    (the Phil Andrews book is fantastic), but would get the upgrade if it is
    worth it. Thanks. I assume there is no other way to upgrade but to
    purchase a new full version??????

    Ron G, Sep 7, 2004

  2. Ron G

    user too Guest

    "Ron G" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm using the original version of Photoshop Elements, but see that Amazon
    > is offering 2.0 for about thirty dollars after rebates.
    > Can anyone tell me if upgrading is really worth it? I see it has some new
    > fix features, etc. I'm starting to do pretty well with the old version
    > (the Phil Andrews book is fantastic), but would get the upgrade if it is
    > worth it. Thanks. I assume there is no other way to upgrade but to
    > purchase a new full version??????

    I think you are right. I never saw an upgrade. I used 1.0 for only a couple
    months but I remember when I switched 2.0 it was a little more bloated and
    takes a bit longer to load. Still not as long as Photoshop CS!

    user too, Sep 7, 2004

  3. Ron G wrote:
    > I'm using the original version of Photoshop Elements, but see that
    > Amazon is offering 2.0 for about thirty dollars after rebates.
    > Can anyone tell me if upgrading is really worth it? I see it has some
    > new fix features, etc. I'm starting to do pretty well with the old version
    > (the Phil Andrews book is fantastic), but would get the upgrade if it is
    > worth it. Thanks. I assume there is no other way to upgrade but to
    > purchase a new full version??????

    They offered a free trial of 2.0 so I tried it. There were a few
    changes and after I figured them out, I registered my copy. I can't recall
    which ones I especially liked, but they did add the few options I thought
    they missed on the first version and I use on the current one. As I recall
    the upgrade was something like $15.00 (download version).

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    Joseph Meehan, Sep 7, 2004
  4. Ron G

    Larry Guest

    "Joseph Meehan" <> wrote:

    > They offered a free trial of 2.0 so I tried it. There were a few
    >changes and after I figured them out, I registered my copy. I can't recall
    >which ones I especially liked, but they did add the few options I thought
    >they missed on the first version and I use on the current one. As I recall
    >the upgrade was something like $15.00 (download version).

    Batch rotation capability alone was worth the upgrade or purchase
    price, IMO.

    -- Larry

    Larry, Sep 7, 2004
  5. Ron G

    Robert Polk Guest

    If you want to really improve Elements 2 go to http:/www.hiddenelements.com
    You can add curves and all sorts of other tools to make it more like PS

    Robert Polk, Sep 7, 2004
  6. Ron G

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Larry wrote:

    > "Joseph Meehan" <> wrote:
    >

    >> They offered a free trial of 2.0 so I tried it. There were a few
    >>changes and after I figured them out, I registered my copy. I can't recall
    >>which ones I especially liked, but they did add the few options I thought
    >>they missed on the first version and I use on the current one. As I recall
    >>the upgrade was something like $15.00 (download version).

    > Batch rotation capability alone was worth the upgrade or purchase
    > price, IMO.
    >
    > -- Larry

    There is some indication that a version 3 may be coming soon.

    Ron Hunter, Sep 7, 2004
  7. Ron G

    Dave Guest

    Ron Hunter <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Larry wrote:
    >
    > > "Joseph Meehan" <> wrote:
    > >

    > >> They offered a free trial of 2.0 so I tried it. There were a few
    > >>changes and after I figured them out, I registered my copy. I can't recall
    > >>which ones I especially liked, but they did add the few options I thought
    > >>they missed on the first version and I use on the current one. As I recall
    > >>the upgrade was something like $15.00 (download version).

    > > Batch rotation capability alone was worth the upgrade or purchase
    > > price, IMO.
    > >
    > > -- Larry
    > >

    > There is some indication that a version 3 may be coming soon.

    Really? That would be great. If you have it, more info would be
    appreciated.

    I found the new back/fill light tool to be very useful and certainly
    worth the price of the upgrade.

    Dave

    Dave, Sep 8, 2004
  8. Ron G