    differences between these? I have a feeling that one might be more
    fragile. That sort of thing...

    Is there a way of finding out what else is in the canon pipeline?
    n, Jan 16, 2004

  2. That is like if you want help to decide if you buy a carrot or a lighter.
    There is no point in discussing that.

    www.usa.canon.com

    Miguel

    Miguel Del Rio, Jan 16, 2004

  3. n

    steve Guest

    I would suspect that the 14mm would have much more distortion (barrel or
    fisheye) than the 24mm-70mm at minimum focal length.

    In addition to this there appear to be many reasons (in theory) why a
    fixed focal length lens may have better performance in terms of contrast
    and aberrations -- I suspect that the fixed lens would have many fewer
    elements in the light path.

    Hey how about finding a place to rent both of those lenses and give
    yourself a chance to 'test drive' them and decide for yourself?

    steve

    steve, Jan 16, 2004