    Neither can I find a diagram of the motherboard. It is a Cognac
    20000731.

    Any ideas?
    mattydee35, Jan 9, 2006

  2. mattydee35

    PC Guest

    "mattydee35" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I took out my Emachines/Seagate HDD and then replaced it (couldn't add
    > it to my new computer). I now cannot get the computer to work.
    >
    > The problem is that the screen does not respond. The only thing I
    > think I've done wrong is that a wire labeled FAN-C that is
    > black-black-green is left hanging. I cannot find a place for it on the
    > motherboard.
    >
    > Neither can I find a diagram of the motherboard. It is a Cognac
    > 20000731.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Two possibilities

    The disconnected fan is stopping the motherboard booting.
    (no fan detected, Bios shut's down to stop CPU cooking itself)
    Fix, you removed it, you will have to find where it went.

    Secondly you have put the hard drive data cable on backwards, again this
    will stop the motherboard booting.
    Fix, the red stripe should be next to the power lead/socket.

    Cheers
    Paul.
    PC, Jan 9, 2006