    I have throught about a Laptop but it would be too heavy and bulky

    Cheers

    Phil

    indgepr, Jan 21, 2004

  2. > I have a cannon A70 camera which I use alot whilst traveling. one of
    > the advantages of digital is tha ability to view the pictures
    > imeadiatly and also show the Local guides pictures of themselves,
    > which they love.
    >
    > The only problem is the screen on the camera is very small and the
    > pictures are therefore hard to see.

    []

    Does the camera have a video output you could connect to a TV?

    David

    David J Taylor, Jan 21, 2004

  3. > I have a cannon A70 camera which I use alot whilst traveling.
    > one of the advantages of digital is tha ability to view the
    > pictures imeadiatly and also show the Local guides pictures
    > of themselves, which they love.
    >
    > The only problem is the screen on the camera is very small
    > and the pictures are therefore hard to see. what I am looking
    > for is a small lightweight robust device that will idealy
    > connect to the camera via a USB cable or use a Compact
    > flash card and display the photos at a better size.
    >
    > I have throught about a Laptop but it would be too heavy
    > and bulky

    Epson just announced something like what you're looking for:

    www.steves-digicams.com/pr/epson_01052004_p1000_pr.html

    It's fairly expensive but includes a 10GB hard drive. The display doesn't
    sound that large at 3.8", but with 640x480 VGA resolution it ought to look
    pretty nice.

    -Mike

    Michael Geary, Jan 21, 2004
  4. On 21 Jan 2004 01:02:51 -0800, (indgepr) wrote:

    >I have a cannon A70 camera which I use alot whilst traveling. one of
    >the advantages of digital is tha ability to view the pictures
    >imeadiatly and also show the Local guides pictures of themselves,
    >which they love.
    >
    >The only problem is the screen on the camera is very small and the
    >pictures are therefore hard to see. what I am looking for is a small
    >lightweight robust device that will idealy connect to the camera via a
    >USB cable or use a Compact flash card and display the photos at a
    >better size.
    >
    >I have throught about a Laptop but it would be too heavy and bulky
    >
    >Cheers
    >
    >Phil

    Have a look at:
    <http://www.transaction-one.com/gs/html/vgs/f4/en/home.jsp?pubid=2209>

    "Use FlashTrax's built-in 3.5" LCD color display to view images with
    controls to rotate, zoom in/out and pan."

    Good luck

    /Daniel L.

    Daniel Lindström, Jan 21, 2004
  5. indgepr

    buck Guest

    In article <5145f8e0.0401210102.59eb4067
    @posting.google.com>, says...
    > I have a cannon A70 camera which I use alot whilst traveling. one of
    > the advantages of digital is tha ability to view the pictures
    > imeadiatly and also show the Local guides pictures of themselves,
    > which they love.
    >
    > The only problem is the screen on the camera is very small and the
    > pictures are therefore hard to see. what I am looking for is a small
    > lightweight robust device that will idealy connect to the camera via a
    > USB cable or use a Compact flash card and display the photos at a
    > better size.
    >
    > I have throught about a Laptop but it would be too heavy and bulky
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Phil

    In the US there are several places where you can get a
    "Pocket TV" with a 3" screen and video inputs.

    They all cost < $200 (US) at Radio Shack, and are to my
    mind the only logical use for the video output found on
    almost all digital cameras.

    I have read that Radio Shack is no longer active in the
    UK, but they must have been replaced by someone.
    --
    Larry Lynch
    Lasting Imagery

    buck, Jan 21, 2004
  6. (indgepr) writes:

    > I have a cannon A70 camera which I use alot whilst traveling. one of
    > the advantages of digital is tha ability to view the pictures
    > imeadiatly and also show the Local guides pictures of themselves,
    > which they love.
    >
    > The only problem is the screen on the camera is very small and the
    > pictures are therefore hard to see. what I am looking for is a small
    > lightweight robust device that will idealy connect to the camera via a
    > USB cable or use a Compact flash card and display the photos at a
    > better size.
    >
    > I have throught about a Laptop but it would be too heavy and bulky

    You could get a PDA (personal digital assistant) that takes CF cards. My Sharp
    PDA has a CF slot, and as I recall many of the PocketPC's had one too. There
    should be an image viewer on the PDA. If the A70 has a TV out cable, you could
    potentially hook the camera up to a portable TV (or a local TV if the A70 can
    switch between PAL and NTSC).

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email: