    some advice on how to get around this?
    My operating system is Windows XP Prof. SP2. IE 6, using Outlook Express 6.
    Norton Anti Virus 2005.
    yakis, May 26, 2006

  2. yakis

    Gordon Guest

    "yakis" <> wrote in message
    news:4476af5a$0$82130$...
    > Hi every one,
    > I have some emails with big files attached to them. I have saved the
    > files but do not know how to delete the attachments because I do not want
    > to delete the mails. I have not much space on my drive.Can some body give
    > me some advice on how to get around this?
    > My operating system is Windows XP Prof. SP2. IE 6, using Outlook Express
    > 6. Norton Anti Virus 2005.

    Open the email, right-click on the attachment. Do you get an option to
    delete? (Or remove?)
    Gordon, May 26, 2006

  3. yakis

    yakis Guest

    Thanks Gordon for replying.
    I opened the mail, I right clicked on one of the file attachment, there are
    lots of choices on the context menu except the "Delete or Remove" are faded
    out, could not click on them.
    Any other suggestion please?

    yakis, May 26, 2006
  4. yakis

    Vanguard Guest

    "yakis" <> wrote in message

    > I opened the mail, I right clicked on one of the file attachment,
    > there are lots of choices on the context menu except the "Delete or
    > Remove" are faded out, could not click on them.
    >
    > "Gordon" wrote ...
    >>
    >> "yakis" wrote ...
    >>>
    >>> I have some emails with big files attached to them. I have saved
    >>> the files but do not know how to delete the attachments because I do
    >>> not want to delete the mails.

    >> Open the email, right-click on the attachment. Do you get an option
    >> to delete? (Or remove?)

    You need to actually OPEN the e-mail rather than just preview it. You
    cannot edit an item in preview mode. Double-click the item to *open* it
    (to show in its own window). Then remove the attachment.

    Post replies to the newsgroup. Share with others.
    Vanguard, May 26, 2006
  5. yakis

    yakis Guest

    Dear all,
    Thanks for your help.
    I solved the problem already by dragging the email to my desktop and opened
    it with Notepad. I later deleted the attachment tags and saved it, dragged
    it back to my Inbox, original messege still intact, that's it.
    Cheers,
    yakis

    yakis, May 26, 2006