    examples? I only want EIGRP to flow through the GRE, and all other traffic
    to be processed through the PIX. Configuring the GRE tunnel interfaces on
    the routers is simple enough, but what do I need to do on the PIX? Any help?

    steeda, Oct 30, 2004

  2. steeda

    PES Guest

    "steeda" <> wrote in message
    news:f5Hgd.23406$SW3.22537@fed1read01...
    > Can someone help me out a bit? Let's say I have two routers and a PIX,
    > with the pix in between the two routers. If I configure a GRE tunnel
    > through the PIX, can the two routers run EIGRP together?

    Yes

    > Can someone give me some config examples?

    You would just do a
    router eigrp x
    network x.x.x.x
    network y.y.y.y

    where the network matched the interfaces to include in eigrp (one would be
    the gre tunnel int)

    > I only want EIGRP to flow through the GRE, and all other traffic to be
    > processed through the PIX. Configuring the GRE tunnel interfaces on the
    > routers is simple enough, but what do I need to do on the PIX? Any help?

    Now this is not going to be possible. If you are receiving eigrp advertised
    routes via gre the route to the addresses would be through the gre. There
    is nothing you can do to make this filterable on the pix. Maybe you could
    redistribute your eigrp into ospf or rip (something the pix can understande)
    or use static routing.

    PES, Oct 30, 2004

  3. hiya,

    the GRE passthrtough part of the pix cfg and likely, please surf by:
    http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/Support/browse/psp_view.pl?p=Hardware:PIX&s=Software_Configuration

    and look at the 3 samples under GRE with IPSEC
    This might give you a hint.

    HTH
    Martin

    "steeda" <> skrev i en meddelelse
    > Can someone help me out a bit? Let's say I have two routers and a PIX,

    with
    > the pix in between the two routers. If I configure a GRE tunnel through

    the
    > PIX, can the two routers run EIGRP together? Can someone give me some

    config

    Martin Bilgrav, Nov 4, 2004