    friends just read an article that said that Bcc was better than To and Cc
    because it didn't send every ones address with the email, any thoughts.

    Matthew
    Matthew, Nov 20, 2003

  2. Matthew

    ilmc Guest

    Matthew typed:
    > Giday all Just wondering which method people use to forward email to
    > friends just read an article that said that Bcc was better than To
    > and Cc because it didn't send every ones address with the email, any
    > thoughts.
    >
    > Matthew

    If they are your _friends_, why do you want to hide them from each other?
    Any email not addressed to me is placed in my spam folder, and I may take
    the time to look at it before I LART it
    ilmc, Nov 20, 2003

  3. Matthew

    Matthew Guest

    Heres the article

    http://www.message.uk.com/articles/cc.php

    Matthew <> wrote in

    Matthew, Nov 20, 2003
  4. Matthew

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 21:14:12 -0000, "ilmc" <>
    scribbled:

    >Matthew typed:
    >> Giday all Just wondering which method people use to forward email to
    >> friends just read an article that said that Bcc was better than To
    >> and Cc because it didn't send every ones address with the email, any
    >> thoughts.
    >>
    >> Matthew

    >If they are your _friends_, why do you want to hide them from each other?

    Do you often give the phone numbers of everyone you know
    to everyone else you know?

    >Any email not addressed to me is placed in my spam folder, and I may take
    >the time to look at it before I LART it

    You really should actually LOOK at it before sending frivolous
    abuse complaints...

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett
    -= Hawk =-, Nov 20, 2003
  5. Matthew

    Matthew Guest

    Because as it says in the article each time it gets fowarded so does the
    email adresses thats a possible sourse of spam or is it what do you
    think Matthew

    Matthew, Nov 20, 2003
  6. Matthew

    ImhoTech Guest

    "Matthew" <> wrote in message
    > Giday all Just wondering which method people use to forward email to
    > friends just read an article that said that Bcc was better than To and Cc
    > because it didn't send every ones address with the email, any thoughts.
    >
    > Matthew

    You sending to one friend? or twenty friends? Why are you forwarding mail at
    all? Best thing is next time you feel like forwarding something to your
    whole address book, step away from computer and go have a little nap, or
    have a smoke or a beer, anything, come back when the feeling passes.

    If you must send to multiple recipients, bcc may help prevent malware from
    harvesting a few email addresses, in most cases it won't matter much.

    Also, when you get those repeatedly forwarded e-mails, you know the ones
    with dozens of email addresses, if you must forward, cut out the section
    with the old email addresses.
    ImhoTech, Nov 20, 2003
  7. Matthew

    ilmc Guest

    -= Hawk =- typed:
    > On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 21:14:12 -0000, "ilmc" <>
    > scribbled:

    >> Matthew typed:
    >>> Giday all Just wondering which method people use to forward email to
    >>> friends just read an article that said that Bcc was better than To
    >>> and Cc because it didn't send every ones address with the email, any
    >>> thoughts.
    >>>
    >>> Matthew

    >> If they are your _friends_, why do you want to hide them from each
    >> other?

    > Do you often give the phone numbers of everyone you know
    > to everyone else you know?
    >
    >> Any email not addressed to me is placed in my spam folder, and I may
    >> take the time to look at it before I LART it

    > You really should actually LOOK at it before sending frivolous
    > abuse complaints...

    Yep. But these days, with soo many spams, either I or my 'bot' "JHD". I
    LART what's left.

    IIRC, there are email services which will take a message and a list of
    recipients, and send "personalised" emails to each on the list.
    So many of my spams at the begining of the year didn't have me in the "To:"
    or "Cc:" fields that I used this as a good spam filter.
    YMMV
    ilmc, Nov 20, 2003
  8. Matthew

    Matthew Guest

    "ImhoTech" <> wrote in

    > "Matthew" <> wrote in message
    >> Giday all Just wondering which method people use to forward email to
    >> friends just read an article that said that Bcc was better than To
    >> and Cc because it didn't send every ones address with the email, any
    >> thoughts.
    >>
    >> Matthew

    > You sending to one friend? or twenty friends? Why are you forwarding
    > mail at all? Best thing is next time you feel like forwarding
    > something to your whole address book, step away from computer and go
    > have a little nap, or have a smoke or a beer, anything, come back when
    > the feeling passes.

    I only foward messages that I find funny and I think my friends will

    > If you must send to multiple recipients, bcc may help prevent malware
    > from harvesting a few email addresses, in most cases it won't matter
    > much.

    So Bcc is the go is it thanks

    > Also, when you get those repeatedly forwarded e-mails, you know the
    > ones with dozens of email addresses, if you must forward, cut out the
    > section with the old email addresses.

    I do
    Thanks Matthew

    Matthew, Nov 20, 2003
  9. Matthew

    L Beck Guest

    I use BCC a lot. Depends on who all the email is going to. I then place my
    own email address in the TO because that avoids the "Undisclosed Recipients"
    tag. And some servers won't deliver mail that has no TO on it.

    L Beck, Nov 20, 2003