    frustration inside of five minutes. There's several online versions of it;
    this one seems to be easiest to use (Java required):

    http://www.nu-woman.com/eliza.htm

    Gary G. Taylor, Jan 31, 2006

  2. Gary G. Taylor wrote:

    No, not the bot, but rather the pseudo-AI program that has apparently
    >either influenced or contributed to it:
    >
    >I had a CP/M version of this a long time ago and it struck me as one of
    >the most frustrating pieces of shit I'd ever encountered. That, of course,
    >was its purpose: to emulate a Rogerian ("non-directive") psychotherapist.
    >The answers it gives to your questions are very much like the bot's
    >answers here and if you're trying to get any concrete advice, or insight
    >into your own thought processes, it will have you screaming in
    >frustration inside of five minutes. There's several online versions of it;
    >this one seems to be easiest to use (Java required):
    >
    >http://www.nu-woman.com/eliza.htm

    Does this topic make you feel angry ?

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 31, 2006

  3. Re: Re: Eliza

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    Gary G. Taylor wrote:

    >No, not the bot, but rather the pseudo-AI program that has apparently
    >
    >Does this topic make you feel angry ?

    Why not?

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 31, 2006
  4. Re: Re: Re: Eliza

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    >Gary G. Taylor wrote:
    >
    >Why not?

    What answer would please you most?

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 31, 2006
  5. Re: Re: Re: Re: Eliza

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    >Elizavita Chirkova wrote:
    >
    >What answer would please you most?

    You're not really talking about me -- are you?

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 31, 2006
  6. Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Eliza

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    Does talking about this bother you?

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 31, 2006
  7. Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Eliza

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    >Elizavita Chirkova wrote:
    >
    >Does talking about this bother you?

    Oh, I?

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 31, 2006
  8. Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Eliza

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    >Elizavita Chirkova wrote:
    >
    >Oh, I?

    Why do you say you?

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 31, 2006
  9. Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Eliza

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    >Elizavita Chirkova wrote:
    >
    >Why do you say you?

    We were discussing you -- not me.

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 31, 2006
  10. Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Eliza

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    That is interesting. Please continue.

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 31, 2006
  11. Gary G. Taylor

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-01-31, Gary G. Taylor <> wrote:
    > No, not the bot, but rather the pseudo-AI program that has apparently
    > either influenced or contributed to it:
    >
    > I had a CP/M version of this a long time ago and it struck me as one of
    > the most frustrating pieces of shit I'd ever encountered. That, of course,
    > was its purpose: to emulate a Rogerian ("non-directive") psychotherapist.
    > The answers it gives to your questions are very much like the bot's
    > answers here and if you're trying to get any concrete advice, or insight
    > into your own thought processes, it will have you screaming in
    > frustration inside of five minutes. There's several online versions of it;
    > this one seems to be easiest to use (Java required):
    >
    > http://www.nu-woman.com/eliza.htm

    There's a (rather better) 'counsellor' in the emacs suite.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Jan 31, 2006