    Its just annoying to open new browser to check hotmail emails.

    Thanks in advance

    ---

    No one interesting posting, Feb 22, 2004

  2. No one interesting posting

    Unk Guest

    On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 10:43:52 -0000, "No one interesting posting" <mr
    > wrote:

    >Hi all you knowledgable people
    >
    >I have a hotmail account, the question is can I import (if so how) so I can
    >have them directed to outlook express?
    >
    >Its just annoying to open new browser to check hotmail emails.
    >
    >Thanks in advance

    How to Configure Outlook Express to Use a Hotmail Account
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q220852

    Hotmail with Outlook Express - A nicer way to Hotmail
    http://windows.about.com/library/weekly/aa020512a.htm

    Unk, Feb 22, 2004

  3. No one interesting posting

    Roy Guest

    Go to Tools,Accounts,Add and Mail
    After entering your name and Hotmail email addy in the first two steps,
    choose HTTP from the server box and then Hotmail from the box that appears
    just below it. The other details are then filled in automatically and you
    just click next. Then you just enter your Hotmail username and password and
    your done

    "No one interesting posting" <mr > wrote in
    message news:tK%Zb.9875$...

    Roy, Feb 22, 2004
  4. No one interesting posting

    eric_seal Guest

    Be aware when it comes to using Hotmail with OE.... fast it aint.

    "Roy" <> wrote in message
    > Go to Tools,Accounts,Add and Mail
    > After entering your name and Hotmail email addy in the first two steps,
    > choose HTTP from the server box and then Hotmail from the box that

    appears
    > just below it. The other details are then filled in automatically and you
    > just click next. Then you just enter your Hotmail username and password

    and
    > your done
    >

    > "No one interesting posting" <mr > wrote

    in
    > message news:tK%Zb.9875$...
    > > Hi all you knowledgable people
    > >
    > > I have a hotmail account, the question is can I import (if so how) so I

    > can
    > > have them directed to outlook express?
    > >
    > > Its just annoying to open new browser to check hotmail emails.
    > >

    > > Thanks in advance
    > >

    > > ---

    ---

    eric_seal, Feb 22, 2004
  5. Well thanks to the two guys earlier especially Roy I have done it and it
    works great

    Thanks

    xxx
    "eric_seal" <> wrote in message
    > Be aware when it comes to using Hotmail with OE.... fast it aint.
    >

    > "Roy" <> wrote in message
    > > Go to Tools,Accounts,Add and Mail
    > > After entering your name and Hotmail email addy in the first two steps,
    > > choose HTTP from the server box and then Hotmail from the box that

    > appears
    > > just below it. The other details are then filled in automatically and

    you
    > > just click next. Then you just enter your Hotmail username and password

    > and
    > > your done
    > >

    > > "No one interesting posting" <mr >

    wrote
    > in
    > > message news:tK%Zb.9875$...
    > > > Hi all you knowledgable people
    > > >
    > > > I have a hotmail account, the question is can I import (if so how) so

    > > can
    > > > have them directed to outlook express?
    > > >
    > > > Its just annoying to open new browser to check hotmail emails.
    > > >

    > > > Thanks in advance
    > > >

    > > > ---
    > > >

    > ---

    ---

    No one interesting posting, Feb 22, 2004
  6. No one interesting posting

    Paul - xxx Guest

    eric_seal posted ...

    > Be aware when it comes to using Hotmail with OE.... fast it aint.

    That's dependant upon you're connection speed .. and how Hotmail is normally
    posted .. ;)

    --
    Paul

    (8(|) Homer rocks .. ;)

    Paul - xxx, Feb 22, 2004
  7. Yes I've noticed it is slower as I've tested it to both accounts and it
    takes up to ten minutes to hit hotmail but at least I've done something
    worthwhile today
    ;0)

    "Paul - xxx" <> wrote in message
    > eric_seal posted ...
    >
    > > Be aware when it comes to using Hotmail with OE.... fast it aint.

    > That's dependant upon you're connection speed .. and how Hotmail is

    normally
    > posted .. ;)
    >
    > --
    > Paul
    >
    > (8(|) Homer rocks .. ;)

    ---

    No one interesting posting, Feb 22, 2004
  8. No one interesting posting

    trout Guest

    No one interesting posting wrote:

    > Yes I've noticed it is slower as I've tested it to both accounts and
    > it takes up to ten minutes to hit hotmail but at least I've done
    > something worthwhile today
    > ;0)

    Ten minutes? Wow, that *is* slow! Do you have a lot of messages
    stored in Hotmail folders? If so; you might consider creating more
    'Local Folders' in OE for storage, copying the material there, and
    cleaning-out the Hotmail folders. Might speed things up.

    trout, Feb 22, 2004
  9. On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 11:29:46 -0000, "eric_seal" <>
    wrote:

    >Be aware when it comes to using Hotmail with OE.... fast it aint.

    As fast as normal email for me!!

    --
    Paulie

    pjpjpj A T aussiemail D O T com