    Kong. Then how about ".al" "fi"...etc.

    Thanks guys

    Danny
    SINO INDUSTRIAL INT'L PTY LTD, Jan 17, 2005

  2. SINO INDUSTRIAL INT'L PTY LTD

    Damian Guest

    SINO INDUSTRIAL INT'L PTY LTD wrote:
    > What is the fast and accurate method to identify the country of the
    > email sender.
    >
    > for example if the last 2 letters are ".hk' I understand it comes
    > from Hong Kong. Then how about ".al" "fi"...etc.

    Albania and Finland. There's no .etc, but .et is Ethiopia.

    Damian, Jan 17, 2005

  3. SINO INDUSTRIAL INT'L PTY LTD

    samuel Guest

    "SINO INDUSTRIAL INT'L PTY LTD" <> wrote
    in news:2nDGd.121066$:

    > What is the fast and accurate method to identify the country
    > of the email sender.
    >
    > for example if the last 2 letters are ".hk' I understand it
    > comes from Hong Kong. Then how about ".al" "fi"...etc.
    >
    > Thanks guys
    >
    > Danny

    google

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=.hk +.fi +.al&btnG=Google
    samuel, Jan 17, 2005
  4. SINO INDUSTRIAL INT'L PTY LTD wrote:
    > What is the fast and accurate method to identify the country of the email
    > sender.

    > for example if the last 2 letters are ".hk' I understand it comes from Hong
    > Kong. Then how about ".al" "fi"...etc.

    http://ftp.ics.uci.edu/pub/websoft/wwwstat/country-codes.txt

    PS: It's the first Google hit on keyphrase "domain country codes".

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Upgrading From IE http://blinkynet.net/comp/upgrade.html
    Mozilla Firefox http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
    Blinky the Shark, Jan 17, 2005
  5. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on 17
    Jan 2005 05:17:34 GMT, Blinky the Shark <> screamed
    from behind the mulberry bush:

    >SINO INDUSTRIAL INT'L PTY LTD wrote:
    >> What is the fast and accurate method to identify the country of the email
    >> sender.

    >> for example if the last 2 letters are ".hk' I understand it comes from Hong
    >> Kong. Then how about ".al" "fi"...etc.

    >http://ftp.ics.uci.edu/pub/websoft/wwwstat/country-codes.txt
    >
    >PS: It's the first Google hit on keyphrase "domain country codes".

    How about by the IP address?
    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Jan 17, 2005
  6. SINO INDUSTRIAL INT'L PTY LTD

    Ganesh Guest

    Ganesh, Jan 17, 2005
  7. Dr Harvie Wahl-Banghor wrote:
    > I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on 17
    > Jan 2005 05:17:34 GMT, Blinky the Shark <> screamed
    > from behind the mulberry bush:

    >>SINO INDUSTRIAL INT'L PTY LTD wrote:
    >>> What is the fast and accurate method to identify the country of the email
    >>> sender.

    >>> for example if the last 2 letters are ".hk' I understand it comes from Hong
    >>> Kong. Then how about ".al" "fi"...etc.

    >>http://ftp.ics.uci.edu/pub/websoft/wwwstat/country-codes.txt

    >>PS: It's the first Google hit on keyphrase "domain country codes".

    > How about by the IP address?

    Do you mean like this?

    Click the link to the demo -- no reg needed.

    http://ip-to-country.webhosting.info/

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 18, 2005