    I don't remember my password, etc. and cannot now access my email. Please
    help!
    thanks in advance

    lambertlai, Dec 22, 2006

  2. lambertlai <> wrote in
    news:C1B16B57.971D%:

    > Email( MS Outlook express ver. 5.0.6) worked fine yesterday.
    > Today, I get error message displaying:
    > "Mail could not be received at this time. The server for account
    > "lambertlai" returned the error "Authentication failed. Your
    > username/password or security settings may be incorrect. Would you like
    > to try entering your password?"
    >
    > I did nothing to change my settings, etc. Why is it doing this? Is there
    > a server problem today because of all the holiday traffic?
    > I don't remember my password, etc. and cannot now access my email.
    > Please help!
    > thanks in advance

    Your password is? It's in the PW area of the mail tabs of the accounts
    section of the Tools menu in your menu bar in OE.

    Your email server is probably backlogged. Many are this time of year.

    I think a good movie would be about this guy
    who is a brain scientist, but he gets hit on the head
    and it damages exactly that part of the brain
    that makes you want to study the brain.
    So, everyday he wakes up to try to figure out
    what his life was all about before getting hit on the head.
    It could be a romantic comedy because when he wakes up
    with an ugly girl, he'd think he's being Punk'd by Ashton Kutcher.

    Bucky Breeder, Dec 22, 2006

  3. lambertlai

    Mike Easter Guest

    lambertlai wrote:
    > Email( MS Outlook express ver. 5.0.6) worked fine yesterday.
    > Today, I get error message displaying:
    > "Mail could not be received at this time. The server for account
    > "lambertlai" returned the error "Authentication failed. Your
    > username/password or security settings may be incorrect. Would you
    > like to try entering your password?"
    >
    > I did nothing to change my settings, etc. Why is it doing this? Is
    > there a server problem today because of all the holiday traffic?
    > I don't remember my password, etc. and cannot now access my email.

    See news:458c0672$0$97217$ reply
    to your other msg.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Dec 22, 2006
  4. lambertlai

    Plato Guest

    lambertlai wrote:

    > Email( MS Outlook express ver. 5.0.6) worked fine yesterday.
    > Today, I get error message displaying:
    > "Mail could not be received at this time. The server for account
    > "lambertlai" returned the error "Authentication failed. Your
    > username/password or security settings may be incorrect. Would you like to
    > try entering your password?"
    >
    > I did nothing to change my settings, etc. Why is it doing this? Is there a
    > server problem today because of all the holiday traffic?
    > I don't remember my password, etc. and cannot now access my email. Please

    Give it a day or so and try again.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Dec 23, 2006
  5. Bucky Breeder wrote:

    > It's in the PW area of the mail tabs of the accounts section of the
    > Tools menu in your menu bar in OE.

    Preposition Award! Six in a 23-word sentence. That's a hair over one
    preposition for every four words. You're a master! :)

    Yeah, I know...giving directions usually turns out that way, doesn't it?
    :)

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 23, 2006
  6. Blinky the Shark <> wrote in

    > Bucky Breeder wrote:
    >
    >> It's in the PW area of the mail tabs of the accounts section of the
    >> Tools menu in your menu bar in OE.

    > Preposition Award! Six in a 23-word sentence. That's a hair over one
    > preposition for every four words. You're a master! :)
    >
    > Yeah, I know...giving directions usually turns out that way, doesn't it?
    >:)

    Awww, you didn't even notice that the directions were backwards, so not
    only did I use prepositional conjuntives, but I did it all while looking in
    the rear view mirror... Traffic Cone Award!!!

    I'm actually getting the impression that you actually think that you're
    actually more adept at English gramerr than I actually am.

    He was a cowboy and he loved the land! He loved it
    so much that he made a woman out of dirt and then
    married her. But when he kissed her, she disintegrated.

    Later, at the funeral, the preacher said "Dust to dust,"
    and some people laughed. So the cowboy shot them all.

    At his hanging, for "murder", he told the survivors, "I'll
    be waiting for *you* up in Heaven -- with my trusty angel guns!"

    Bucky Breeder, Dec 23, 2006
  7. Bucky Breeder wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark <> wrote in
    >
    >> Bucky Breeder wrote:
    >>
    >>> It's in the PW area of the mail tabs of the accounts section of the
    >>> Tools menu in your menu bar in OE.

    >> Preposition Award! Six in a 23-word sentence. That's a hair over one
    >> preposition for every four words. You're a master! :)
    >>
    >> Yeah, I know...giving directions usually turns out that way, doesn't it?
    >>:)

    > Awww, you didn't even notice that the directions were backwards, so not
    > only did I use prepositional conjuntives, but I did it all while looking in
    > the rear view mirror... Traffic Cone Award!!!

    Hey, I haven't used OE since my first three or four seconds online back
    in the mid '90s. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 23, 2006
  8. Blinky the Shark <> wrote in

    > Bucky Breeder wrote:
    >> Blinky the Shark <> wrote in

    >>> Preposition Award! Six in a 23-word sentence. That's a hair over one
    >>> preposition for every four words. You're a master! :)
    >>>
    >>> Yeah, I know...giving directions usually turns out that way, doesn't
    >>> it?
    >>>:)

    >> Awww, you didn't even notice that the directions were backwards, so not
    >> only did I use prepositional conjuntives, but I did it all while
    >> looking in the rear view mirror... Traffic Cone Award!!!

    > Hey, I haven't used OE since my first three or four seconds online back
    > in the mid '90s. :)

    Does that mean I get the coveted Traffic Cone Award? (By default and
    abstention...)

    Bucky Breeder, Dec 23, 2006
  9. Bucky Breeder wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark <> wrote in
    >
    >> Bucky Breeder wrote:
    >>> Blinky the Shark <> wrote in

    >>> Awww, you didn't even notice that the directions were backwards, so not
    >>> only did I use prepositional conjuntives, but I did it all while
    >>> looking in the rear view mirror... Traffic Cone Award!!!

    >> Hey, I haven't used OE since my first three or four seconds online back
    >> in the mid '90s. :)

    > Does that mean I get the coveted Traffic Cone Award? (By default and
    > abstention...)

    I'll vote for you. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 23, 2006