  1. The MCDST cert is an elective for the MCSA along with the 70-620 (Vista) why
    is the 70-620 listed as both an OS and an elective and not the MCDST? Or is
    the MCDST an elective for the MCSE they just do not state it...

    Michael Gossett, Jun 27, 2007

  2. Michael Gossett

    John R Guest

    "Michael Gossett" <> wrote in message
    news:%23$...
    > The MCDST cert is an elective for the MCSA along with the 70-620 (Vista)
    > why is the 70-620 listed as both an OS and an elective and not the MCDST?
    > Or is the MCDST an elective for the MCSE they just do not state it...

    I asked that very question during one of the online meetings, and all they
    really said was 'It was a conscious decision', and 'they didn't want MCSE to
    be all windows'. I didn't really understand their thinking, but I got over
    it. I don't think that Microsoft considers MCDST to be among the duties
    expected of an MCSE even though in many smaller shops, the NA is the
    helpdesk. At any rate, MCDST will not suffice as an MCSE elective.

    As to 620, I think it is one of those situations where they will let you use
    it either way, as a client elective, or a general elective, but not both.
    On the new certification path, 620 will earn you MCTS. I think they just
    want to get those out there.

    That's my thoughts on the subject.

    John R

    John R, Jun 27, 2007

  3. That helps, thanks! *goes to study for the 70-290*

    Michael Gossett, Jun 28, 2007
  4. That pretty much sums it up. But the reason the MCDST isn't an MCSE elective
    is the same reason the A+/Net+ Combo isn't either. Both of these MCSA
    electives are too far out of the MCSE's focus to be considered for elective.

    --
    ..rev

    accepting it"
    ~Aristotle

    Save 20% off any Microsoft MCP Exam when testing with Pearson VUE. Use
    Discount code: MSUU7C1E9359

    Register on-line @ vue.com
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Jun 28, 2007