    Thnx
    Alex

    http://www.clickonlingerie.com?SIG - Exotic Erotic Lingerie
    MS, Oct 25, 2003

  2. MS

    Trent C Guest

    > I have a domain name www.mydomain.com and with this I get email forwarding
    > so that emails sent to get sent to my email address
    > .
    >
    > This works But I am wondering if I can use the email
    > address to send emails.
    >
    > If so how do I set this up.
    >
    > I am using outlook express 6

    Yes you can: click on Tools - Accounts and double click on your email
    account. Enter in the 'from' and 'reply to' fields.
    Trent C, Oct 25, 2003

  3. MS

    Ralph Mann Guest

    MS said:

    > I have a domain name www.mydomain.com and with this I get email forwarding
    > so that emails sent to get sent to my email address
    > .
    >
    > This works But I am wondering if I can use the email
    > address to send emails.
    >
    > If so how do I set this up.
    >
    > I am using outlook express 6
    >
    > Thnx
    > Alex

    Set it up the same way as your normal account, except using admin@mydomain in
    the "Email address" and "Reply address" fields.
    Ralph Mann, Oct 25, 2003
  4. MS

    MS Guest

    I have done this.

    It looks ok from the send point of view. But the received mail has a "from
    field" of and not .

    thanks for your help so far.

    Alex

    MS, Oct 25, 2003
  5. MS

    Stevo Guest

    MS wrote:
    > I have done this.
    >
    > It looks ok from the send point of view. But the received mail has a
    > "from field" of and not .
    >
    > thanks for your help so far.
    >
    > Alex
    >

    > "Trent C" <> wrote in message
    >>> I have a domain name www.mydomain.com and with this I get email
    >>> forwarding so that emails sent to get sent to my
    >>> email address .
    >>>
    >>> This works But I am wondering if I can use the
    >>> email address to send emails.
    >>>
    >>> If so how do I set this up.
    >>>
    >>> I am using outlook express 6

    >> Yes you can: click on Tools - Accounts and double click on your email
    >> account. Enter in the 'from' and 'reply to'
    >> fields.

    When you send an email, you need to select the required account to use in
    the 'From' field in the email itself, if it is other than the default
    account you have set.

    --
    Stevo
    (pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)
    Stevo, Oct 25, 2003
  6. MS

    MS Guest

    I did use the account that now displays as but the
    received email said from .

    Alex

    MS, Oct 25, 2003
  7. MS

    Stevo Guest

    MS wrote:
    > I did use the account that now displays as but the
    > received email said from .
    >
    > Alex
    >

    > "Stevo" <> wrote in message
    >> MS wrote:
    >>> I have done this.
    >>>
    >>> It looks ok from the send point of view. But the received mail has
    >>> a "from field" of and not
    >>> .
    >>>
    >>> thanks for your help so far.
    >>>
    >>> Alex
    >>>

    >>> "Trent C" <> wrote in message

    >> When you send an email, you need to select the required account to
    >> use in the 'From' field in the email itself, if it is other than the
    >> default account you have set.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Stevo
    >> (pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)

    What happens if you set the as the default email account?

    Stevo, Oct 25, 2003
  8. MS

    MS Guest

    Having set as the default email account I still receive
    the mail from .

    MS, Oct 25, 2003
  9. MS

    Stevo Guest

    MS wrote:
    > Having set as the default email account I still
    > receive the mail from .
    >

    >> What happens if you set the as the default email
    >> account?

    I find that very strange.. I use mail accounts on several servers and don't
    have that sort of trouble.

    It is particularly odd, that having set one account as the default, emails
    sent out seem to carry a different account.

    Although you are probably sick of doing it, check each of the mail accounts
    again, double check that the E-Mail and Reply address fields are set exactly
    as you want them. Close OE and reopen it, then check those settings again..
    and that the right email account is set to default.

    You could try doing a repair, Control Panel | Add Remove Programs - Internet
    Explorer .. you will get an option to do a repair.

    I haven't checked if there is anything specific to your problem here, but it
    might be worth a look..

    http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/

    Stevo, Oct 25, 2003
  10. MS

    Stevo Guest

    MS wrote:
    > Having set as the default email account I still
    > receive the mail from .
    >

    >> What happens if you set the as the default email
    >> account?

    With regard to your forwarding.. how and where are you setting that?

    Stevo, Oct 25, 2003
  11. MS

    MS Guest

    Hi Stevo

    good point.

    I tried the same thing with which I control instead of
    which I don't have control of the forwarding options.

    With this I could get it to work.

    I will have to be in touch with my host for to see how
    they have set email forwarding up.

    Thnx for your help.

    Alex

    MS, Oct 26, 2003