Email Crash - lost 24 hr of emails

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bluesky, Aug 23, 2005.

  1. Bluesky

    Bluesky Guest

    I was collecting emails this morning when the
    puter crashed , upon restart everything fine except
    only 5 emails available

    It seems the system crashed just as it stopped collecting
    and it has been set to think it has the emails , but it dont !

    Settings are to keep emails on server for 5 days before erasing

    Any idea how i can get *this* computer to collect them again

    I COULD get them from another puter I am sure but I need them
    on this system

    Any Ideas how i can make outlook express (6 ) collect them again

    --
    Cheers
    Paul [Bluesky Marketing]
    Bluesky, Aug 23, 2005

  2. Bluesky

    trout Guest

    Bluesky wrote:

    > I was collecting emails this morning when the
    > puter crashed , upon restart everything fine except
    > only 5 emails available
    >
    > It seems the system crashed just as it stopped collecting
    > and it has been set to think it has the emails , but it dont !
    >
    > Settings are to keep emails on server for 5 days before erasing
    >
    > Any idea how i can get *this* computer to collect them again
    >
    > I COULD get them from another puter I am sure but I need them
    > on this system
    >
    > Any Ideas how i can make outlook express (6 ) collect them again

    Move mail you want to keep to a different folder (create one, if
    need be).Close OE and navigate in Explorer to your OE message files (if
    you're not sure where, go to Tools; Options; Maintenance tab; Message
    Store. Delete the inbox.dbx, (or rename it to something like
    inboxold.dbx).
    When you reopen OE, a new, empty, inbox will be created, and you
    should be able to download any mail that's on the server.
    --
    Alternatively, download on another machine and forward to yourself.
    trout, Aug 23, 2005

  3. "Bluesky" <> wrote in message
    >I was collecting emails this morning when the
    > puter crashed , upon restart everything fine except
    > only 5 emails available
    >
    > It seems the system crashed just as it stopped collecting
    > and it has been set to think it has the emails , but it dont !
    >
    > Settings are to keep emails on server for 5 days before erasing
    >
    > Any idea how i can get *this* computer to collect them again
    >
    > I COULD get them from another puter I am sure but I need them
    > on this system
    >
    > Any Ideas how i can make outlook express (6 ) collect them again
    >
    > --
    > Cheers
    > Paul [Bluesky Marketing]
    > Never Be A Cloud In Anyones Life
    > http://www.blueskymarketing.co.uk Home :)
    > http://www.laserpointers.co.uk
    > http://www.infiniter.co.uk
    > http://www.noddingtoys.co.uk

    Close out of OE.
    Look for the pop3uidl.dbx and rename it to pop3uidl.old
    This file stores what messages OE has downloaded and what it hasn't. It
    should download the messages again, granting that OE didn't delete them off
    from the server yet.

    --
    Rob
    http://www.techhowto.org