    style 'dip in' book but they all seem to be written for the windows version.
    Anyone out there found a book relevant to the Mac version?? Thx
    Dennis
    DB4, Dec 26, 2006

  2. DB4

    Ken Lucke Guest

    In article <C1B71C01.BB66%>, DB4
    <> wrote:

    > Hi
    > Had elements 4 for around 2 months now and could do with a useful techniques
    > style 'dip in' book but they all seem to be written for the windows version.
    > Anyone out there found a book relevant to the Mac version?? Thx
    > Dennis

    You can probably use a Windoze version book just fine - just remember
    that the interface is going to be slighly different, as most Mac
    programs tend to follow HIGs and Win programs often seem to go out of
    their way to ignore them. However, despite that, the underlying
    routines and techniques will be the same, once you've found the
    commands to implement them. Fortunately, because it's an Adobe
    program, the interfaces won't be too different - Adobe DOES seem more
    interested in following the HIGs than most.

    independence.
    -- Charles A. Beard
    Ken Lucke, Dec 26, 2006

  3. In article <C1B71C01.BB66%>,
    DB4 <> wrote:

    > Hi
    > Had elements 4 for around 2 months now and could do with a useful techniques
    > style 'dip in' book but they all seem to be written for the windows version.
    > Anyone out there found a book relevant to the Mac version?? Thx
    > Dennis

    Any of the books will work. The main difference is that the Win version
    contains a picture sorting and cataloguing section that iPhoto does for
    the Mac and will not be present in your Mac version. also, the keyboard
    combinations are different but most of the books state what those are in
    the preface or you can use the commands from the pull down menu's. And,
    if you get plug-ins for various functions there will be both Mac and win
    versions so order the correct one.

    AAMOF, having been buying books since version one, I quit buying after
    version 3 and those old books can give you all the tips and tricks.

    There are also many web sites of tips and tricks. So many, that you
    cannot take advantage of all of them. Try:

    http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pselements/Photoshop_Elements_Tutorials_
    and_User_Resources.htm

    --
    There are two ways to spell Ockham/Occam. Britannica prefers the former.
    Ockham's Razor, Dec 26, 2006
  4. DB4

    C J Campbell Guest

    On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 10:35:45 -0800, DB4 wrote
    (in article <C1B71C01.BB66%>):

    > Hi
    > Had elements 4 for around 2 months now and could do with a useful techniques
    > style 'dip in' book but they all seem to be written for the windows version.
    > Anyone out there found a book relevant to the Mac version?? Thx
    > Dennis

    The Kelby books are best, covering both versions very well.
    C J Campbell, Dec 27, 2006
  5. In article <>,
    C J Campbell <> wrote:

    > On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 10:35:45 -0800, DB4 wrote
    > (in article <C1B71C01.BB66%>):
    >
    > > Hi
    > > Had elements 4 for around 2 months now and could do with a useful techniques
    > > style 'dip in' book but they all seem to be written for the windows version.
    > > Anyone out there found a book relevant to the Mac version?? Thx
    > > Dennis
    > >

    > The Kelby books are best, covering both versions very well.

    These are good guides for specific projects. But, you will have to get
    used to Kelby's cutsie style (which I cannot stand).

    carrying a cross."
    Sinclair Lewis
    Ockham's Razor, Dec 27, 2006
  6. DB4

    Ron Hunter Guest

    DB4 wrote:
    > Hi
    > Had elements 4 for around 2 months now and could do with a useful techniques
    > style 'dip in' book but they all seem to be written for the windows version.
    > Anyone out there found a book relevant to the Mac version?? Thx
    > Dennis

    Since the software is written for the Mac, then ported to the Windows
    platform, everything should be close enough that you will have no
    problem with using it with a Windows oriented book.
    Ron Hunter, Dec 27, 2006