    and doesn't dog the CPU now. I guess the moral of the story is that bad
    RAM can dog a system down and not show up otherwise until something gets
    corrupted in the HAL, the OS gives up, and BSOD's.
    Meat Plow, Jul 2, 2010

  2. Meat Plow

    richard Guest

    On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 15:21:25 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow wrote:

    > I was fucking around with an old Asus K7V133 and an Athlon T-Bird 1.33ghz
    > CPU to give me something to **** with until my new guts arrive today.
    > I installed Win7 on it. Seagate Cuda 7200 rpm on the built in Promise
    > ATA100 controller. 2 gigs of DDR for a 266 FSB. I noticed this system was
    > horribly slow. Everything kicked the CPU up to 100% when run, even the
    > simplest of tasks. I just attributed it to the age and the lack of modern
    > instructions sets in the AMD T-Bird. However this morning I booted it up
    > and it blue-screened as soon as 7 started loading. Kept doing this on
    > subsequent tries so I said **** it and got out the Mandriva 2010 disc to
    > overwrite 7 and put Mandriva on it. Or so I thought so. Mandriva went
    > into kernel panic as soon as it started to load. Scratching my head
    > wondering WTF I decided to run the mem test and low and behold one of the
    > one gig DDR sticked failed the test immediately. After removing that
    > fucker Win 7 booted up like a charm. And everything runs so much faster
    > and doesn't dog the CPU now. I guess the moral of the story is that bad
    > RAM can dog a system down and not show up otherwise until something gets
    > corrupted in the HAL, the OS gives up, and BSOD's.

    I'm sorry sir, but if we're going to have this fucking conversation, then
    you damn well better be using fucking proper god damn Queen's English in
    every fucking way.

    Why is it people from new jersey insist on using the fucking words in every
    other breath? Why the **** can't we just fucking say the proper fucking
    god damn words the way the fucking words were meant to be fucking spoken?

    So what the **** did you expect would happen when trying to install fucked
    up windows 7 on an ancient fucking system? Hell, that would be like trying
    to install a V10 in a 58 nash rambler Or an MG midget.
    richard, Jul 2, 2010

  3. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 11:38:49 -0400, richard ÇʇoɹÊ:

    > On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 15:21:25 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow wrote:
    >
    >> I was fucking around with an old Asus K7V133 and an Athlon T-Bird
    >> 1.33ghz CPU to give me something to **** with until my new guts arrive
    >> today. I installed Win7 on it. Seagate Cuda 7200 rpm on the built in
    >> Promise ATA100 controller. 2 gigs of DDR for a 266 FSB. I noticed this
    >> system was horribly slow. Everything kicked the CPU up to 100% when
    >> run, even the simplest of tasks. I just attributed it to the age and
    >> the lack of modern instructions sets in the AMD T-Bird. However this
    >> morning I booted it up and it blue-screened as soon as 7 started
    >> out the Mandriva 2010 disc to overwrite 7 and put Mandriva on it. Or so
    >> I thought so. Mandriva went into kernel panic as soon as it started to
    >> load. Scratching my head wondering WTF I decided to run the mem test
    >> and low and behold one of the one gig DDR sticked failed the test
    >> immediately. After removing that fucker Win 7 booted up like a charm.
    >> And everything runs so much faster and doesn't dog the CPU now. I guess
    >> the moral of the story is that bad RAM can dog a system down and not
    >> show up otherwise until something gets corrupted in the HAL, the OS
    >> gives up, and BSOD's.

    > I'm sorry sir, but if we're going to have this fucking conversation,
    > then you damn well better be using fucking proper god damn Queen's
    > English in every fucking way.
    >
    > Why is it people from new jersey insist on using the fucking words in
    > every other breath? Why the **** can't we just fucking say the proper
    > fucking god damn words the way the fucking words were meant to be
    > fucking spoken?
    >
    > So what the **** did you expect would happen when trying to install
    > fucked up windows 7 on an ancient fucking system? Hell, that would be
    > like trying to install a V10 in a 58 nash rambler Or an MG midget.

    First of fucking all I'm not from fucking NJ. Second it's not a fucking
    old fucked up system. And thricely it actually runs fucking 7 very
    fucking well now that the bad fucking RAM has been fucking removed.
    Besides all of that fucking fucked up shit fucking 7 is probably
    the best fucking version of fucking Windows to hit the fucking shelves
    yet.

    So I guess you fucking missed the fucking point again and it is your
    fucking comprehension, not my fucking comprehension that is fucking
    lacking so **** it.
    Meat Plow, Jul 2, 2010
  4. Meat Plow

    joevan Guest

    On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 08:53:11 -0700, Evan Platt
    <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 11:38:49 -0400, richard <> wrote:
    >
    >>I'm sorry sir, but if we're going to have this fucking conversation, then
    >>you damn well better be using fucking proper god damn Queen's English in
    >>every fucking way.

    >Like capitalizing the word God?
    >
    >>Why is it people from new jersey

    >Like capitalizing New Jersey?
    >
    >>insist on using the fucking words in every
    >>other breath? Why the **** can't we just fucking say the proper fucking
    >>god damn words the way the fucking words were meant to be fucking spoken?

    >Like capitalizing God?
    >
    >>So what the **** did you expect would happen when trying to install fucked
    >>up windows 7

    >Like capitalizing Windows in Windows 7?
    >
    >>on an ancient fucking system? Hell, that would be like trying
    >>to install a V10 in a 58 nash rambler Or an MG midget.

    >Like capitalizing Nash Rambler?
    >
    >Like capitalizing Midget in MG Midget?

    Why not just say Rts is and idiot and be done with it.
    Oh, you did that before but it did no good.
    joevan, Jul 2, 2010
  5. Meat Plow

    joevan Guest

    On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 15:55:37 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow <>
    wrote:

    >On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 11:38:49 -0400, richard ??o??:
    >
    >> On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 15:21:25 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow wrote:
    >>
    >>> I was fucking around with an old Asus K7V133 and an Athlon T-Bird
    >>> 1.33ghz CPU to give me something to **** with until my new guts arrive
    >>> today. I installed Win7 on it. Seagate Cuda 7200 rpm on the built in
    >>> Promise ATA100 controller. 2 gigs of DDR for a 266 FSB. I noticed this
    >>> system was horribly slow. Everything kicked the CPU up to 100% when
    >>> run, even the simplest of tasks. I just attributed it to the age and
    >>> the lack of modern instructions sets in the AMD T-Bird. However this
    >>> morning I booted it up and it blue-screened as soon as 7 started
    >>> out the Mandriva 2010 disc to overwrite 7 and put Mandriva on it. Or so
    >>> I thought so. Mandriva went into kernel panic as soon as it started to
    >>> load. Scratching my head wondering WTF I decided to run the mem test
    >>> and low and behold one of the one gig DDR sticked failed the test
    >>> immediately. After removing that fucker Win 7 booted up like a charm.
    >>> And everything runs so much faster and doesn't dog the CPU now. I guess
    >>> the moral of the story is that bad RAM can dog a system down and not
    >>> show up otherwise until something gets corrupted in the HAL, the OS
    >>> gives up, and BSOD's.

    >> I'm sorry sir, but if we're going to have this fucking conversation,
    >> then you damn well better be using fucking proper god damn Queen's
    >> English in every fucking way.
    >>
    >> Why is it people from new jersey insist on using the fucking words in
    >> every other breath? Why the **** can't we just fucking say the proper
    >> fucking god damn words the way the fucking words were meant to be
    >> fucking spoken?
    >>
    >> So what the **** did you expect would happen when trying to install
    >> fucked up windows 7 on an ancient fucking system? Hell, that would be
    >> like trying to install a V10 in a 58 nash rambler Or an MG midget.

    >First of fucking all I'm not from fucking NJ. Second it's not a fucking
    >old fucked up system. And thricely it actually runs fucking 7 very
    >fucking well now that the bad fucking RAM has been fucking removed.
    >Besides all of that fucking fucked up shit fucking 7 is probably
    >the best fucking version of fucking Windows to hit the fucking shelves
    >yet.
    >
    >So I guess you fucking missed the fucking point again and it is your
    >fucking comprehension, not my fucking comprehension that is fucking
    >lacking so **** it.

    You guys can save a lot of typing time by just calling the idiot an
    idiot. He does not seem able to learn anything useful.
    So why try to explain things to him.
    joevan, Jul 2, 2010
  6. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 12:11:12 -0400, joevan ÇʇoɹÊ:

    > On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 15:55:37 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow <>
    > wrote:

    >>> I'm sorry sir, but if we're going to have this fucking conversation,
    >>> then you damn well better be using fucking proper god damn Queen's
    >>> English in every fucking way.
    >>>
    >>> Why is it people from new jersey insist on using the fucking words in
    >>> every other breath? Why the **** can't we just fucking say the proper
    >>> fucking god damn words the way the fucking words were meant to be
    >>> fucking spoken?
    >>>
    >>> So what the **** did you expect would happen when trying to install
    >>> fucked up windows 7 on an ancient fucking system? Hell, that would be
    >>> like trying to install a V10 in a 58 nash rambler Or an MG midget.

    >>First of fucking all I'm not from fucking NJ. Second it's not a fucking
    >>old fucked up system. And thricely it actually runs fucking 7 very
    >>fucking well now that the bad fucking RAM has been fucking removed.
    >>Besides all of that fucking fucked up shit fucking 7 is probably the
    >>best fucking version of fucking Windows to hit the fucking shelves yet.
    >>
    >>So I guess you fucking missed the fucking point again and it is your
    >>fucking comprehension, not my fucking comprehension that is fucking
    >>lacking so **** it.

    > You guys can save a lot of typing time by just calling the idiot an
    > idiot. He does not seem able to learn anything useful. So why try to
    > explain things to him.

    Aw shucks, don't spoil the fun :) Besides I type around 100 WPM so it
    takes no time to post this shit.
    Meat Plow, Jul 2, 2010
  7. Meat Plow

    Tony Guest

    Sad as it may seem Chuckcar might of actually got this one correct with his
    "take everything out except the power supply and one stick of ram". Well it
    would've been 50/50 odds.

    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    manners

    Very few. I used to take calls from *rank* noobs but got fired the first day
    on the job for potty mouth,

    the realm of understandability

    Tony, Jul 2, 2010
  8. Meat Plow

    richard Guest

    On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 12:08:25 -0400, joevan wrote:

    > On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 08:53:11 -0700, Evan Platt
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 11:38:49 -0400, richard <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I'm sorry sir, but if we're going to have this fucking conversation, then
    >>>you damn well better be using fucking proper god damn Queen's English in
    >>>every fucking way.

    >>Like capitalizing the word God?
    >>
    >>>Why is it people from new jersey

    >>Like capitalizing New Jersey?
    >>
    >>>insist on using the fucking words in every
    >>>other breath? Why the **** can't we just fucking say the proper fucking
    >>>god damn words the way the fucking words were meant to be fucking spoken?

    >>Like capitalizing God?
    >>
    >>>So what the **** did you expect would happen when trying to install fucked
    >>>up windows 7

    >>Like capitalizing Windows in Windows 7?
    >>
    >>>on an ancient fucking system? Hell, that would be like trying
    >>>to install a V10 in a 58 nash rambler Or an MG midget.

    >>Like capitalizing Nash Rambler?
    >>
    >>Like capitalizing Midget in MG Midget?

    > Why not just say Rts is and idiot and be done with it.
    > Oh, you did that before but it did no good.

    Your ignorance is showing.

    <is amd idiot> should read <is an idiot>
    richard, Jul 2, 2010
  9. Meat Plow

    richard Guest

    On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 13:12:01 -0400, Tony wrote:

    > Sad as it may seem Chuckcar might of actually got this one correct with his
    > "take everything out except the power supply and one stick of ram". Well it
    > would've been 50/50 odds.

    Perhaps in this case, it would be best to apply a 200 pound sledge hammer
    with a stick a dynamite attached to the machine.
    richard, Jul 2, 2010
  10. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 13:55:33 -0400, richard ÇʇoɹÊ:

    > On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 12:08:25 -0400, joevan wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 08:53:11 -0700, Evan Platt
    >> <> wrote:

    >>>Like capitalizing the word God?

    >>>Like capitalizing New Jersey?

    >>>Like capitalizing God?

    >>>Like capitalizing Windows in Windows 7?

    >>>Like capitalizing Nash Rambler?
    >>>
    >>>Like capitalizing Midget in MG Midget?

    >> Why not just say Rts is and idiot and be done with it. Oh, you did that
    >> before but it did no good.

    > Your ignorance is showing.
    >
    > <is amd idiot> should read <is an idiot>

    Jeez you can't even get a spelling lame right for ****'s sake.

    Joe said "is and idiot" and he was right you are and idiot.
    Meat Plow, Jul 2, 2010
  11. Meat Plow

    joevan Guest

    On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 16:13:44 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow <>
    wrote:

    >On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 12:11:12 -0400, joevan ??o??:
    >
    >> On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 15:55:37 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 11:38:49 -0400, richard ??o??:

    >>>First of fucking all I'm not from fucking NJ. Second it's not a fucking
    >>>old fucked up system. And thricely it actually runs fucking 7 very
    >>>fucking well now that the bad fucking RAM has been fucking removed.
    >>>Besides all of that fucking fucked up shit fucking 7 is probably the
    >>>best fucking version of fucking Windows to hit the fucking shelves yet.
    >>>
    >>>So I guess you fucking missed the fucking point again and it is your
    >>>fucking comprehension, not my fucking comprehension that is fucking
    >>>lacking so **** it.

    >> You guys can save a lot of typing time by just calling the idiot an
    >> idiot. He does not seem able to learn anything useful. So why try to
    >> explain things to him.

    >Aw shucks, don't spoil the fun :) Besides I type around 100 WPM so it
    >takes no time to post this shit.

    OK I will just watch and laugh at RTS and Chucktard.
    joevan, Jul 2, 2010
  12. Meat Plow

    Buffalo Guest

    Meat Plow wrote:
    > I was fucking around with an old Asus K7V133 and an Athlon T-Bird
    > 1.33ghz CPU to give me something to **** with until my new guts
    > arrive today.
    > I installed Win7 on it. Seagate Cuda 7200 rpm on the built in Promise
    > ATA100 controller. 2 gigs of DDR for a 266 FSB. I noticed this system
    > was horribly slow. Everything kicked the CPU up to 100% when run,
    > even the simplest of tasks. I just attributed it to the age and the
    > lack of modern instructions sets in the AMD T-Bird. However this
    > morning I booted it up and it blue-screened as soon as 7 started
    > got out the Mandriva 2010 disc to overwrite 7 and put Mandriva on it.
    > Or so I thought so. Mandriva went into kernel panic as soon as it
    > started to load. Scratching my head wondering WTF I decided to run
    > the mem test and low and behold one of the one gig DDR sticked failed
    > the test immediately. After removing that fucker Win 7 booted up like
    > a charm. And everything runs so much faster and doesn't dog the CPU
    > now. I guess the moral of the story is that bad RAM can dog a system
    > down and not show up otherwise until something gets corrupted in the
    > HAL, the OS gives up, and BSOD's.

    Did you try cleaning the ram contacts etc and switching slots to see if you
    could get the 'bad' ram to work?
    Buffalo
    Buffalo, Jul 2, 2010
  13. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 14:13:04 -0500, Buffalo ÇʇoɹÊ:

    > Meat Plow wrote:
    >> I was fucking around with an old Asus K7V133 and an Athlon T-Bird
    >> 1.33ghz CPU to give me something to **** with until my new guts arrive
    >> today.
    >> I installed Win7 on it. Seagate Cuda 7200 rpm on the built in Promise
    >> ATA100 controller. 2 gigs of DDR for a 266 FSB. I noticed this system
    >> was horribly slow. Everything kicked the CPU up to 100% when run, even
    >> the simplest of tasks. I just attributed it to the age and the lack of
    >> modern instructions sets in the AMD T-Bird. However this morning I
    >> booted it up and it blue-screened as soon as 7 started loading. Kept
    >> doing this on subsequent tries so I said **** it and got out the
    >> Mandriva 2010 disc to overwrite 7 and put Mandriva on it. Or so I
    >> thought so. Mandriva went into kernel panic as soon as it started to
    >> load. Scratching my head wondering WTF I decided to run the mem test
    >> and low and behold one of the one gig DDR sticked failed the test
    >> immediately. After removing that fucker Win 7 booted up like a charm.
    >> And everything runs so much faster and doesn't dog the CPU now. I guess
    >> the moral of the story is that bad RAM can dog a system down and not
    >> show up otherwise until something gets corrupted in the HAL, the OS
    >> gives up, and BSOD's.

    > Did you try cleaning the ram contacts etc and switching slots to see if
    > you could get the 'bad' ram to work?
    > Buffalo

    It worked, just with a shitload of errors. It's final resting place was
    the round file.
    Meat Plow, Jul 3, 2010
  14. Meat Plow

    Buffalo Guest

    Meat Plow wrote:
    [snip]
    >> Did you try cleaning the ram contacts etc and switching slots to see
    >> if you could get the 'bad' ram to work?
    >> Buffalo

    > It worked, just with a shitload of errors. It's final resting place
    > was the round file.

    Thanks for the reply,
    Buffalo
    Buffalo, Jul 3, 2010
  15. Meat Plow

    Aardvark Guest

    On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 08:53:11 -0700, Evan Platt wrote:

    > Like capitalizing Midget in MG Midget?

    I'm surprised he even capitalised 'MG'.

    Aardvark, Jul 4, 2010