    my x86 machine when I do this it opens my Outlook 2003 MAPI client. Any
    solution?

    RBB
    R Bartley, Feb 20, 2006

  2. Hi,

    Outlook express is the 64 bit mail program (outlook is only 32bit)
    so it is trying to get you set up oe to send and recieve mail.

    Ken

    Ken Tucker [MVP], Feb 20, 2006

  3. See http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64/archive/2005/06/19/54064.aspx

    If you use the 32 bit Explorer from the "%windir%\syswow64 directory Send
    To: Mail Recipient will open Outlook.

    The alternative, as I'm sure you know, is to start with Outlook and attach
    the file. Neither method is as convenient as using the standard 64 bit
    Explorer, but 64 bit programs can't call 32 bit dlls.

    Dominic Payer, Feb 21, 2006