    Thanks for any suggestions.
    joled

    , Mar 27, 2007

  2. Mike Easter Guest

    wrote:

    > We send out email campaigns to our customers that request email from
    > us notifying them specials/sales/...

    Many email campaigners have a different idea of the concept that a
    customer wants their mail than the customer has.

    Many so-called customers have provided their name to one company for one
    purpose, and some other company assumes that that address must also want
    the other different mail because they have requested something from
    someone else at some other time.

    > We are a ligitimate company and
    > these emails are only sent to customers that request these emails.

    Somehow I suspect that you have an improperly created and managed
    mailing list. There should be no address on that list who hasn't
    specifically and revocably requested exactly the mailing item which you
    are sending, and who has not confirmed with an opt-in which is not a
    campaign mailing that they wish the mailings. Do not believe that your
    mailing list can be 'repaired' by people opting out or unsubbing to your
    campaign after you send it.

    > customer has a Vista system and is using Microsoft Mail to read is
    > emails messages. He reports that email he gets from us is blocked by
    > the mail reader and he receives the following message "Windows Mail
    > thinks this email is suspicious and has blocked it" and has the option
    > to rad the mail anyway.

    Who knows what filtering mechanism Vista's new Mail is using. Who
    cares?

    > My questions are
    > - why does our email get flagged as phishing email?
    > - is there a list that we are on for some reason the lists us as a
    > phishers that MS Mail consults before opening an email?
    > - if so does anyone know how to contact the keeper ofthe list to
    > inquire as to how we got on it and how to get off of it?

    If I were looking at an example of your mail as received by a customer,
    maybe I would have an opinon of what is wrong with it.

    You could post one into the newsgoup news.admin.net-abuse.sightings and
    give its message id.

    The 'one' means one which you have mailed to yourself, then you open it
    up with Outlook Express and use the function control-F3 to display the
    complete headers and unrendered message body. That raw email is what
    you would post into sightings, because this newsgroup is not really a
    good place to do that.

    Then we would be able to see what the characteristics of the headers and
    body are for considering the item to be 'spammish'.

    You are the one who used the word 'phishing' -- whereas the alert just
    said 'suspicious'

    There is a definite difference between phishing and suspicious.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Mar 27, 2007

  3. Mike Easter Guest

    wrote:

    > We send out email campaigns to our customers that request email from
    > us notifying them specials/sales/...

    > He reports that email he gets from us is blocked by
    > the mail reader and he receives the following message

    > Thanks for any suggestions.

    Vista's MS Mail is based on the traditions of OE Outlook Express, which
    doesn't consult any blocklists.

    OE and other mailuser agents can whitelist any mailing list sender it
    wants to. If your customers who want your mailing list want to
    whitelist your item/s, there shouldn't be any trouble doing that.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Mar 27, 2007
  4. Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-03-27, <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    > We send out email campaigns to our customers that request email from
    > us notifying them specials/sales/... We are a ligitimate company and
    > these emails are only sent to customers that request these emails. A
    > customer has a Vista system and is using Microsoft Mail to read is
    > emails messages. He reports that email he gets from us is blocked by
    > the mail reader and he receives the following message "Windows Mail
    > thinks this email is suspicious and has blocked it" and has the option
    > to rad the mail anyway.
    >
    > My questions are
    > - why does our email get flagged as phishing email?

    "Suspicious" doesn't mean "phishing".

    > - is there a list that we are on for some reason the lists us as a
    > phishers that MS Mail consults before opening an email?
    > - if so does anyone know how to contact the keeper ofthe list to
    > inquire as to how we got on it and how to get off of it?
    >
    > Thanks for any suggestions.
    > joled

    Your customer may have some form of anti-spam filter in place, either on
    his computer or on the server operated by his email service, which is
    detecting something "suspicious" in the characteristics of the emails you
    are sending that customer. Using HTML would be enough to do that.

    Ask your customer to put your From address and/or Subject into his "white
    list" or "by-pass the filters" list.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Mar 27, 2007
  5. Guest

    Yes suspicious != phishing. I used phishing because right under the
    message is a link for "phishing
    information". And yes the person only gets email they request to
    receive. I am not sure what anti-spam
    email filtering sw this person has but I'm sure he has something
    enabled. I will let him know about allowing
    our email through but I still wonder why this particular user is
    running into this issue if he has not done
    anything to specifically block us. This is the first of our customers
    that I have heard of that actually uses
    Windows Mail so I am not sure if it happens for others also.

    Thanks for you input.
    Joled

    On Mar 27, 2:10 pm, Whiskers <> wrote:
    > On 2007-03-27, <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hello,
    > > We send out email campaigns to our customers that request email from
    > > us notifying them specials/sales/... We are a ligitimate company and
    > > these emails are only sent to customers that request these emails. A
    > > customer has a Vista system and is using Microsoft Mail to read is
    > > emails messages. He reports that email he gets from us is blocked by
    > > the mail reader and he receives the following message "Windows Mail
    > > thinks this email is suspicious and has blocked it" and has the option
    > > to rad the mail anyway.

    > > My questions are
    > > - why does our email get flagged as phishing email?

    > "Suspicious" doesn't mean "phishing".
    >
    > > - is there a list that we are on for some reason the lists us as a
    > > phishers that MS Mail consults before opening an email?
    > > - if so does anyone know how to contact the keeper ofthe list to
    > > inquire as to how we got on it and how to get off of it?

    > > Thanks for any suggestions.
    > > joled

    > Your customer may have some form of anti-spam filter in place, either on
    > his computer or on the server operated by his email service, which is
    > detecting something "suspicious" in the characteristics of the emails you
    > are sending that customer. Using HTML would be enough to do that.
    >
    > Ask your customer to put your From address and/or Subject into his "white
    > list" or "by-pass the filters" list.
    >
    > --
    > -- Whiskers

    , Mar 27, 2007