    accommodates the unintentional email program launch.

    Is there a way to eliminate "send link" from the right-click menu? I
    never, ever use "send link" and it would be nice to have it gone.
    =?UTF-8?B?IsaSwq5AbksgcGFuxbHCqcKpSSI=?=, Feb 16, 2005

  2. =?UTF-8?B?IsaSwq5AbksgcGFuxbHCqcKpSSI=?=

    Roland Guest

    On 16-2-2005 16:42, ƒ®@nK panű©©I wrote:
    > VERY often, using Firefox 1, when I use right-click to save a web page,
    > my hand slips and I accidentally click "send link". Then I have to wait
    > several seconds or longer while my email program starts up and displays
    > an email that must be clicked away. If I have lots of Firefox tabs
    > open, sometimes the hard drive thrashes a long time while the system
    > accommodates the unintentional email program launch.
    >
    > Is there a way to eliminate "send link" from the right-click menu? I
    > never, ever use "send link" and it would be nice to have it gone.

    Add the following lines to the 'userChrome.css' file in the subfolder
    named 'chrome' of your profile folder:

    /* Remove 'Send Link' from context menu*/
    menuitem#context-sendlink {
    display: none !important;
    }

    See <http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit> for location of
    'userChrome.css' and how to edit it.
    --
    Regards,

    Roland de Ruiter
    ___ ___
    /__/ w_/ /__/
    / \ /_/ / \
    Roland, Feb 17, 2005

  3. Roland wrote:
    > Add the following lines to the 'userChrome.css' file in the subfolder
    > named 'chrome' of your profile folder:
    >
    > /* Remove 'Send Link' from context menu*/
    > menuitem#context-sendlink {
    > display: none !important;
    > }

    ·

    Thanks -

    I must be doing something wrong. After I paste the above into the
    appropriate file, I still have a right-click "send link" when I restart
    Firefox.
    =?UTF-8?B?IsaSwq5AbksgcGFuxbHCqcKpSSI=?=, Feb 17, 2005
  4. On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 17:15:14 GMT, "ƒ®@nK pan?©©I"
    <> wrote:

    > Roland wrote:
    > > Add the following lines to the 'userChrome.css' file in the subfolder
    > > named 'chrome' of your profile folder:

    > > /* Remove 'Send Link' from context menu*/
    > > menuitem#context-sendlink {
    > > display: none !important;
    > > }

    > Thanks -

    > I must be doing something wrong. After I paste the above into the
    > appropriate file, I still have a right-click "send link" when I restart
    > Firefox.

    Same here. It did not get rid of the "Send Link..." for me, even after a
    restart of Firefox. I'd also like to get rid of "Send Image..." and "Set As
    Wallpaper...", as I never use any of those. I'm definitely editing the
    correct userChrome.css file, as any other changes I've made have been
    effective.
    FoxWolfie Galen, Feb 18, 2005
  5. FoxWolfie Galen wrote:
    > On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 17:15:14 GMT, "ƒ®@nK pan?©©I"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Roland wrote:
    >>
    >>>Add the following lines to the 'userChrome.css' file in the subfolder
    >>>named 'chrome' of your profile folder:

    >>>/* Remove 'Send Link' from context menu*/
    >>>menuitem#context-sendlink {
    >>> display: none !important;
    >>>}

    >>Thanks -

    >>I must be doing something wrong. After I paste the above into the
    >>appropriate file, I still have a right-click "send link" when I restart
    >>Firefox.

    > Same here. It did not get rid of the "Send Link..." for me, even after a
    > restart of Firefox. I'd also like to get rid of "Send Image..." and "Set As
    > Wallpaper...", as I never use any of those. I'm definitely editing the
    > correct userChrome.css file, as any other changes I've made have been
    > effective.

    I hate to say it Roland, it isn't working for me either.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Feb 18, 2005
  6. =?UTF-8?B?IsaSwq5AbksgcGFuxbHCqcKpSSI=?=

    Roland Guest

    On 18-2-2005 5:16, Leonidas Jones wrote:

    > FoxWolfie Galen wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 17:15:14 GMT, "ƒ®@nK pan?©©I"
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> Thanks -

    >>> I must be doing something wrong. After I paste the above into the
    >>> appropriate file, I still have a right-click "send link" when I
    >>> restart Firefox.

    >> Same here. It did not get rid of the "Send Link..." for me, even after a
    >> restart of Firefox. I'd also like to get rid of "Send Image..." and
    >> "Set As
    >> Wallpaper...", as I never use any of those. I'm definitely editing the
    >> correct userChrome.css file, as any other changes I've made have been
    >> effective.

    > I hate to say it Roland, it isn't working for me either.
    >
    > Lee

    Hmmm, strange...

    Works for me with Firefox 1.0: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0;
    en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041107 Firefox/1.0

    I tried it with another theme (thinking it might be theme related), and
    tried it in safe mode (maybe some extension), but in both cases it still
    works for me.

    I used the DOM inspector to find the id of the menuitem, and in my FF1.0
    it is 'context-sendlink'. Maybe the id of the item is different for
    different Firefox versions (or platform?).

    [Just to be sure: it's the 'Send Link' item in the context menu
    (right-click), not the item in the menubar File -> Send Link]
    --
    Regards,

    Roland de Ruiter
    ___ ___
    /__/ w_/ /__/
    / \ /_/ / \
    Roland, Feb 18, 2005
  7. Roland wrote:
    > On 18-2-2005 5:16, Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >> FoxWolfie Galen wrote:

    >>> Same here. It did not get rid of the "Send Link..." for me, even after a
    >>> restart of Firefox. I'd also like to get rid of "Send Image..." and
    >>> "Set As
    >>> Wallpaper...", as I never use any of those. I'm definitely editing the
    >>> correct userChrome.css file, as any other changes I've made have been
    >>> effective.

    >> I hate to say it Roland, it isn't working for me either.
    >>
    >> Lee

    > Hmmm, strange...
    >
    > Works for me with Firefox 1.0: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0;
    > en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041107 Firefox/1.0
    >
    > I tried it with another theme (thinking it might be theme related), and
    > tried it in safe mode (maybe some extension), but in both cases it still
    > works for me.
    >
    > I used the DOM inspector to find the id of the menuitem, and in my FF1.0
    > it is 'context-sendlink'. Maybe the id of the item is different for
    > different Firefox versions (or platform?).
    >
    > [Just to be sure: it's the 'Send Link' item in the context menu
    > (right-click), not the item in the menubar File -> Send Link]

    Understood, and its still not working. The only major difference would
    appear to be that I tested on XP, I doubt thats the issue.

    Later today, I'll some more indepth testing on a clen profile. I am
    curious whynits working for you and not for the other respondents.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Feb 18, 2005
  8. =?UTF-8?B?IsaSwq5AbksgcGFuxbHCqcKpSSI=?=

    Roland Guest

    On 18-2-2005 13:48, Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Roland wrote:

    >>> I hate to say it Roland, it isn't working for me either.
    >>>
    >>> Lee

    >> Hmmm, strange...
    >>
    >> Works for me with Firefox 1.0: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT
    >> 5.0; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041107 Firefox/1.0
    >>
    >> I tried it with another theme (thinking it might be theme related),
    >> and tried it in safe mode (maybe some extension), but in both cases it
    >> still works for me.
    >>
    >> I used the DOM inspector to find the id of the menuitem, and in my
    >> FF1.0 it is 'context-sendlink'. Maybe the id of the item is different
    >> for different Firefox versions (or platform?).
    >>
    >> [Just to be sure: it's the 'Send Link' item in the context menu
    >> (right-click), not the item in the menubar File -> Send Link]

    > Understood, and its still not working. The only major difference would
    > appear to be that I tested on XP, I doubt thats the issue.
    >
    > Later today, I'll some more indepth testing on a clen profile. I am
    > curious whynits working for you and not for the other respondents.
    >
    > Lee

    In case you want to find the id of the menu item yourself, open the DOM
    inspector (Tools -> DOM inspector). Then in the inspector File ->
    Inspect Window and select the browser window (sometimes you have to open
    a new browser window from the original window, when the inspector does
    not list the first browser window in its menu). Then drill down to the
    first 'popupset' node and the 'popup' node with id
    'contentAreaContextMenu'. But maybe you see other items in the tree.

    I'll include a screendump of the DOM-inspector in the reply to this
    message. (So don't open my next message if you're on a slow connection)
    --
    Regards,

    Roland de Ruiter
    ___ ___
    /__/ w_/ /__/
    / \ /_/ / \
    Roland, Feb 18, 2005
  9. =?UTF-8?B?IsaSwq5AbksgcGFuxbHCqcKpSSI=?=

    Roland Guest

    On 18-2-2005 14:53, Roland wrote:

    > On 18-2-2005 13:48, Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >> Roland wrote:

    >>> Hmmm, strange...
    >>>
    >>> Works for me with Firefox 1.0: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT
    >>> 5.0; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041107 Firefox/1.0
    >>>
    >>> I tried it with another theme (thinking it might be theme related),
    >>> and tried it in safe mode (maybe some extension), but in both cases
    >>> it still works for me.
    >>>
    >>> I used the DOM inspector to find the id of the menuitem, and in my
    >>> FF1.0 it is 'context-sendlink'. Maybe the id of the item is different
    >>> for different Firefox versions (or platform?).
    >>>
    >>> [Just to be sure: it's the 'Send Link' item in the context menu
    >>> (right-click), not the item in the menubar File -> Send Link]

    >> Understood, and its still not working. The only major difference
    >> would appear to be that I tested on XP, I doubt thats the issue.
    >>
    >> Later today, I'll some more indepth testing on a clen profile. I am
    >> curious whynits working for you and not for the other respondents.
    >>
    >> Lee

    > In case you want to find the id of the menu item yourself, open the DOM
    > inspector (Tools -> DOM inspector). Then in the inspector File ->
    > Inspect Window and select the browser window (sometimes you have to open
    > a new browser window from the original window, when the inspector does
    > not list the first browser window in its menu). Then drill down to the
    > first 'popupset' node and the 'popup' node with id
    > 'contentAreaContextMenu'. But maybe you see other items in the tree.
    >
    > I'll include a screendump of the DOM-inspector in the reply to this
    > message. (So don't open my next message if you're on a slow connection)

    If your ISP doesn't support messages with binary attachments (like my
    ISP), the screendump is also available in netscape.public.test on
    news.mozilla.org.
    --
    Regards,

    Roland de Ruiter
    ___ ___
    /__/ w_/ /__/
    / \ /_/ / \
    Roland, Feb 18, 2005
  10. Roland wrote:
    > On 18-2-2005 13:48, Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >> Roland wrote:

    >>> Hmmm, strange...
    >>>
    >>> Works for me with Firefox 1.0: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT
    >>> 5.0; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041107 Firefox/1.0
    >>>
    >>> I tried it with another theme (thinking it might be theme related),
    >>> and tried it in safe mode (maybe some extension), but in both cases
    >>> it still works for me.
    >>>
    >>> I used the DOM inspector to find the id of the menuitem, and in my
    >>> FF1.0 it is 'context-sendlink'. Maybe the id of the item is different
    >>> for different Firefox versions (or platform?).
    >>>
    >>> [Just to be sure: it's the 'Send Link' item in the context menu
    >>> (right-click), not the item in the menubar File -> Send Link]

    >> Understood, and its still not working. The only major difference
    >> would appear to be that I tested on XP, I doubt thats the issue.
    >>
    >> Later today, I'll some more indepth testing on a clen profile. I am
    >> curious whynits working for you and not for the other respondents.
    >>
    >> Lee

    > In case you want to find the id of the menu item yourself, open the DOM
    > inspector (Tools -> DOM inspector). Then in the inspector File ->
    > Inspect Window and select the browser window (sometimes you have to open
    > a new browser window from the original window, when the inspector does
    > not list the first browser window in its menu). Then drill down to the
    > first 'popupset' node and the 'popup' node with id
    > 'contentAreaContextMenu'. But maybe you see other items in the tree.
    >
    > I'll include a screendump of the DOM-inspector in the reply to this
    > message. (So don't open my next message if you're on a slow connection)

    Thanks, this is one of my "slow school" days. I'll ccheck it out when I
    get home.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Feb 18, 2005
  11. On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 12:04:38 +0100, Roland <> wrote:

    > [Just to be sure: it's the 'Send Link' item in the context menu
    > (right-click), not the item in the menubar File -> Send Link]

    I got it to work now. I had to restart Windoze though. Just restarting
    Firefox had no effect, which I can't understand. I also guessed at the ID
    for "Send Image", and was able to kill that menuitem as well. I'll be
    trying to kill the "Set As Wallpaper" next. BTW, I'm using FF1.0 under
    Win98SE.
    --
    FoxWolfie
    FoxWolfie Galen, Feb 19, 2005
  12. On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 14:53:22 +0100, Roland <> wrote:

    > In case you want to find the id of the menu item yourself, open the DOM
    > inspector (Tools -> DOM inspector).

    I assume that's added by an extension?
    I don't have a DOM Inspector under Tools.
    --
    FoxWolfie
    FoxWolfie Galen, Feb 19, 2005
  13. FoxWolfie Galen wrote:
    > On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 14:53:22 +0100, Roland <> wrote:
    >

    >>In case you want to find the id of the menu item yourself, open the DOM
    >>inspector (Tools -> DOM inspector).

    > I assume that's added by an extension?
    > I don't have a DOM Inspector under Tools.

    If you reinstall, select a Custom install, and choose Dom Inspector as
    an option.

    I suspect Roland may have been talking to me, as he know's I'll ahve the
    Dom inspector.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Feb 19, 2005
  14. On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 05:15:14 GMT, Leonidas Jones <> wrote:

    > If you reinstall, select a Custom install, and choose Dom Inspector as
    > an option.

    Thanks. I'm going to do that as soon as I backup my firefox prefs to
    another location.
    --
    FoxWolfie
    FoxWolfie Galen, Feb 19, 2005
  15. =?UTF-8?B?IsaSwq5AbksgcGFuxbHCqcKpSSI=?=

    Roland Guest

    On 19-2-2005 6:01, FoxWolfie Galen wrote:

    >>[Just to be sure: it's the 'Send Link' item in the context menu
    >>(right-click), not the item in the menubar File -> Send Link]

    > I got it to work now. I had to restart Windoze though. Just restarting
    > Firefox had no effect, which I can't understand. I also guessed at the ID
    > for "Send Image", and was able to kill that menuitem as well. I'll be
    > trying to kill the "Set As Wallpaper" next. BTW, I'm using FF1.0 under
    > Win98SE.

    For "Set As Wallpaper" the id is "context-setWallpaper".

    Here's a list of all(?) items of the context menu of *my FF1.0* on
    Win2000 [Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.7.5)
    Gecko/20041107 Firefox/1.0]. It may be different for other versions or
    on a different platform:

    <menuitem id="context-openlink" label="Open Link in New Window"/>
    <menuitem id="context-openlinkintab" label="Open Link in New Tab"/>
    <menuseparator id="context-sep-open"/>
    <menuitem id="context-bookmarklink" label="Bookmark This Link..."/>
    <menuitem id="context-savelink" label="Save Link As..."/>
    <menuitem id="context-sendlink" label="Send Link..."/>
    <menuitem id="context-copyemail" label="Copy Email Address"/>
    <menuitem id="context-copylink" label="Copy Link Location"/>
    <menuseparator id="context-sep-copylink"/>
    <menuitem id="context-viewimage" label="View Image"/>
    <menuitem id="context-copyimage-contents" label="Copy Image"/>
    <menuitem id="context-copyimage" label="Copy Image Location"/>
    <menuseparator id="context-sep-copyimage"/>
    <menuitem id="context-saveimage" label="Save Image As..."/>
    <menuitem id="context-sendimage" label="Send Image..."/>
    <menuitem id="context-setWallpaper" label="Set As Wallpaper..."/>
    <menuitem id="context-blockimage" class="menuitem-iconic" />
    <menuitem id="context-back" label="Back"/>
    <menuitem id="context-forward" label="Forward"/>
    <menuitem id="context-reload" label="Reload"/>
    <menuitem id="context-stop" label="Stop"/>
    <menuseparator id="context-sep-stop"/>
    <menuitem id="context-bookmarkpage" label="Bookmark This Page..."/>
    <menuitem id="context-savepage" label="Save Page As..."/>
    <menuitem id="context-sendpage" label="Send Link..."/>
    <menuseparator id="context-sep-viewbgimage"/>
    <menuitem id="context-viewbgimage" label="View Background Image"/>
    <menuitem id="context-undo" label="Undo"/>
    <menuseparator id="context-sep-undo"/>
    <menuitem id="context-cut" label="Cut"/>
    <menuitem id="context-copy" label="Copy"/>
    <menuitem id="context-paste" label="Paste"/>
    <menuitem id="context-delete" label="Delete"/>
    <menuseparator id="context-sep-paste"/>
    <menuitem id="context-selectall" label="Select All"/>
    <menuseparator id="context-sep-selectall"/>
    <menuitem id="context-keywordfield" label="Add a Keyword for this
    Search..."/>
    <menuitem id="context-searchselect" />
    <menuseparator id="frame-sep"/>
    <menu id="frame" label="This Frame" accesskey="h">
    <menupopup>
    <menuitem label="Show Only This Frame"/>
    <menuitem label="Open Frame in New Window"/>
    <menuitem label="Open Frame in New Tab"/>
    <menuseparator/>
    <menuitem label="Reload Frame"/>
    <menuseparator/>
    <menuitem label="Bookmark This Frame..."/>
    <menuitem label="Save Frame As..."/>
    <menuseparator/>
    <menuitem label="View Frame Source"/>
    <menuitem label="View Frame Info"/>
    </menupopup>
    </menu>
    <menuseparator id="context-sep-properties"/>
    <menuitem id="context-viewpartialsource-selection" label="View
    Selection Source"/>
    <menuitem id="context-viewpartialsource-mathml" label="View MathML
    Source"/>
    <menuitem id="context-viewsource" label="View Page Source"/>
    <menuitem id="context-viewinfo" label="View Page Info"/>
    <menuitem id="context-metadata" label="Properties"/>
    <menuseparator hidden="true" id="context-sep-bidi"/>
    <menuitem hidden="true" id="context-bidi-text-direction-toggle"
    label="Switch Text Direction"/>
    <menuitem hidden="true" id="context-bidi-page-direction-toggle"
    label="Switch Page Direction"/>
    --
    Regards,

    Roland de Ruiter
    ___ ___
    /__/ w_/ /__/
    / \ /_/ / \

    <popup id="contentAreaContextMenu"
    onpopupshowing="if (event.target != this) return true; gContextMenu = new nsContextMenu( this ); return gContextMenu.shouldDisplay;" onpopuphiding="if (event.target == this) gContextMenu = null;">
    <menuitem id="context-openlink" label="Open Link in New Window" accesskey="W" oncommand="gContextMenu.openLink();"/>
    <menuitem id="context-openlinkintab" label="Open Link in New Tab"
    accesskey="T" oncommand="gContextMenu.openLinkInTab();"/>
    <menuseparator id="context-sep-open"/>
    <menuitem id="context-bookmarklink" label="Bookmark This Link..."
    accesskey="L" oncommand="BookmarksUtils.addBookmark(gContextMenu.linkURL(), gContextMenu.linkText());"/>
    <menuitem id="context-savelink" label="Save Link As..." accesskey="k" oncommand="gContextMenu.saveLink();"/>
    <menuitem id="context-sendlink" label="Send Link..." accesskey="d" oncommand="gContextMenu.sendLink();"/>
    <menuitem id="context-copyemail" label="Copy Email Address" accesskey="E" oncommand="gContextMenu.copyEmail();"/>
    <menuitem id="context-copylink" label="Copy Link Location" accesskey="C" command="cmd_copyLink"/>
    <menuseparator id="context-sep-copylink"/>
    <menuitem id="context-viewimage" label="View Image" accesskey="I"
    oncommand="gContextMenu.viewImage(event);" onclick="checkForMiddleClick(this, event);"/>
    <menuitem id="context-copyimage-contents" label="Copy Image" accesskey="y" command="cmd_copyImageContents"/>
    <menuitem id="context-copyimage" label="Copy Image Location" accesskey="o" command="cmd_copyImageLocation"/>
    <menuseparator id="context-sep-copyimage"/>
    <menuitem id="context-saveimage" label="Save Image As..." accesskey="v" oncommand="gContextMenu.saveImage();"/>
    <menuitem id="context-sendimage" label="Send Image..." accesskey="n" oncommand="gContextMenu.sendImage();"/>
    <menuitem id="context-setWallpaper" label="Set As Wallpaper..." accesskey="S" oncommand="gContextMenu.setWallpaper();"/>
    <menuitem id="context-blockimage" class="menuitem-iconic" accesskey="g" oncommand="gContextMenu.toggleImageBlocking(this.getAttribute('checked') != 'true');"/>
    <menuitem id="context-back" label="Back" accesskey="B" command="Browser:Back"/>
    <menuitem id="context-forward" label="Forward" accesskey="F" command="Browser:Forward"/>
    <menuitem id="context-reload" label="Reload" accesskey="R" oncommand="BrowserReload();"/>
    <menuitem id="context-stop" label="Stop" accesskey="S" command="Browser:Stop"/>
    <menuseparator id="context-sep-stop"/>
    <menuitem id="context-bookmarkpage" label="Bookmark This Page..."
    accesskey="m" oncommand="addBookmarkAs(document.getElementById('content'));"/>
    <menuitem id="context-savepage" label="Save Page As..." accesskey="A" oncommand="saveDocument(window._content.document);"/>
    <menuitem id="context-sendpage" label="Send Link..." accesskey="e" command="Browser:SendLink"/>
    <menuseparator id="context-sep-viewbgimage"/>
    <menuitem id="context-viewbgimage" label="View Background Image" accesskey="w"
    oncommand="gContextMenu.viewBGImage(event);" onclick="checkForMiddleClick(this, event);"/>
    <menuitem id="context-undo" label="Undo" accesskey="U" command="cmd_undo"/>
    <menuseparator id="context-sep-undo"/>
    <menuitem id="context-cut" label="Cut" accesskey="t" command="cmd_cut"/>
    <menuitem id="context-copy" label="Copy" accesskey="C" command="cmd_copy"/>
    <menuitem id="context-paste" label="Paste" accesskey="P" command="cmd_paste"/>
    <menuitem id="context-delete" label="Delete" accesskey="D" command="cmd_delete"/>
    <menuseparator id="context-sep-paste"/>
    <menuitem id="context-selectall" label="Select All" accesskey="A" command="cmd_selectAll"/>
    <menuseparator id="context-sep-selectall"/>
    <menuitem id="context-keywordfield" label="Add a Keyword for this Search..."
    accesskey="K" oncommand="AddKeywordForSearchField();"/>
    <menuitem id="context-searchselect" accesskey="S" oncommand="OpenSearch('internet', gContextMenu.searchSelected(), true);"/>
    <menuseparator id="frame-sep"/>
    <menu id="frame" label="This Frame" accesskey="h">
    <menupopup>
    <menuitem label="Show Only This Frame" accesskey="w" oncommand="gContextMenu.showOnlyThisFrame();"/>
    <menuitem label="Open Frame in New Window" accesskey="W" oncommand="gContextMenu.openFrame();"/>
    <menuitem label="Open Frame in New Tab" accesskey="T" oncommand="gContextMenu.openFrameInTab();"/>
    <menuseparator/>
    <menuitem label="Reload Frame" accesskey="R" oncommand="gContextMenu.reloadFrame();"/>
    <menuseparator/>
    <menuitem label="Bookmark This Frame..." accesskey="F" oncommand="gContextMenu.addBookmarkForFrame();"/>
    <menuitem label="Save Frame As..." accesskey="F" oncommand="saveDocument(gContextMenu.target.ownerDocument);"/>
    <menuseparator/>
    <menuitem label="View Frame Source" accesskey="V" oncommand="gContextMenu.viewFrameSource();"/>
    <menuitem label="View Frame Info" accesskey="i" oncommand="gContextMenu.viewFrameInfo();"/>
    </menupopup>
    </menu>
    <menuseparator id="context-sep-properties"/>
    <menuitem id="context-viewpartialsource-selection"
    label="View Selection Source" accesskey="e" oncommand="gContextMenu.viewPartialSource('selection');"/>
    <menuitem id="context-viewpartialsource-mathml" label="View MathML Source"
    accesskey="e" oncommand="gContextMenu.viewPartialSource('mathml');"/>
    <menuitem id="context-viewsource" label="View Page Source" accesskey="V" oncommand="BrowserViewSourceOfDocument(_content.document);"/>
    <menuitem id="context-viewinfo" label="View Page Info" accesskey="I" oncommand="gContextMenu.viewInfo();"/>
    <menuitem id="context-metadata" label="Properties" accesskey="P" oncommand="gContextMenu.showMetadata();"/>
    <menuseparator hidden="true" id="context-sep-bidi"/>
    <menuitem hidden="true" id="context-bidi-text-direction-toggle"
    label="Switch Text Direction" accesskey="w" oncommand="SwitchTextEntryDirection(gContextMenu.target)"/>
    <menuitem hidden="true" id="context-bidi-page-direction-toggle"
    label="Switch Page Direction" accesskey="g" oncommand="SwitchDocumentDirection();"/>
    </popup>
    Roland, Feb 19, 2005
  16. =?UTF-8?B?IsaSwq5AbksgcGFuxbHCqcKpSSI=?=

    Roland Guest

    On 19-2-2005 6:15, Leonidas Jones wrote:

    > FoxWolfie Galen wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 14:53:22 +0100, Roland <> wrote:
    >>

    >>> In case you want to find the id of the menu item yourself, open the
    >>> DOM inspector (Tools -> DOM inspector).

    >> I assume that's added by an extension?
    >> I don't have a DOM Inspector under Tools.

    > If you reinstall, select a Custom install, and choose Dom Inspector as
    > an option.
    >
    > I suspect Roland may have been talking to me, as he know's I'll ahve the
    > Dom inspector.
    >
    > Lee

    Yeah, I was replying to you, Lee.
    FoxWolfie: I assumed that the DOM inspector was available by default. I
    must have installed it with the Custom install option, apparently :-[ .
    --
    Regards,

    Roland de Ruiter
    ___ ___
    /__/ w_/ /__/
    / \ /_/ / \
    Roland, Feb 19, 2005
  17. On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 08:24:37 +0100, Roland <> wrote:

    > FoxWolfie: I assumed that the DOM inspector was available by default. I
    > must have installed it with the Custom install option, apparently :-[ .

    It probably was the default. I probably unselected it when I originally
    installed, not knowing what it could offer. However, I reinstalled, chose
    custom, and selected the "Developer Tools." The DOM Inspector now appears.
    Thanks to your pointer on how to find the menu-item ids, I was able to put
    the appropriate code into my userChrone.css file.

    My context menu now has four less items. It requires a browser restart and
    clearing of the cache to take effect, but it works perfectly. Even though
    you weren't replying to me, I thank you helping to make my Firefox even
    better than it was. :)
    --
    FoxWolfie
    FoxWolfie Galen, Feb 19, 2005
  18. On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 09:33:49 GMT, FoxWolfie Galen <> wrote:

    >My context menu now has four less items. It requires a browser restart and
    >clearing of the cache to take effect, but it works perfectly. Even though
    >you weren't replying to me, I thank you helping to make my Firefox even
    >better than it was. :)

    Damn, I mised the beginning of this thread. You mean there's a way to disable
    certain menu items? As the operator of an internet cafe, I would like to know
    how to stop customers setting an image as wallpaper. Especially 'unsuitable'
    images...

    --
    Chris Pollard

    http://www.cginternet.net
    Christopher Pollard, Feb 19, 2005
  19. On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 08:04:14 +0100, Roland <> wrote:

    > <menuitem id="context-bookmarklink" label="Bookmark This Link..."/>
    > <menuitem id="context-savelink" label="Save Link As..."/>
    > <menuitem id="context-sendlink" label="Send Link..."/>

    > <menuitem id="context-bookmarkpage" label="Bookmark This Page..."/>
    > <menuitem id="context-savepage" label="Save Page As..."/>
    > <menuitem id="context-sendpage" label="Send Link..."/>

    Here's a little cosmetic thing I found. Two items are labeled as "Send
    Link...", but one should probably be labeled as "Send Page...". When
    right-clicking on part of a page that is not actually a link, it says "Send
    Link" instead of "Send Page". Luckily, the real "Send Page" selection is
    removed from the menu when someone clicks on a link, otherwise there would
    be two apparent "Send Link" choices, where one would send the current page
    and the other would send the link that was clicked on. Yes, it's a rather
    small thing, and I would never have noticed it if I didn't see them all
    listed together. I never actually clicked on any of the "Send" options
    intentionally.
    --
    FoxWolfie
    FoxWolfie Galen, Feb 19, 2005
  20. =?UTF-8?B?IsaSwq5AbksgcGFuxbHCqcKpSSI=?=

    Roland Guest

    On 19-2-2005 10:51, Christopher Pollard wrote:

    > On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 09:33:49 GMT, FoxWolfie Galen <> wrote:
    >

    >>My context menu now has four less items. It requires a browser restart and
    >>clearing of the cache to take effect, but it works perfectly. Even though
    >>you weren't replying to me, I thank you helping to make my Firefox even
    >>better than it was. :)

    > Damn, I mised the beginning of this thread. You mean there's a way to disable
    > certain menu items? As the operator of an internet cafe, I would like to know
    > how to stop customers setting an image as wallpaper. Especially 'unsuitable'
    > images...

    Yes (however some have reported that the following doesn't work). For
    removing context menu "Set As Wallpaper", you have to add the following
    lines to the file 'userChrome.css' in the folder named 'chrome' which is
    located in the profile folder (see
    <http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit>)

    /* Remove 'Set As Wallpaper' from context menu*/
    menuitem#context-setWallpaper {
    display: none !important;
    }

    For other context menu items, I'll repeat part of the thread (for items
    on the menubar's menus something similar could be done):

    Roland, Feb 19, 2005