    repair because couldn't complete the renewal'. Very informative roundabout
    situation!

    Any ideas?
    Maurice, Jan 24, 2007

  2. Maurice

    Gordon Guest

    Maurice wrote:

    > All of a sudden, when I click on email links I get an IE message saying
    > "could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not
    > properly installed"
    >
    > I had done absolutely nothing to change the settings and it has been
    > working fine for years. I can still send and receive emails the normal way
    > and I can use links to
    > web sites but I cannot use links to email addresses. I checked and checked
    > again. All normal. I deleted all my accounts details and put them back
    > again. No change.
    >
    > In Local Area Connection right clicking `status` brings up nothing.
    > Clicking on 'repair' ('renewing IP address') I get a message saying 'could
    > not finish repair because couldn't complete the renewal'. Very informative
    > roundabout situation!
    >
    > Any ideas?

    No. Unless you tell us what email client you are using......
    Gordon, Jan 24, 2007

  3. Maurice

    Maurice Guest

    Sorry, my email client is Outlook Express.
    --
    Maurice <>
    High Wycombe. UK

    Maurice, Jan 24, 2007
  4. Maurice

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 19:26:54 GMT, "Maurice" <>
    wrote:

    >All of a sudden, when I click on email links I get an IE message saying
    >"could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not
    >properly installed"
    >
    >I had done absolutely nothing to change the settings and it has been working
    >fine for years. I can still send and receive emails the normal way and I can
    >use links to
    >web sites but I cannot use links to email addresses. I checked and checked
    >again. All normal. I deleted all my accounts details and put them back
    >again. No change.
    >
    >In Local Area Connection right clicking `status` brings up nothing. Clicking
    >on 'repair' ('renewing IP address') I get a message saying 'could not finish
    >repair because couldn't complete the renewal'. Very informative roundabout
    >situation!

    One can only guess you're using Outhouse Express for e-mail.

    See the 30,000 times this has been brought up before.

    http://www.google.com/search?aq=t&o...not open links in outlook express&btnG=Search

    or

    http://groups.google.com/groups/sea...s 24hoursupport.helpdesk&safe=off&qt_s=Search
    Evan Platt, Jan 24, 2007
  5. Maurice

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 19:26:54 +0000, Maurice Has Frothed:

    > All of a sudden, when I click on email links I get an IE message saying
    > "could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not
    > properly installed"

    Make sure your installed email client is the default client.

    COOSN-266-06-25794
    Meat Plow, Jan 24, 2007
  6. Maurice

    Maurice Guest

    Well thanks for the lead. Although I didn't have a problem launching web
    sites, only email links, that article did point me in the right direction
    and sure enough OE was no longer my client. Why not I have no idea!

    --
    Maurice <>
    High Wycombe. UK

    Maurice, Jan 24, 2007
  7. Maurice wrote:

    > Well thanks for the lead. Although I didn't have a problem launching
    > web sites, only email links, that article did point me in the right
    > direction and sure enough OE was no longer my client. Why not I have
    > no idea!

    Just got a Windows Update, I'd wager...

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 24, 2007
  8. Maurice

    Maurice Guest

    Yes, as a matter of fact I did. How come computer technology is so advanced
    we can send men to the moon on return trips and send satellites to
    investigate Jupiter and beyond but when it comes to Windows adding a file or
    two to a home computer without it screwing up its own Windows
    settings................well!!

    Maurice, Jan 25, 2007
  9. Maurice wrote:

    > Yes, as a matter of fact I did. How come computer technology is so
    > advanced we can send men to the moon on return trips and send
    > satellites to investigate Jupiter and beyond but when it comes to
    > Windows adding a file or two to a home computer without it screwing
    > up its own Windows settings................well!!

    Imagine if those spacecraft computers ran Windows!

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 25, 2007
  10. Maurice

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 00:36:28 GMT, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    <> wrote:

    >Imagine if those spacecraft computers ran Windows!

    They'd have to reboot the space shuttle every 3,000 miles.
    Evan Platt, Jan 25, 2007
  11. Maurice

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 00:21:11 +0000, Maurice Has Frothed:

    > Yes, as a matter of fact I did. How come computer technology is so advanced
    > we can send men to the moon on return trips

    Computer technology was hardly "so advanced" when we landed on the moon in
    1969. As a matter of fact a 5 dollar digital watch probably has as much
    computing power as Apollo 11 had.

    COOSN-266-06-25794
    Meat Plow, Jan 25, 2007
  12. Maurice

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 00:36:28 +0000, Beauregard T. Shagnasty Has Frothed:

    > Maurice wrote:
    >
    >> Yes, as a matter of fact I did. How come computer technology is so
    >> advanced we can send men to the moon on return trips and send
    >> satellites to investigate Jupiter and beyond but when it comes to
    >> Windows adding a file or two to a home computer without it screwing
    >> up its own Windows settings................well!!

    > Imagine if those spacecraft computers ran Windows!

    http://www.flypfc.com/fms panels/fms drawings.html

    Airbus Stand Alone FMS

    Complete unit as shown above is $3,500.00
    with Windows XP operating system

    Boeing Stand Alone FMS

    Meat Plow, Jan 25, 2007
  13. Meat Plow wrote:

    > On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 00:36:28 +0000, Beauregard T. Shagnasty Has Frothed:
    >
    >> Maurice wrote:
    >>
    >>> Yes, as a matter of fact I did. How come computer technology is so
    >>> advanced we can send men to the moon on return trips and send
    >>> satellites to investigate Jupiter and beyond but when it comes to
    >>> Windows adding a file or two to a home computer without it screwing
    >>> up its own Windows settings................well!!

    >> Imagine if those spacecraft computers ran Windows!

    > http://www.flypfc.com/fms panels/fms drawings.html

    I'll never fly again. <gulp>

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 25, 2007
  14. Maurice

    Annette Guest

    "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 19:26:54 +0000, Maurice Has Frothed:
    >
    >> All of a sudden, when I click on email links I get an IE message saying
    >> "could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not
    >> properly installed"

    > Make sure your installed email client is the default client.
    >
    > COOSN-266-06-25794

    *******************
    Similar problem with links within Outlook Express: After re-configuring
    Firewall settings, I get a ding-ding sound when clicking on the links.
    Instead of going through the extra changes, I hold the Ctr key while
    clicking on the links and they work. Just my two cents.
    *****************
    Annette, Feb 2, 2007
  15. Maurice

    Kenz

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2011
    Messages:
    4
    I have the same problem as you do. Did you resolve this issue? If you want you can email me at

    Ken
    Kenz, Aug 20, 2011
  16. Maurice

    Kenz

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2011
    Messages:
    4
    Try making google chrome you default browser. The links open up very fast.

    Ken
    Kenz, Aug 21, 2011