  1. XP-64 was installed and deleted, but the dual-boot screen still comes up with
    the now-deleted XP-64 as the default choice of Operating System. How can I
    get rid of the screen with the now-invalid OS choice?

    =?Utf-8?B?UmljaGFyZCBpbiBTQw==?=, Jul 3, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UmljaGFyZCBpbiBTQw==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Edit the boot.ini file and delete the entry you don't need. You can edit it
    in system properties/advanced/startup and recovery

    John Barnes, Jul 3, 2007

  3. And if this is now a Vista environment, use one of the free, third-party
    tools to clean up the BCD database - I use EasyBCD myself.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 3, 2007
  4. I have to admit that you were right from the very beginning.
    EasyBCD is in, VistaBootPro is out!
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jul 4, 2007
  5. Oh, my. If Carlos has abandoned VBP, it must be dead. :)

    I honestly just didn't like the whole way that came down at the beginning,
    and decided to stick with the guy who did the original work. And he seemed
    to be doing a better job during the beta with staying up with changes MS
    made to the database. Of course, since then, he's had a much more stable
    product, and it does all I need it to do.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 4, 2007
  6. Thanks, Guys, all of you.

    Your quick and on-point response, John Barnes, almost makes up for the lack
    of free Customer Suport by MicroSoft. Almost. (M-S was quick to give me the
    6 month evaluation copy of XP-64, but no way to follow up with them without
    $$)

    =?Utf-8?B?UmljaGFyZCBpbiBTQw==?=, Jul 4, 2007
  7. :)

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jul 5, 2007
  8. =?Utf-8?B?UmljaGFyZCBpbiBTQw==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    For eliminating an unneeded entry in the Vista Boot File, the new Boot tab
    in System Configuration works well also.

    John Barnes, Jul 5, 2007
  9. Good to know, though I'd probably still use EasyBCD regardless. I'm so used
    to adding it to just about every build.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 5, 2007