    downloading pictures. I do not necessarily want to run Elements, nor
    download pictures, every time I use my computer. I can't seem to find a
    way to keep this window from popping up each time I boot.
    Don Stauffer, Sep 18, 2008

  2. Don Stauffer <> wrote:
    >I just installed Photoshop Elements 6 on my computer. Only problem is
    >that every time I boot the computer I get an Elements window about
    >downloading pictures. I do not necessarily want to run Elements, nor
    >download pictures, every time I use my computer. I can't seem to find a
    >way to keep this window from popping up each time I boot.

    Did you check the "Startup" folder(s)?

    However, as Cynicor wrote in a similar discussion:
    <quote>
    And almost on-topic, I don't know how many of you have used the Autoruns
    program from SysInternals, but it is GREAT. You can see every piece of
    cruft that runs when you start Windows, and turn them on or off. It
    pulls the info from every hiding place in the registry.

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx
    </quote>

    jue
    Jürgen Exner, Sep 18, 2008