    Rgds
    Archies

    , Nov 30, 2004

  2. Hammerer Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Hi,

    Hi!

    > How can I get an emailid like ??

    Erm ....... by getting a gmail account?

    > Thanx for nay help in advance...

    I'm always willing to give nay help.

    Hammerer, Nov 30, 2004

  3. GFG Guest

    A "gmail.com" account as you probably know handles, saves and stores your
    e-mails very differently than other e-mail programs available at this time.
    I believe "gmail" is still in the trial and evaluation stage and people need
    to receive an invitation from an actual "gmail" user. Once you receive an
    invitation, you yourself are given a number of "invites" to send out to
    individual friends,family members,co-workers or in response to a
    request,such as the one you made in this Newsgroup. There is no cost
    associated with the program at this time.
    If you would like an e-mail "invite" first go to www.freecycle.org, click on
    your Country, scroll down to a group location and click on "JOIN". A
    pre-addressed blank e-mail will pop up where you can fill in your e-mail
    address you want to receive your invitation to. In the subject
    line,something generic like "Membership request" or "I would like to become
    a member" is fine. The Message Body can remain blank. Send the e-mail.

    In a short time you will receive an e-mail from FreeCycle with instructions
    for becoming a member of the FreeCycle Group you selected. You can always
    cancel your membership at any time once you receive the "gmail.com" invite
    you are looking for.
    When you are a member post a "Wanted: gmail invitation" message to the group
    membership in the Message Board\Forum for the group location you joined.
    Someone who has a spare "gmail.com" invitation will respond by sending you a
    "gmail" invitation to the sign up e-mail address you submitted when you
    joined the Freecycle group and then you can open your own "gmail.com"
    account. If you no longer want to remain a member of the FreeCycle Group you
    joined, simply cancel according to the instructions, or stay on as a member
    and\or join any other groups listed on the group list page.
    I hope this is clearer to you than it looks to me - it's not as easy to
    explain the process as I thought it would be once I started typing.
    Good luck with it in spite of my rather rough ride set of instructions!!
    I'll watch here in the event that you need any further clarification.

    GFG, Nov 30, 2004