    Outlook 2003 is my email client

    Thanks

    Clive

    Clive, Feb 28, 2006

  2. Clive wrote:
    > is there anyway looking at the email header
    > that would tell me that when they replied they added anyone into the Bcc
    > field?

    The part of "blind carbon copy" didn't you understand?

    Sebastian Gottschalk, Feb 28, 2006

  3. Clive

    Todd H. Guest

    "Clive" <> writes:

    > I sent an email to a colleague at work and put in the subject line 'Private
    > & Confidential'.
    >
    > I got a reply from this person - is there anyway looking at the email header
    > that would tell me that when they replied they added anyone into the Bcc
    > field?

    Nope. Not unless you have access to the logs of the sender's mail
    server.

    Unless you correspond with a person using public key cryptography and
    ever message he sends you is signed with your public key, there isn't
    much assurance. And even then, if he wanted to share it with others,
    he could by showing them his screen, manually forwarding things
    copy/pasted into separate emails, etc.

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/

    Todd H., Feb 28, 2006
  4. Clive

    Neon Knight Guest

    "Clive" <> wrote in

    > I got a reply from this person - is there anyway looking at the
    > email header that would tell me that when they replied they added
    > anyone into the Bcc field?

    Now that would defeat the whole purpose of BCC, wouldn't it?

    Neon Knight, Feb 28, 2006
  5. Clive

    Jason Guest

    * Sebastian Gottschalk <>:
    > Clive wrote:
    >> is there anyway looking at the email header
    >> that would tell me that when they replied they added anyone into the Bcc
    >> field?

    > The part of "blind carbon copy" didn't you understand?

    I think they have trouble with the blind part.

    Jason

    Jason, Mar 1, 2006