Email addy mungeing

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by °Mike°, Jul 22, 2004.

  1. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    There's a simple solution ... munge your email
    address properly. Read and digest:

    Address Munging FAQ Spam-Blocking Your Email Address

    Address Munging FAQ Spam-Blocking Your Email Address
    http://www.faqs.org/faqs/net-abuse-faq/munging-address/

    Hide your email address
    http://www.ecofuture.org/jmnews.html#hide

    On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 22:48:58 GMT, in
    <uvXLc.529$>
    Budweiser scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jul 22, 2004

  2. °Mike°

    Brian Guest

    "Budweiser" <> wrote in message
    > Must have taken with a real retentive attitude to report or even bother

    with this

    Would you be upset if someone was posting in newsgroups using your email
    thus causing you to get insane amounts of spam mail?
    Brian, Jul 22, 2004

  3. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    What a stupid attitude.

    On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 23:08:06 GMT, in
    <qNXLc.157$>
    Budweiser scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jul 22, 2004
  4. Budweiser wrote:
    > Woke up this morning to a nice letter from NTL.
    > Ref Domain inpersonation etc --sent via the AUP (acceptable use
    > policy )department
    > What i thought was a throw-away fake address, to avoid the spam
    > spiders/robots--turns out to be someones domain!!

    Happens all of the time. Glad someone (NTL) is doing something about
    it. It's pretty obviously abuse of someone else's property.

    > Kinda wierd as i have used --first three letters of handle @glass vessel dot
    > com for years.
    > Must have taken with a real retentive attitude to report or even bother with
    > this----only site i can find shows a few pictures of plastic bottles
    > just be aware folks--ensure your "mungeing" does not infringe on someones
    > (hmm) registered domain.

    That's where the .invalid TLD is useful.

    > When a confessed or acknowleged coward [Craven] wants to play fowl
    > [Birds]----remember ther is always a falconer ready to take you down
    > budweiser

    Bet he's really scared, now.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    New Pieces of Shakespeare Manuscript Found Near Salt Lake City USA
    Sorry - penguins only: http://snipurl.com/scolius (at blinkynet)

    Budweiser, Jul 22, 2004
  6. °Mike°

    Budweiser Guest

    Budweiser, Jul 23, 2004
  7. °Mike°

    Budweiser Guest

    really do not care anymore--fill it up
    addy has always had inordanant amount of "spam" whats a few more?

    Budweiser, Jul 23, 2004
  8. °Mike°

    doS Guest

    You also have the name of a beer.........

    doS, Jul 23, 2004
  9. °Mike°, after spending 3 minutes figuring out which end of the pen to use,
    wrote:

    > What a stupid attitude.

    Translation: You didn't take my advice. I now consider you my enemy and I will
    show you what a **** I am and will bitch and cry and piss about you forever and
    ever. Nyah!
    Himalayan sushie, Jul 23, 2004