    with a file attached the recipient isn't able to open it.

    thanks
    tim
    t&k, Nov 10, 2005

  2. t&k

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    t&k spewed forth:
    > I'm using windows me with outlook express 6.0 when I try to send a
    > email with a file attached the recipient isn't able to open it.
    >
    > thanks
    > tim

    That is more likely the receivers problem, don't you think?

    Have you tried this with more than one person? If so, do they ALL have the
    problem, or is it limited to certain people?

    If it is only certain people, they probably need to configure their email
    program to show attachments.

    like an idiot.
    Toolman Tim, Nov 10, 2005

  3. t&k

    Dave Lear Guest

    "t&k" wrote in message news:

    > I'm using windows me with outlook express 6.0 when I try to send a
    > email with a file attached the recipient isn't able to open it.

    What type of attachment?
    What email client is the recipient using?
    Does the recipient get any message(s) when they try to open the message or
    the attachment?
    Dave Lear, Nov 10, 2005
  4. t&k

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2005-11-10, t&k <> wrote:
    > I'm using windows me with outlook express 6.0 when I try to send a email
    > with a file attached the recipient isn't able to open it.
    >
    > thanks
    > tim

    Does the recipient have a program that can read the attachment? Have they
    configured their e-mail client to use that program?

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Nov 11, 2005
  5. t&k

    Plato Guest

    t&k wrote:

    > I'm using windows me with outlook express 6.0 when I try to send a email
    > with a file attached the recipient isn't able to open it.

    The recipient has to have the same program you used to create the
    attachment, more or less. In other works, if you created an attachment
    in Excel and sent an .xls attachment then the receiver needs Excel to
    open the attachment.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Nov 11, 2005