    installing SP2 on windows xp? I cant find any relevant information if there
    is some risk after applying new SP2.Iam afraid of problem opening this files
    then. Thank u very much for any response. Martina
    =?Utf-8?B?TWFydGluYQ==?=, Feb 28, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TWFydGluYQ==?=

    nguyenpv Guest

    There shouldn't be any problem(s), unless you go in a delete the user
    account that encrypted the file AND the Administrator's (default
    recovery agent) account. Other then that SP2 should work fine and
    dandy.

    --
    nguyenpv
    nguyenpv, Mar 4, 2005

  3. Martina;
    There should be no problem opening encrypted files after installing SP-2.
    But you should always have back-ups of encrypted data.

    Is your encrypted data important?
    What is your plan if the hard drive has a catastrophic mechanical failure?

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Mar 5, 2005