Email from VoIP.co.uk today:

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Jono, Oct 1, 2007.

  1. Jono

    Jono Guest

    Anyone else get this and "tested"?

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Dear Jono,

    VoIP.co.uk will soon be upgrading its voice systems with new software.
    This upgrade allows us to offer a service which has greater
    availability
    and ultimately new features.

    In preparation of this release we would like to invite interested
    parties to connect to our beta platform to trial it, and provide us
    with any feedback or comments.

    Please note that this email contains technical information and should
    the reader not be comfortable making these changes to their device then
    please disregard this message.

    To connect to the beta platform please reconfigure your VoIP device to
    use the following settings:

    beta.voip.co.uk UDP port 5060 for registrar, proxy and outbound proxy
    SIP usernames / passwords remain unchanged.

    Current caveats of the beta suite are as follows:

    - Calls are not supported between proxy.voip.co.uk and
    beta.voip.co.uk.
    - 999/112 is not supported
    - Directory Enquiries and other short dialled numbers are not
    supported.

    Calls to the PSTN and Voicemail are however operational.

    Any incoming DDIs that have at least one SIP account target registered
    on the beta platform will be sent via the beta plaform rather than
    proxy.voip.co.uk. Please be aware of this if you register on both
    platforms.

    Please note we cannot guarantee the availability of the beta platform.

    Customers connecting to beta.voip.co.uk who wish to report an issue are
    requested to email <>. We will read all the incoming
    emails but cannot guarantee a reply.

    Kind regards,

    --
    Chris Harding
    Customer Support Manager

    Jono, Oct 1, 2007

  2. Jono

    BC Guest

    Jono wrote:
    > Anyone else get this and "tested"?

    Just set the beta settings in my Linksys 2102.

    BC, Oct 1, 2007

  3. Jono

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Mon, 1 Oct 2007, Jono writes
    >Anyone else get this and "tested"?

    Received it, yes. But yet to test it.

    David

    David Floyd, Oct 1, 2007
  4. Jono

    Phil Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > Anyone else get this and "tested"?
    >
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    >
    > Dear Jono,
    >
    > VoIP.co.uk will soon be upgrading its voice systems with new software.
    > This upgrade allows us to offer a service which has greater availability
    > and ultimately new features.
    >
    > In preparation of this release we would like to invite interested
    > parties to connect to our beta platform to trial it, and provide us
    > with any feedback or comments.
    >
    > Please note that this email contains technical information and should
    > the reader not be comfortable making these changes to their device then
    > please disregard this message.
    >
    > To connect to the beta platform please reconfigure your VoIP device to
    > use the following settings:
    >
    > beta.voip.co.uk UDP port 5060 for registrar, proxy and outbound proxy
    > SIP usernames / passwords remain unchanged.
    >
    > Current caveats of the beta suite are as follows:
    >
    > - Calls are not supported between proxy.voip.co.uk and beta.voip.co.uk.
    > - 999/112 is not supported
    > - Directory Enquiries and other short dialled numbers are not supported.
    >
    > Calls to the PSTN and Voicemail are however operational.
    >
    > Any incoming DDIs that have at least one SIP account target registered on
    > the beta platform will be sent via the beta plaform rather than
    > proxy.voip.co.uk. Please be aware of this if you register on both
    > platforms.
    >
    > Please note we cannot guarantee the availability of the beta platform.
    >
    > Customers connecting to beta.voip.co.uk who wish to report an issue are
    > requested to email <>. We will read all the incoming
    > emails but cannot guarantee a reply.
    >
    > Kind regards,
    >
    > --
    > Chris Harding
    > Customer Support Manager

    Yes, I got this email. I've just set it up and seems to be working well.

    Phil, Oct 2, 2007
  5. Jono

    Roger Mills Guest

    Jono <> wrote:

    > Anyone else get this and "tested"?
    >
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    <SNIP>

    I had the email - but I haven't tried it. It says, among other things, that
    calls are not supported between proxy.voip.co.uk and beta.voip.co.uk

    Does that mean that you can't ring voip.co.uk at 01908 764196 for free (or
    even at all!) when connected to the beta platform?
    --
    Cheers,
    Roger

    Roger Mills, Oct 2, 2007
  6. Jono

    Michael Guest

    Jono wrote:

    > Anyone else get this and "tested"?
    >
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    >
    > Dear Jono,
    >
    > VoIP.co.uk will soon be upgrading its voice systems with new software.
    > This upgrade allows us to offer a service which has greater
    > availability and ultimately new features.
    >
    > In preparation of this release we would like to invite interested
    > parties to connect to our beta platform to trial it, and provide us
    > with any feedback or comments.
    >
    > Please note that this email contains technical information and should
    > the reader not be comfortable making these changes to their device
    > then please disregard this message.
    >
    > To connect to the beta platform please reconfigure your VoIP device to
    > use the following settings:
    >
    > beta.voip.co.uk UDP port 5060 for registrar, proxy and outbound proxy
    > SIP usernames / passwords remain unchanged.
    >
    > Current caveats of the beta suite are as follows:
    >
    > - Calls are not supported between proxy.voip.co.uk and
    > beta.voip.co.uk. - 999/112 is not supported
    > - Directory Enquiries and other short dialled numbers are not
    > supported.
    >
    > Calls to the PSTN and Voicemail are however operational.
    >
    > Any incoming DDIs that have at least one SIP account target
    > registered on the beta platform will be sent via the beta plaform
    > rather than proxy.voip.co.uk. Please be aware of this if you
    > register on both platforms.
    >
    > Please note we cannot guarantee the availability of the beta platform.
    >
    > Customers connecting to beta.voip.co.uk who wish to report an issue
    > are requested to email <>. We will read all the
    > incoming emails but cannot guarantee a reply.
    >
    > Kind regards,

    Made the changes to my PAP2T - hove yet to notice anything untoward

    Mick

    Michael, Oct 2, 2007
  7. Jono

    Roger Guest

    > Made the changes to my PAP2T - hove yet to notice anything untoward
    >
    > Mick
    >
    > --

    is your voicemail working? Mine isnt.

    Roger, Oct 2, 2007
  8. Jono wrote:
    > Anyone else get this and "tested"?

    No issues with sound quality, I don't use their voicemail service so
    wouldn't notice anything untoward there.

    The only awry thing is that at 17:16 today, one of my SIP accounts tried
    to re-register, and only succeeded at 17:26 (apparently 120 retries later).

    Thomas Kenyon, Oct 2, 2007
  9. Jono

    cybuerke Guest

    "Roger" <> wrote in message

    >> Made the changes to my PAP2T - hove yet to notice anything untoward
    >>
    >> Mick
    >>
    >> --
    >>

    > is your voicemail working? Mine isnt.

    Nope. 'Voicemail configuration not found' in beta.voip but works OK in
    proxy.voip

    cybuerke, Oct 3, 2007
  10. Jono

    Michael Guest

    Roger wrote:

    > > Made the changes to my PAP2T - hove yet to notice anything untoward
    > >
    > > Mick
    > >
    > > --

    > is your voicemail working? Mine isnt.

    You're right - voicemail is not cutting in if phone goes unanswered.

    We also had an incoming call disconnected after 3 mins without warning

    Mick

    Michael, Oct 3, 2007
  11. Jono

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Tue, 2 Oct 2007, Thomas Kenyon writes
    >Jono wrote:
    >> Anyone else get this and "tested"?

    >No issues with sound quality, I don't use their voicemail service so
    >wouldn't notice anything untoward there.
    >
    >The only awry thing is that at 17:16 today, one of my SIP accounts tried
    >to re-register, and only succeeded at 17:26 (apparently 120 retries later).

    I trust that you are all also reporting these things to voip.co.uk

    DF

    David Floyd, Oct 3, 2007
  12. Jono

    Roger Guest

    "Michael" <> wrote in message
    > Roger wrote:
    >

    >> > Made the changes to my PAP2T - hove yet to notice anything untoward
    >> >
    >> > Mick
    >> >
    >> > --

    >> is your voicemail working? Mine isnt.

    > You're right - voicemail is not cutting in if phone goes unanswered.
    >
    > We also had an incoming call disconnected after 3 mins without warning
    >
    > Mick
    >
    > --

    voicemail isnt cutting in and you cant dial 121 - only works by dialling the
    0845 number. I've reported it to the beta team.

    Roger, Oct 3, 2007
  13. Jono

    Michael Guest

    Roger wrote:

    > "Michael" <> wrote in message

    > untoward

    > > > is your voicemail working? Mine isnt.

    > > You're right - voicemail is not cutting in if phone goes
    > > unanswered.
    > >
    > > We also had an incoming call disconnected after 3 mins without
    > > warning
    > >
    > > Mick
    > >
    > > --

    > voicemail isnt cutting in and you cant dial 121 - only works by
    > dialling the 0845 number. I've reported it to the beta team.

    121 works - sort of -in that I can get through but I'm asked for my
    mailbox number (has never been asked before) and when given, says it
    cannot find it!

    reported to beat team too

    Michael, Oct 3, 2007
  14. Jono

    Michael Guest

    Michael wrote:

    > Roger wrote:
    >

    > > "Michael" <> wrote in message

    > > untoward

    > > > You're right - voicemail is not cutting in if phone goes
    > > > unanswered.
    > > >
    > > > We also had an incoming call disconnected after 3 mins without
    > > > warning
    > > >
    > > > Mick
    > > >
    > > > --

    > > voicemail isnt cutting in and you cant dial 121 - only works by
    > > dialling the 0845 number. I've reported it to the beta team.

    > 121 works - sort of -in that I can get through but I'm asked for my
    > mailbox number (has never been asked before) and when given, says it
    > cannot find it!
    >
    > reported to beat team too

    same from the 0845 number too

    Michael, Oct 3, 2007
  15. Jono

    Roger Guest

    "Michael" <> wrote in message
    > Michael wrote:
    >
    >> Roger wrote:
    >>

    >> > "Michael" <> wrote in message

    >> > untoward

    >> > voicemail isnt cutting in and you cant dial 121 - only works by
    >> > dialling the 0845 number. I've reported it to the beta team.

    >> 121 works - sort of -in that I can get through but I'm asked for my
    >> mailbox number (has never been asked before) and when given, says it
    >> cannot find it!
    >>
    >> reported to beat team too

    > same from the 0845 number too
    >
    > --

    hmm when I tested yesterday 121 gave as you said - "cant find this mailbox"
    but 0845 gave me my mailbox ok. Still not diverting calls to voicemail this
    morning - given that the beta was for improved voicemail its strange that
    the bit that doesnt work is the voicemail itself :)

    Roger, Oct 3, 2007
  16. Jono

    Michael Guest

    Roger wrote:

    > "Michael" <> wrote in message
    > > Michael wrote:

    > > > 121 works - sort of -in that I can get through but I'm asked for
    > > > my mailbox number (has never been asked before) and when given,
    > > > says it cannot find it!
    > > >
    > > > reported to beat team too

    > > same from the 0845 number too
    > >
    > > --

    > hmm when I tested yesterday 121 gave as you said - "cant find this
    > mailbox" but 0845 gave me my mailbox ok. Still not diverting calls to
    > voicemail this morning - given that the beta was for improved
    > voicemail its strange that the bit that doesnt work is the voicemail
    > itself :)

    I can now get into my voicemail account ok - it was the DTMF settings
    on my PAP2T that needed changing from INFO to Auto - but - incoming
    calls still don't get diverted to my mailbox if the call is unanswered.

    Mick

    Michael, Oct 3, 2007
  17. Jono

    Michael Guest

    David Floyd wrote:

    > In message of Tue, 2 Oct 2007, Thomas Kenyon writes
    > > Jono wrote:
    > > > Anyone else get this and "tested"?

    > > No issues with sound quality, I don't use their voicemail service so
    > > wouldn't notice anything untoward there.
    > >
    > > The only awry thing is that at 17:16 today, one of my SIP accounts
    > > tried to re-register, and only succeeded at 17:26 (apparently 120
    > > retries later).

    > I trust that you are all also reporting these things to voip.co.uk
    >
    > DF

    yes

    Michael, Oct 3, 2007
  18. Jono

    Herman Guest

    "Michael" <> wrote in message
    > Roger wrote:
    >

    >> "Michael" <> wrote in message

    >> > same from the 0845 number too
    >> >
    >> > --

    >> hmm when I tested yesterday 121 gave as you said - "cant find this
    >> mailbox" but 0845 gave me my mailbox ok. Still not diverting calls to
    >> voicemail this morning - given that the beta was for improved
    >> voicemail its strange that the bit that doesnt work is the voicemail
    >> itself :)

    > I can now get into my voicemail account ok - it was the DTMF settings
    > on my PAP2T that needed changing from INFO to Auto - but - incoming
    > calls still don't get diverted to my mailbox if the call is unanswered.
    >
    > Mick

    I frequently have the non-divert to voicemail on their production servers

    Herman, Oct 3, 2007
  19. Jono

    Michael Guest

    Michael wrote:

    > Roger wrote:
    >

    > > "Michael" <> wrote in message

    > > > same from the 0845 number too
    > > >
    > > > --

    > > hmm when I tested yesterday 121 gave as you said - "cant find this
    > > mailbox" but 0845 gave me my mailbox ok. Still not diverting calls
    > > to voicemail this morning - given that the beta was for improved
    > > voicemail its strange that the bit that doesnt work is the voicemail
    > > itself :)

    > I can now get into my voicemail account ok - it was the DTMF settings
    > on my PAP2T that needed changing from INFO to Auto - but - incoming
    > calls still don't get diverted to my mailbox if the call is
    > unanswered.
    >
    > Mick

    As of about 0100hrs this morning and now at 1520hrs- both numbers for
    voicemail are 'unobtainable'

    Mick

    Michael, Oct 4, 2007
  20. Jono

    Roger Guest

    "Michael" <> wrote in message
    > Michael wrote:
    >
    >> Roger wrote:
    >>

    >> > "Michael" <> wrote in message

    >> > hmm when I tested yesterday 121 gave as you said - "cant find this
    >> > mailbox" but 0845 gave me my mailbox ok. Still not diverting calls
    >> > to voicemail this morning - given that the beta was for improved
    >> > voicemail its strange that the bit that doesnt work is the voicemail
    >> > itself :)

    >> I can now get into my voicemail account ok - it was the DTMF settings
    >> on my PAP2T that needed changing from INFO to Auto - but - incoming
    >> calls still don't get diverted to my mailbox if the call is
    >> unanswered.
    >>
    >> Mick

    > As of about 0100hrs this morning and now at 1520hrs- both numbers for
    > voicemail are 'unobtainable'
    >
    > Mick
    >
    > --

    divert is working fine for me now and I can dial both numbers ok but I cant
    access my mailbox from 121 still - Chris is testing with a sipura at their
    end to find out what the problem is.

    Roger, Oct 4, 2007