    Buford T. Justice
    The alt.video.dvd faq is located at:
    http://aww-faq.org/dvdfaq.html

    FAQmeister, Jul 20, 2004

  2. FAQmeister

    Criz Guest

    At least you have got something.... My last order never turned up and they
    resent it 3 times, and I got nothing, so I cancelled the order and placed
    another order and this has yet to turn up as well, my brother placed an
    order 10 days after my last order and that turned up this morning, and it is
    the same address.

    DeepDiscountDVD wont be getting any more of my money that is for certain.

    Criz, Jul 20, 2004

  3. FAQmeister

    Tony Guest

    "Criz" <> wrote in message
    > At least you have got something.... My last order never turned up and

    they
    > resent it 3 times, and I got nothing, so I cancelled the order and placed
    > another order and this has yet to turn up as well, my brother placed an
    > order 10 days after my last order and that turned up this morning, and it

    is
    > the same address.

    I already posted my "story" recently, but I had the same thing happen. An
    order that supposedly shipped out never arrived. They claimed to have sent
    a replacement. It, too, never arrived. Finally I was able to get a refund
    and cancel the order.

    I know that things get lost in transit, but in the dozens of online orders I
    place each year, this was both a first and a second occurence for me.

    Tony

    Tony, Jul 20, 2004
  4. "Criz" <> wrote in message
    > At least you have got something.... My last order never turned up and

    they
    > resent it 3 times, and I got nothing, so I cancelled the order and placed
    > another order and this has yet to turn up as well, my brother placed an
    > order 10 days after my last order and that turned up this morning, and it

    is
    > the same address.
    >
    > DeepDiscountDVD wont be getting any more of my money that is for certain.

    Huh...my experience with them has been nothing but 100% complete
    satisfaction from 10/20/02 to 6/19/04, with 18 orders in between. I guess
    it's a strange phenomenon how someone can have such bad luck with a company
    while someone else has nothing but good luck.

    Michael Walker, Jul 21, 2004
  5. FAQmeister

    Wild Coyote Guest

    On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 18:14:25 -0500, "Michael Walker"
    <> wrote:

    >"Criz" <> wrote in message
    >> At least you have got something.... My last order never turned up and

    >they
    >> resent it 3 times, and I got nothing, so I cancelled the order and placed
    >> another order and this has yet to turn up as well, my brother placed an
    >> order 10 days after my last order and that turned up this morning, and it

    >is
    >> the same address.
    >>
    >> DeepDiscountDVD wont be getting any more of my money that is for certain.

    >Huh...my experience with them has been nothing but 100% complete
    >satisfaction from 10/20/02 to 6/19/04, with 18 orders in between. I guess
    >it's a strange phenomenon how someone can have such bad luck with a company
    >while someone else has nothing but good luck.

    Michael, from 9/19/02 to now I have placed about 100 orders. I have
    had just about everything go wrong, but I have always gotten it fixed.
    Lost orders, wrong items, they have always fixed them.

    --
    The Day PP was speechless, April 20, 2004.

    "This may actually be the strangest idea ever in abp. I think you got
    me, WC--I'm speechless. A guy in a female road runner suit... that's
    just not right."

    Wild Coyote
    wild_coyote<AT>whoppermail.com

    Wild Coyote, Jul 21, 2004
  6. FAQmeister

    Stan Brown Guest

    "Criz" <> wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    >At least you have got something.... My last order never turned up and they
    >resent it 3 times, and I got nothing, so I cancelled the order and placed
    >another order and this has yet to turn up as well, my brother placed an
    >order 10 days after my last order and that turned up this morning, and it is
    >the same address.
    >
    >DeepDiscountDVD wont be getting any more of my money that is for certain.

    I'm with you, but don't you know resistance is futile? Every time
    anyone posts a bad experience with DDDVD, its legion of defenders
    jumps in to say _they_'ve never had a problem.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/

    Stan Brown, Jul 21, 2004
  7. FAQmeister

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <>, Stan Brown
    <> wrote:

    > "Criz" <> wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    > >At least you have got something.... My last order never turned up and they
    > >resent it 3 times, and I got nothing, so I cancelled the order and placed
    > >another order and this has yet to turn up as well, my brother placed an
    > >order 10 days after my last order and that turned up this morning, and it is
    > >the same address.
    > >
    > >DeepDiscountDVD wont be getting any more of my money that is for certain.

    > I'm with you, but don't you know resistance is futile? Every time
    > anyone posts a bad experience with DDDVD, its legion of defenders
    > jumps in to say _they_'ve never had a problem.

    If they screw up 1% of the orders, that still leaves lots of people who
    get good service. However with you guys leaving them, that means one of
    us may be stuck in that 1% next time which is why we try and change
    your mind :)

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

    Invid Fan, Jul 21, 2004
  8. FAQmeister

    Dan P. Guest

    "Stan Brown" <> wrote in message
    > "Criz" <> wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    > >At least you have got something.... My last order never turned up and

    they
    > >resent it 3 times, and I got nothing, so I cancelled the order and placed
    > >another order and this has yet to turn up as well, my brother placed an
    > >order 10 days after my last order and that turned up this morning, and it

    is
    > >the same address.
    > >
    > >DeepDiscountDVD wont be getting any more of my money that is for certain.

    > I'm with you, but don't you know resistance is futile? Every time
    > anyone posts a bad experience with DDDVD, its legion of defenders
    > jumps in to say _they_'ve never had a problem.

    I've never had a problem with them. :) But really, I haven't.an issue with
    them in 7 transactions. Amazon.com is another reliable DVD retailer, just
    based on my personal experience.

    Also, I don't take the OP's post too seriously since his only other role in
    this group has been as a troll whose sole purpose is to start flame wars.

    Dan

    Dan P., Jul 21, 2004
  9. FAQmeister

    Stan Brown Guest

    The statistics of customer service (Re: email I just sent to Deep Discount DVD)

    "Dan P." <> wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    >I've never had a problem with them. :) But really, I haven't.an issue with
    >them in 7 transactions. Amazon.com is another reliable DVD retailer, just
    >based on my personal experience.
    >
    >Also, I don't take the OP's post too seriously since his only other role in
    >this group has been as a troll whose sole purpose is to start flame wars.

    Yeah, I know. That's why I didn't respond to him, till someone else
    posted a problem. As Sir Humphrey said in /Yes, Minister/, that's
    the sort of friend who makes you prefer your enemies.

    You and the "1%" fellow ("Invid Fan") point out a real phenomenon:
    it's really, really hard to select a retailer based on one's own
    experience. Even the best retailer will have some percent of botched
    orders; even the worst will have some percent that go through okay.

    Suppose store A gets 99.5% of orders right. Out of a million
    customers that place 10 orders each, 14 customers will have 3 or
    more botched orders each.

    Now suppose store B gets 80% of orders right, which I think we would
    all agree is pretty bad. Out of a million customers with 10 orders
    each, about 322,000 will have 3 or more botched orders. (107,000
    will still have 10 perfect orders, even from that bad a retailer.)

    The problem is, if you've placed 10 orders and they've all been
    trouble free, you don't know whether the true situation is A or B.
    If you've placed 10 orders and had three bad botches (as I have),
    you don't know whether the true situation is A (and you should stick
    with the store anyway) or B (and you should get out while you can).

    In the newsgroups we share our experience, but the folks who post
    are obviously not a true random sample so we can't draw any
    statistically valid conclusion. I will say that no other retailer
    seems to arouse as strong feelings both pro and con as DDDVD does.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/

    Stan Brown, Jul 21, 2004
  10. FAQmeister

    FAQmeister Guest

    "Wild Coyote" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 18:14:25 -0500, "Michael Walker"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> "Criz" <> wrote in message
    >>> At least you have got something.... My last order never turned up
    >>> and they resent it 3 times, and I got nothing, so I cancelled the
    >>> order and placed another order and this has yet to turn up as well,
    >>> my brother placed an order 10 days after my last order and that
    >>> turned up this morning, and it is the same address.
    >>>
    >>> DeepDiscountDVD wont be getting any more of my money that is for
    >>> certain.

    >> Huh...my experience with them has been nothing but 100% complete
    >> satisfaction from 10/20/02 to 6/19/04, with 18 orders in between. I
    >> guess it's a strange phenomenon how someone can have such bad luck
    >> with a company while someone else has nothing but good luck.
    >>

    > Michael, from 9/19/02 to now I have placed about 100 orders. I have
    > had just about everything go wrong, but I have always gotten it fixed.
    > Lost orders, wrong items, they have always fixed them.

    Did they ever refund the return shipping costs? I just got this response
    from them:

    > Thank you for contacting DeepDiscountDVD.com!
    > We apologize for any inconvenience. We will ship the correct item upon

    receipt.

    No offer to pay the return shipping there. I wrote back to say that if
    they didn't refund the shipping costs for both returns they would lose
    me as a customer. I shouldn't have had to ask.

    FAQmeister, Jul 21, 2004
  11. FAQmeister

    FAQmeister Guest

    "Dan P." <> wrote in message
    > "Stan Brown" <> wrote in message
    >> "Criz" <> wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    >>> At least you have got something.... My last order never turned up
    >>> and they resent it 3 times, and I got nothing, so I cancelled the
    >>> order and placed another order and this has yet to turn up as well,
    >>> my brother placed an order 10 days after my last order and that
    >>> turned up this morning, and it is the same address.
    >>>
    >>> DeepDiscountDVD wont be getting any more of my money that is for
    >>> certain.

    >> I'm with you, but don't you know resistance is futile? Every time
    >> anyone posts a bad experience with DDDVD, its legion of defenders
    >> jumps in to say _they_'ve never had a problem.
    >>

    > I've never had a problem with them. :) But really, I haven't.an
    > issue with them in 7 transactions. Amazon.com is another reliable
    > DVD retailer, just based on my personal experience.
    >
    > Also, I don't take the OP's post too seriously since his only other
    > role in this group has been as a troll whose sole purpose is to start
    > flame wars.

    Yeah well, I don't take your reply too seriously since you've only had 7
    transactions with DDD and you falsely accuse me of trolling and starting
    flame wars.

    I didn't troll or start any flame wars and I haven't flamed or insulted
    anyone, despite the tremendous amount of abuse that has been directed at
    me. All of the trolling and flaming came from people who disagreed with
    the things I've done--things I had a right to do. Many of the people in
    this group are incapable of disagreeing with someone without resorting
    to childish behavior.

    FAQmeister, Jul 21, 2004
  12. FAQmeister

    Justin Guest

    Stan Brown wrote on [Tue, 20 Jul 2004 21:48:58 -0400]:
    > "Criz" <> wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    >>At least you have got something.... My last order never turned up and they
    >>resent it 3 times, and I got nothing, so I cancelled the order and placed
    >>another order and this has yet to turn up as well, my brother placed an
    >>order 10 days after my last order and that turned up this morning, and it is
    >>the same address.
    >>
    >>DeepDiscountDVD wont be getting any more of my money that is for certain.

    > I'm with you, but don't you know resistance is futile? Every time
    > anyone posts a bad experience with DDDVD, its legion of defenders
    > jumps in to say _they_'ve never had a problem.

    I've had one item lost, and they reshipped after the waiting period.
    What more can you ask for?

    Oh, you mean you need it by a certain time? People always warn against
    ordering for a certain time with them.

    Justin, Jul 21, 2004
  13. x (FAQmeister) wrote:

    "Did they ever refund the return shipping costs?"

    I've ordered hundreds of discs from DDDVD and on the few occasions that
    there was a problem, I called their 800 number and requested a return
    postage slip. The slip arrived about 5 days later and I affixed it to
    the box in which the disc was shipped.

    That doesn't help you now, but try that if you should need to return
    something in the future.

    --
    My DVD collection:
    http://www.geocities.com/nmzdfilms/dvdlibrary.html

    Noise is a byproduct of inefficiency.

    Neo Maxi Zoom Dweeby, Jul 21, 2004
  14. FAQmeister

    Wild Coyote Guest

    On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 07:41:23 -0700, "FAQmeister"
    <> wrote:

    >"Wild Coyote" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 18:14:25 -0500, "Michael Walker"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Criz" <> wrote in message

    >>> Huh...my experience with them has been nothing but 100% complete
    >>> satisfaction from 10/20/02 to 6/19/04, with 18 orders in between. I
    >>> guess it's a strange phenomenon how someone can have such bad luck
    >>> with a company while someone else has nothing but good luck.
    >>>

    >> Michael, from 9/19/02 to now I have placed about 100 orders. I have
    >> had just about everything go wrong, but I have always gotten it fixed.
    >> Lost orders, wrong items, they have always fixed them.

    >Did they ever refund the return shipping costs? I just got this response
    >from them:
    >
    >> Thank you for contacting DeepDiscountDVD.com!
    >> We apologize for any inconvenience. We will ship the correct item upon

    >receipt.
    >
    >No offer to pay the return shipping there. I wrote back to say that if
    >they didn't refund the shipping costs for both returns they would lose
    >me as a customer. I shouldn't have had to ask.

    You have to ask and then they will. If it is their fault. I have
    never asked when it is my fault.

    --
    Still Howlin' at the Moon!

    Wild Coyote, Jul 21, 2004
  15. FAQmeister

    FAQmeister Guest

    "Wild Coyote" <> wrote in message
    > You have to ask and then they will. If it is their fault. I have
    > never asked when it is my fault.

    "Neo Maxi Zoom Dweeby" <> wrote in message
    > I've ordered hundreds of discs from DDDVD and on the few occasions
    > that there was a problem, I called their 800 number and requested a
    > return postage slip. The slip arrived about 5 days later and I
    > affixed it to the box in which the disc was shipped.
    >
    > That doesn't help you now, but try that if you should need to return
    > something in the future.

    Thanks guys. That's good to know for future reference.

    They shipped out two packages to me on the same day and they may well
    arrive on the same day, but I realized that since I know the order
    numbers I can see which package has to go back without opening it. I'll
    just refuse that one and I won't have to pay for the return postage.

    The original problem wasn't really their fault (wrong DVD inside sealed
    correct case), but now they've compounded the mistake because of their
    carelessness.

    FAQmeister, Jul 22, 2004
  16. FAQmeister

    Criz Guest

    Do they offer that for overseas orders as well? I have had a couple of disks
    in box sets get loose and they have replaced the disks but I have had to pay
    postage to return it.

    Criz, Jul 22, 2004
  17. FAQmeister

    Biz Guest

    "Criz" <> wrote in message
    > Do they offer that for overseas orders as well? I have had a couple of

    disks
    > in box sets get loose and they have replaced the disks but I have had to

    pay
    > postage to return it.

    No they dont and they shouldnt...If you want to order disks out of your
    area, then you deal with the extra postage...

    Biz, Jul 22, 2004
  18. FAQmeister

    Scott Higdon Guest

    On 2004-07-21 11:02:17 -0400, "FAQmeister" <> said:

    > "Dan P." <> wrote in message
    >> "Stan Brown" <> wrote in message

    >>> I'm with you, but don't you know resistance is futile? Every time
    >>> anyone posts a bad experience with DDDVD, its legion of defenders
    >>> jumps in to say _they_'ve never had a problem.
    >>>

    >> I've never had a problem with them. :) But really, I haven't.an
    >> issue with them in 7 transactions. Amazon.com is another reliable
    >> DVD retailer, just based on my personal experience.
    >>
    >> Also, I don't take the OP's post too seriously since his only other
    >> role in this group has been as a troll whose sole purpose is to start
    >> flame wars.

    > Yeah well, I don't take your reply too seriously since you've only had 7
    > transactions with DDD and you falsely accuse me of trolling and starting
    > flame wars.

    How many transactions did it take you to start having bad experiences
    with DDDVD? More than 7? 10? Less than 7? If less, how many bad
    transactions did you accept before giving up on them?

    Listen, folks, it's not that complicated. If a store screws up your
    order, and does anything less than whatever-it-takes to fix it, then
    screw 'em! How many chances should they deserve? If you keep going
    back, and they keep screwing up, that makes you the sucker.

    Scott Higdon, Jul 23, 2004
  19. FAQmeister

    FAQmeister Guest

    "Scott Higdon" <> wrote in message
    > How many transactions did it take you to start having bad experiences
    > with DDDVD? More than 7? 10? Less than 7? If less, how many bad
    > transactions did you accept before giving up on them?

    I don't know how many exactly, but it's got to be over 40 or so by now
    and I've never had a problem with them till this. I am willing to cut
    them some slack because of that good track record and I haven't given up
    on them yet.

    > Listen, folks, it's not that complicated. If a store screws up your
    > order, and does anything less than whatever-it-takes to fix it, then
    > screw 'em! How many chances should they deserve? If you keep going
    > back, and they keep screwing up, that makes you the sucker.

    That's true, however one should also try to keep things in perspective.
    So far, their screw-up cost me $1.85. It shouldn't have cost me
    anything, but then I didn't contact them before I returned the DVD
    either. Now I know better, and that $1.85 is just a tiny percentage of
    what I've saved by buying from them.

    FAQmeister, Jul 23, 2004
  20. FAQmeister

    Scott Higdon Guest

    On 2004-07-22 23:43:39 -0400, "FAQmeister" <> said:

    > "Scott Higdon" <> wrote in message
    >> How many transactions did it take you to start having bad experiences
    >> with DDDVD? More than 7? 10? Less than 7? If less, how many bad
    >> transactions did you accept before giving up on them?

    > I don't know how many exactly, but it's got to be over 40 or so by now
    > and I've never had a problem with them till this. I am willing to cut
    > them some slack because of that good track record and I haven't given up
    > on them yet.
    >
    >> Listen, folks, it's not that complicated. If a store screws up your
    >> order, and does anything less than whatever-it-takes to fix it, then
    >> screw 'em! How many chances should they deserve? If you keep going
    >> back, and they keep screwing up, that makes you the sucker.

    > That's true, however one should also try to keep things in perspective.
    > So far, their screw-up cost me $1.85. It shouldn't have cost me
    > anything, but then I didn't contact them before I returned the DVD
    > either. Now I know better, and that $1.85 is just a tiny percentage of
    > what I've saved by buying from them.

    That's great. However, there seem to be people in this thread who've
    had nothing but bad experiences with them, and yet keep ordering. I
    don't get that.

    Scott Higdon, Jul 23, 2004