    requires separate AC power cord - 18VDC output, 2.23A, 45 watt

    Thanks

    Xeno
    Xeno Chauvin, Sep 16, 2004

  2. Xeno Chauvin wrote:
    > Problem:
    > Have HP printer that power adapter appears to have died.
    > When tested it does not produce the required 18 volts.
    > A friend has a power adapter that has similar specs but is
    > slightly different. If I use my friends power supply adapter do
    > I run the risk of further damaging my printer even for a short test
    > to make certain the power supply IS the real problem?
    > Friends power supply module -- 100-240VAC input, 50/60Hz, 1.0A, 76VA,
    > requires separate AC power cord - 18VDC output, 2.23A, 40 watts
    >
    > My Power supply module-- - 100-240VAC input, 50/60Hz, 1.0A max,
    > 82-111VA, requires separate AC power cord - 18VDC output, 2.23A, 45
    > watt

    It'll be just fine, no worries.
    Reginald Peregrine, Sep 16, 2004

  3. Xeno Chauvin

    Cubzilla Guest

    That should be fine , that is if your printer has not caused your PSU to
    fail. the wattage is give by Volts x Amps

    18 X 2.23 = 40.14 Watts at full load

    Regards

    Cub

    Cubzilla, Sep 16, 2004
  4. Xeno Chauvin

    lugnut Guest

    On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 16:27:18 GMT, "Xeno Chauvin"
    <> wrote:

    >Problem:
    >Have HP printer that power adapter appears to have died.
    >When tested it does not produce the required 18 volts.
    >A friend has a power adapter that has similar specs but is
    >slightly different. If I use my friends power supply adapter do
    >I run the risk of further damaging my printer even for a short test
    >to make certain the power supply IS the real problem?
    >Friends power supply module -- 100-240VAC input, 50/60Hz, 1.0A, 76VA,
    >requires separate AC power cord - 18VDC output, 2.23A, 40 watts
    >
    >My Power supply module-- - 100-240VAC input, 50/60Hz, 1.0A max, 82-111VA,
    >requires separate AC power cord - 18VDC output, 2.23A, 45 watt
    >

    >Thanks
    >
    >Xeno

    Should be fine. Make sure the plug polarity is the same.
    You can do this with a simple VOM.
    lugnut, Sep 16, 2004