    another they need to traverse a network.

    Myron E. Williams
    Crossville, TN

    nospam, Oct 11, 2005

  2. nospam

    Jedi Fans Guest

    nospam wrote:
    > There must be a way! How can I migrate my email from Netscape 7.0 to
    > Thunderbird? In one case they are from and to the same WinXP PC. In
    > another they need to traverse a network.
    >
    > Myron E. Williams
    > Crossville, TN

    same pc... File>Import...
    Not sure about the other one :p

    Jedi Fans, Oct 11, 2005

  3. Jedi Fans wrote:
    > nospam wrote:
    >> There must be a way! How can I migrate my email from Netscape 7.0 to
    >> Thunderbird? In one case they are from and to the same WinXP PC. In
    >> another they need to traverse a network.
    >>
    >> Myron E. Williams
    >> Crossville, TN

    > same pc... File>Import...
    > Not sure about the other one :p

    File>>Import ought to work fine on the same PC, you are right Jedi.

    On the network, you will need to transfer the information manually.
    Irwin's profiles page:

    http://users.adelphia.net/~irwingreenwald/About Profiles.html#copying

    And Chris's help page:

    http://ilias.ca/netscape/profilefaq/

    What I would do is to import the data to Thunderbird on the local
    machine, then clone the profile on the network machine, by creating a
    new profile in TB. Copy the profile folder from the machine which did
    the import, assuming it was successful. Paste it into the default
    profile location of the networked machine.

    Use TB's Profile Manager to create a new profile with that exact same
    name as the profile on the other machine. TB should notice the
    existence of the profile folder and use it rather then creating a new
    profile folder.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 12, 2005
  4. nospam

    nospam Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Jedi Fans wrote:
    >
    >> nospam wrote:
    >>
    >>> There must be a way! How can I migrate my email from Netscape 7.0 to
    >>> Thunderbird? In one case they are from and to the same WinXP PC. In
    >>> another they need to traverse a network.
    >>>
    >>> Myron E. Williams
    >>> Crossville, TN

    >> same pc... File>Import...
    >> Not sure about the other one :p

    > File>>Import ought to work fine on the same PC, you are right Jedi.
    >
    > On the network, you will need to transfer the information manually.
    > Irwin's profiles page:
    >
    > http://users.adelphia.net/~irwingreenwald/About Profiles.html#copying
    >
    > And Chris's help page:
    >
    > http://ilias.ca/netscape/profilefaq/
    >
    > What I would do is to import the data to Thunderbird on the local
    > machine, then clone the profile on the network machine, by creating a
    > new profile in TB. Copy the profile folder from the machine which did
    > the import, assuming it was successful. Paste it into the default
    > profile location of the networked machine.
    >

    > Use TB's Profile Manager to create a new profile with that exact same
    > name as the profile on the other machine. TB should notice the
    > existence of the profile folder and use it rather then creating a new
    > profile folder.
    >
    > Lee

    Nice try, but no cigar. I suspect you meant TOOLS>Import (rather than
    FILE) I had found that, but that offers a choice of only 4 sources for
    the mail: Communicator 4.x, Eudora, Outlook Express, and Outlook. None
    of these apply. If I select Communicator, it just pauses and closes. I
    suspect it may be there in those other hints, but I don't have a week or
    month to study.

    Myron

    nospam, Oct 12, 2005