Email Connectivity Issue

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?RGFu?=, Jul 20, 2005.

  1. When I sign into XP Professional I receive my emails just fine. After 10 to
    15 minutes I can no longer replicate and receive new emai as I get an error
    response. I am using a Linksys wrt 54 wireless router and have Norton
    Internet Security enabled. The only way I have figured out a way to fix the
    problem is to reboot.

    Can anyone offer any advise to fix this problem?? Many thanks!
    Dan
    =?Utf-8?B?RGFu?=, Jul 20, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RGFu?=

    Andrew C Guest

    i'm not sure if this will work, but in NIS disable email scanning and then
    try again. (you are using outlook express right??)


    "Dan" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > When I sign into XP Professional I receive my emails just fine. After 10
    > to
    > 15 minutes I can no longer replicate and receive new emai as I get an
    > error
    > response. I am using a Linksys wrt 54 wireless router and have Norton
    > Internet Security enabled. The only way I have figured out a way to fix
    > the
    > problem is to reboot.
    >
    > Can anyone offer any advise to fix this problem?? Many thanks!
    > Dan
    Andrew C, Jul 21, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Andrew:

    I am using xp Pro, outlook. Not express. Don't mean to sound stupid but
    I'm not familiar with what your reference to NIS is? Thanks for your help.
    --
    Dan


    "Andrew C" wrote:

    > i'm not sure if this will work, but in NIS disable email scanning and then
    > try again. (you are using outlook express right??)
    >
    >
    > "Dan" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    > > When I sign into XP Professional I receive my emails just fine. After 10
    > > to
    > > 15 minutes I can no longer replicate and receive new emai as I get an
    > > error
    > > response. I am using a Linksys wrt 54 wireless router and have Norton
    > > Internet Security enabled. The only way I have figured out a way to fix
    > > the
    > > problem is to reboot.
    > >
    > > Can anyone offer any advise to fix this problem?? Many thanks!
    > > Dan

    >
    >
    >
    =?Utf-8?B?RGFu?=, Jul 21, 2005
    #3
  4. =?Utf-8?B?RGFu?=

    Malke Guest

    Dan wrote:

    > Andrew:
    >
    > I am using xp Pro, outlook. Not express. Don't mean to sound stupid
    > but
    > I'm not familiar with what your reference to NIS is? Thanks for your
    > help.


    NIS = Norton Internet Security

    Turn off the email scanning in the antivirus options.

    Also check to make sure any power management of the wireless adapter on
    the computer is disabled. Do this from the device's Properties in
    Device Manager. If there is a Power Management tab, click on it and
    uncheck "Allow Windows to turn off this device when not in use".

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com
    "Don't Panic"
    Malke, Jul 21, 2005
    #4
  5. =?Utf-8?B?RGFu?=

    Andrew C Guest

    Norton Internet Security
    "Dan" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Andrew:
    >
    > I am using xp Pro, outlook. Not express. Don't mean to sound stupid but
    > I'm not familiar with what your reference to NIS is? Thanks for your
    > help.
    > --
    > Dan
    >
    >
    > "Andrew C" wrote:
    >
    >> i'm not sure if this will work, but in NIS disable email scanning and
    >> then
    >> try again. (you are using outlook express right??)
    >>
    >>
    >> "Dan" <> wrote in message
    >> news:...
    >> > When I sign into XP Professional I receive my emails just fine. After
    >> > 10
    >> > to
    >> > 15 minutes I can no longer replicate and receive new emai as I get an
    >> > error
    >> > response. I am using a Linksys wrt 54 wireless router and have Norton
    >> > Internet Security enabled. The only way I have figured out a way to
    >> > fix
    >> > the
    >> > problem is to reboot.
    >> >
    >> > Can anyone offer any advise to fix this problem?? Many thanks!
    >> > Dan

    >>
    >>
    >>
    Andrew C, Jul 21, 2005
    #5
  6. Thank you, Andrew for your suggestion. Disabling the email scanning did not
    correct my problem although that was one of NIS' suggested fixes in their
    help site as well. I finally deinstalled NIS 2005 and then reinstalled.

    This finally fixed the problem. UGH!!
    --
    Dan


    "Andrew C" wrote:

    > i'm not sure if this will work, but in NIS disable email scanning and then
    > try again. (you are using outlook express right??)
    >
    >
    > "Dan" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    > > When I sign into XP Professional I receive my emails just fine. After 10
    > > to
    > > 15 minutes I can no longer replicate and receive new emai as I get an
    > > error
    > > response. I am using a Linksys wrt 54 wireless router and have Norton
    > > Internet Security enabled. The only way I have figured out a way to fix
    > > the
    > > problem is to reboot.
    > >
    > > Can anyone offer any advise to fix this problem?? Many thanks!
    > > Dan

    >
    >
    >
    =?Utf-8?B?RGFu?=, Jul 22, 2005
    #6
  7. Malke:

    Thank you for your suggestions. See my response to Andrew for update. Many
    thanks!
    --
    Dan


    "Malke" wrote:

    > Dan wrote:
    >
    > > Andrew:
    > >
    > > I am using xp Pro, outlook. Not express. Don't mean to sound stupid
    > > but
    > > I'm not familiar with what your reference to NIS is? Thanks for your
    > > help.

    >
    > NIS = Norton Internet Security
    >
    > Turn off the email scanning in the antivirus options.
    >
    > Also check to make sure any power management of the wireless adapter on
    > the computer is disabled. Do this from the device's Properties in
    > Device Manager. If there is a Power Management tab, click on it and
    > uncheck "Allow Windows to turn off this device when not in use".
    >
    > Malke
    > --
    > MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
    > Elephant Boy Computers
    > www.elephantboycomputers.com
    > "Don't Panic"
    >
    =?Utf-8?B?RGFu?=, Jul 22, 2005
    #7
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Rez
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    660
  2. Conall O'Brien

    Wireless Network Connectivity Issue

    Conall O'Brien, Aug 25, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    1,692
    Hard D'isk
    Aug 25, 2004
  3. 01dec06

    Router Connectivity Issue

    01dec06, Aug 9, 2006, in forum: Hardware
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    691
    01dec06
    Aug 9, 2006
  4. Scott

    Connectivity Issue

    Scott, Oct 29, 2006, in forum: Wireless Networking
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    364
    Scott
    Oct 29, 2006
  5. Riotact

    Re: 2960 connectivity issue

    Riotact, Jul 27, 2008, in forum: Cisco
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    787
    bobby84
    Jul 28, 2008
Loading...

Share This Page