Email Hosting recommendation

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by John Smith, Apr 30, 2007.

  1. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    Good day all,

    I'm interested in getting an online email address that is independent
    from my ISP.

    My main need are IMAP access, over 50MB of storage and a generous amount
    of transfer. I'm not planning to use it for file transfer but I would
    need to sync it up to 5 or 6 place a week so the bandwith can grow easily.

    The domain name of the service is not really important as long as it's
    not "unprofessional" () I don't have a domain so I
    would have to rely on the email hosting company to provide some kind of
    name, IE: , or something similar to
    dyndns.org where you can select over 30 domains.

    Does anyone have any recommendation or suggestions?

    Thank you for the support.

    Pleiades

    John Smith, Apr 30, 2007

  2. John Smith

    Sandy Nuts Guest

    "John Smith" <> wrote in message
    > Good day all,
    >
    > I'm interested in getting an online email address that is independent from
    > my ISP.
    >
    > My main need are IMAP access, over 50MB of storage and a generous amount
    > of transfer. I'm not planning to use it for file transfer but I would need
    > to sync it up to 5 or 6 place a week so the bandwith can grow easily.
    >
    > The domain name of the service is not really important as long as it's not
    > "unprofessional" () I don't have a domain so I would
    > have to rely on the email hosting company to provide some kind of name,
    > IE: , or something similar to dyndns.org
    > where you can select over 30 domains.
    >
    > Does anyone have any recommendation or suggestions?

    http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=14657131

    Exchange hosting for £5.99/mo. If you're in the US, they do a US service
    too. Can't fault them.

    Sandy Nuts, Apr 30, 2007

  3. John Smith wrote:
    > Good day all,
    >
    > I'm interested in getting an online email address that is independent
    > from my ISP.
    >
    > My main need are IMAP access, over 50MB of storage and a generous amount
    > of transfer. I'm not planning to use it for file transfer but I would
    > need to sync it up to 5 or 6 place a week so the bandwith can grow easily.
    >
    > The domain name of the service is not really important as long as it's
    > not "unprofessional" () I don't have a domain so I
    > would have to rely on the email hosting company to provide some kind of
    > name, IE: , or something similar to
    > dyndns.org where you can select over 30 domains.

    > Does anyone have any recommendation or suggestions?

    Sure. *Get* a domain. They can be had for six or seven dollars (US,
    convert as needed) a year. Then you're in charge. And you don't have
    to worry about mickey-mouse domains unless you buy one. :)

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, May 1, 2007