    crossmarks in places where there were pictures before SP2. What options do
    I have that would enable me to get the pictures again instead of the
    rectangles with little red crossmarks?
    Lone Ranger, Oct 27, 2004

  2. Lone Ranger

    °Mike° Guest

    XP SP2 does not display images in HTML mail by default.
    In OE go to Tools / Options / Security
    Uncheck 'Block images and other external content....'

    For images in IE, see this article:

    Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283807

    Also:

    Can't see jpg's or gifs - Red X - images missing
    http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers.htm#jpg_gif

    Enabling and disabling Ad Blocking in Norton
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/pfdocs/2001100915311136

    On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 16:15:25 -0400, in
    <>
    Lone Ranger scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Oct 27, 2004

  3. Lone Ranger

    Lone Ranger Guest

    MIKE:

    Thank you very, very much. You usually come up with the right answers. The
    change worked. I have no idea why that setting changed when I got SP2. I
    suppose it was the "security" thing that Microsoft was trying to support
    with SP2.
    Lone Ranger, Oct 27, 2004
  4. Lone Ranger

    °Mike° Guest