    70-316 & 70-320. I'm interested in the following elective-Implementing
    Security for Applications with Microsoft Visual C# .NET(70-340). Could
    someone please throw some light on this exam and its scope in the industry.

    Razor, Dec 29, 2004

  2. Razor

    Dave Paden Guest

    That is the elective exam that I chose as well and I passed it a few weeks
    ago. Most people discount the exam because it's "harder" than some of the
    other exams. The truth is, the material covered in this exam should be
    implemented in EVERY .NET project, regardless of what other technologies are
    involved. The exam is a little harder than some of the others, but not much.
    I pity the developer that takes the easier elective and codes a .NET web
    application riddled with security holes that could have easily been prevented.

    I think the security elective is hands-down the best choice as far as
    practicality and usefulness. Just my 2 cents.

    Dave Paden, Dec 29, 2004

  3. Dave,
    I am planning to take 70-340 as my first MCP exam. Could
    you please tell me what resources you used to pass the
    exam? Also please let me know if it is a good idea to
    start with 70-340.

    Thanks.

    Lakshmi Akkiraju, Mar 4, 2005