EDT [European Deaf Telephone] and EDTN are the TDD protocols used in Switzerland

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Radium, Aug 24, 2007.

  1. Radium

    Radium Guest

    Hi:

    EDT [European Deaf Telephone] and EDTN are the TDD protocols used in
    Switzerland. Where can I find technical information about the EDT/
    EDTN? Also, I would like to hear some tones resulting from the remote
    EDTs/EDTNs located in Switzerland. I live in USA, so if I dial an EDT/
    EDTN number to Switzerland, I will hear both the EDT/EDTN tones as
    well as the tones resulting from negotiations among international
    telephone exchanges. Those textphone and international exchange tones
    give me an eerie feeling which I enjoy. I get a feeling of pleasant
    fear. Its give me a psychedelic sensation. I like it. The tones are
    scary yet fun -- much like virtual reality, a roller-coaster, or a
    trip to outer space!

    If I could find accurate recording of those tones [tones from remote
    Swiss EDTs/EDTNs and international exchange negotiations] on a website
    in Wave format and at least 44.1 kHz sample rate and 16-bit, then I
    would just download those tones and listen. Unfortunately, no internet
    site has recordings of those tones.

    Also, what does ETDN stand for?

    Thanks,

    Radium
    Radium, Aug 24, 2007

  2. Radium

    kony Guest

    On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 04:29:27 -0000, Radium
    <> wrote:

    >Hi:
    >
    >EDT [European Deaf Telephone] and EDTN are the TDD protocols used in
    >Switzerland.

    Why do I suspect you are wasting everyone's time, even
    before reading the rest?

    Are you a moron? Keep in mind that I didn't come quickly to
    this conclusion, it was based on your previous posts and

    >Where can I find technical information about the EDT/
    >EDTN? Also, I would like to hear some tones resulting from the remote
    >EDTs/EDTNs located in Switzerland.

    I'm sure you would, because you deliberately seek piddly
    dumbassness.

    >I live in USA, so if I dial an EDT/
    >EDTN number to Switzerland, I will hear both the EDT/EDTN tones as
    >well as the tones resulting from negotiations among international
    >telephone exchanges.

    You will hear whatever we allow. Post your credit card
    number, social security number, address, expiration date,
    DOB, and the validation number and only then can we process
    your request.

    >Those textphone and international exchange tones
    >give me an eerie feeling which I enjoy.

    Of course, because you're out of your freakin' mind.

    >I get a feeling of pleasant
    >fear.

    It would be easier to just pick up a prostitute if that
    feeling is all you're after.

    >Its give me a psychedelic sensation. I like it. The tones are
    >scary yet fun -- much like virtual reality, a roller-coaster, or a
    >trip to outer space!

    If you think that is "psychedelic", you're just an idiot. I
    could expand on that, but "idiot" is a good concise summary.

    >If I could find accurate recording of those tones [tones from remote
    >Swiss EDTs/EDTNs and international exchange negotiations] on a website
    >in Wave format and at least 44.1 kHz sample rate and 16-bit, then I
    >would just download those tones and listen. Unfortunately, no internet
    >site has recordings of those tones.

    Did you ever consider just finding some pr0n online and
    jerking off to it? Seriously, you have a very crazy
    tendenacy to mentally masterbate without anything useful
    coming from it. At least those who endulge in pr0n, must
    feel a moment's satisfaction from it else they'd not engage
    in it.

    >Also, what does ETDN stand for?

    Eediot Training Desperately Needed
    kony, Aug 24, 2007

  3. Radium

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 04:29:27 -0000, Radium wrote:

    x-post trimmed to 24hshd from

    rec.audio.tech,24hoursupport.helpdesk,sci.electronics.basics,alt.comp.hardware,comp.dcom.telecom.tech

    Oh crap not again :)

    >Hi:
    >
    >EDT [European Deaf Telephone] and EDTN are the TDD protocols used in
    >Switzerland. Where can I find technical information about the EDT/
    >EDTN? Also, I would like to hear some tones resulting from the remote

    <snip>

    EDT [European Deaf Telephone] and EDTN are the TDD protocol used ...
    Group: ch.comm Radium ch comm Hi: EDT [European
    Deaf Telephone] and EDTN
    Sep 25 2006 by Radium - 1 message - 1 author

    Group: ch.comm
    Group: 24hoursupport.helpdesk

    Me
    why?, Aug 24, 2007
  4. Radium

    Radium Guest

    On Aug 24, 12:01 am, kony <> wrote:
    > On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 04:29:27 -0000, Radium
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >Hi:

    > >EDT [European Deaf Telephone] and EDTN are the TDD protocols used in
    > >Switzerland.

    > Why do I suspect you are wasting everyone's time, even
    > before reading the rest?
    >
    > Are you a moron? Keep in mind that I didn't come quickly to
    > this conclusion, it was based on your previous posts and
    >
    > >Where can I find technical information about the EDT/
    > >EDTN? Also, I would like to hear some tones resulting from the remote
    > >EDTs/EDTNs located in Switzerland.

    > I'm sure you would, because you deliberately seek piddly
    > dumbassness.
    >
    > >I live in USA, so if I dial an EDT/
    > >EDTN number to Switzerland, I will hear both the EDT/EDTN tones as
    > >well as the tones resulting from negotiations among international
    > >telephone exchanges.

    > You will hear whatever we allow. Post your credit card
    > number, social security number, address, expiration date,
    > DOB, and the validation number and only then can we process
    > your request.
    >
    > >Those textphone and international exchange tones
    > >give me an eerie feeling which I enjoy.

    > Of course, because you're out of your freakin' mind.
    >
    > >I get a feeling of pleasant
    > >fear.

    > It would be easier to just pick up a prostitute if that
    > feeling is all you're after.
    >
    > >Its give me a psychedelic sensation. I like it. The tones are
    > >scary yet fun -- much like virtual reality, a roller-coaster, or a
    > >trip to outer space!

    > If you think that is "psychedelic", you're just an idiot. I
    > could expand on that, but "idiot" is a good concise summary.
    >

    > >If I could find accurate recording of those tones [tones from remote
    > >Swiss EDTs/EDTNs and international exchange negotiations] on a website
    > >in Wave format and at least 44.1 kHz sample rate and 16-bit, then I
    > >would just download those tones and listen. Unfortunately, no internet
    > >site has recordings of those tones.

    > Did you ever consider just finding some pr0n online and
    > jerking off to it? Seriously, you have a very crazy
    > tendenacy to mentally masterbate without anything useful
    > coming from it. At least those who endulge in pr0n, must
    > feel a moment's satisfaction from it else they'd not engage
    > in it.

    Why does everyone assume that this enjoyment of mine is sexual? Sure
    it maybe weird but it's anything other than sexual. It has no relation
    to eroticism or romance.

    FYI, there are non-sexual psychological pleasures -- this is one of
    them. Certain things that are scary can also be enjoyable. Why else
    would we visit outer space, land on the moon, or explore volcanoes?
    Why else would roller-coasters or terrifying movies be on demand?

    Ever watch the movie "White Noise" or the Bourne films? These two
    movies are examples of frightening yet enjoyable forms of non-sexual
    entertainment.

    I have another question.

    Can these EDTN signals be used as a form of dial-up internet access?
    Obviously it won't be much faster than any other dial-up -- most
    likely a max of 56 kbps. The sounds would be different from currently-
    used dial-up modems, though. This is because EDTN uses different types
    of signaling than most 56K dial-up modems.
    Radium, Aug 25, 2007
  5. Radium

    kony Guest

    On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 17:58:57 -0700, Radium
    <> wrote:

    >Why does everyone assume that this enjoyment of mine is sexual? Sure
    >it maybe weird but it's anything other than sexual. It has no relation
    >to eroticism or romance.

    Typically, the relation would be lack of /romance/. If you
    had a need, a real goal you were trying to meet, it would
    make sense. Otherwise it's just a folly when there are so
    many better follies (like romance).

    >FYI, there are non-sexual psychological pleasures -- this is one of
    >them.

    Certainly, but this isn't likely to be one of them.

    >Certain things that are scary can also be enjoyable. Why else
    >would we visit outer space, land on the moon, or explore volcanoes?
    >Why else would roller-coasters or terrifying movies be on demand?

    I do hope you're not trying to compare listening to a modem
    to man's inherant desire to explore the world around him,
    since a modem's tones are a fairly short, boring diversion
    from other things, shorter than the time it took to write
    your post.

    In short I suspect you're substituting these crazy
    diversions to distract from, avoid some other thing in your
    life than needs attention. It may not be sexual at all, but
    /romance/ is certainly another diversion that is at least
    more enjoyable and engrossing (or at least it could be if
    you put as much time into it as thinking about modem tones).
    kony, Aug 25, 2007
  6. Radium

    Radium Guest

    On Aug 24, 10:54 pm, kony <> wrote:

    > On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 17:58:57 -0700, Radium

    > <> wrote:
    > >Why does everyone assume that this enjoyment of mine is sexual? Sure
    > >it maybe weird but it's anything other than sexual. It has no relation
    > >to eroticism or romance.

    > Typically, the relation would be lack of /romance/. If you
    > had a need, a real goal you were trying to meet, it would
    > make sense. Otherwise it's just a folly when there are so
    > many better follies (like romance).

    The tones I describe are something I'm interested. It's like one of my
    many hobbies.

    > >FYI, there are non-sexual psychological pleasures -- this is one of
    > >them.

    > Certainly, but this isn't likely to be one of them.

    What gives you that idea?

    > >Certain things that are scary can also be enjoyable. Why else
    > >would we visit outer space, land on the moon, or explore volcanoes?
    > >Why else would roller-coasters or terrifying movies be on demand?

    > I do hope you're not trying to compare listening to a modem
    > to man's inherant desire to explore the world around him,
    > since a modem's tones are a fairly short, boring diversion
    > from other things, shorter than the time it took to write
    > your post.

    > In short I suspect you're substituting these crazy
    > diversions to distract from, avoid some other thing in your
    > life than needs attention. It may not be sexual at all, but
    > /romance/ is certainly another diversion that is at least
    > more enjoyable and engrossing (or at least it could be if
    > you put as much time into it as thinking about modem tones).

    I think my interests relate more to my own experiences.

    My birthdate is 10-22-83. On the end of December of '89 -- around a
    week before Christmas -- I experienced a blow to my head that cause me
    to feel like I was in a different universe. I was playing basketball
    in my school, I ran after the ball trying to
    catch it, but instead hit my head on a metal pole [used to hold a
    tetherball].

    My symptoms because much worse after January of '90. The symptoms
    ended in the end of May of '91. Ironically, the headache was not
    severe and only lasted about a day after the injury.

    The symptoms were mostly psychological but very frightening.
    Strangely, they were scary and enjoyable at the same time.

    Here were my symptoms:

    1. Paroxysmal dissociative states
    2. Flashbacks of my house in Stamford, Connecticut [which my parents
    and I moved out in July of '86]
    3. Abnormal dreams consisting of Stamford, the sun suddenly losing its
    light [causing the sky to go dark], as well as sounds emitted by
    electronic devices [such the interference on the AM radio and
    heterodyne tones], and computer error messages.
    4. Obsession with outer space, as well as the strange sounds emitted
    by electronic equipment. I used to often play my Nintendo when it was
    connected to channel 3. However, I was change the TV channel to 4. I
    could see the video of the game but it was fuzzy and covered in
    grains. The music of the game was absent, and instead was filled with
    frightening-yet-enjoyable tones [sounding like a buzzer, lawn mower,
    or electric shaver] along with a faint audio of what was being
    discussed on the channel 4 news. I would get so scared, yet I would
    enjoy it. I would get scared when I saw computer error messages --
    especially if I knew they were resulting from some remote network
    issues -- yet I would enjoy it too. My dad's PC used Windows 3.0 at
    the time and had a dial-up internet connection. There were often
    errors on this PC when I used it. These errors related to some distant
    malfunction. Again, this was pleasurable and scary for me at the same
    time.
    5. Whenever I would change or look at the settings on the TV, I would
    often see the inside my Stamford home. Particularly the "CATV" sign
    caused me to see into the hallway and one of the bedrooms in my
    Stamford home.
    6. At night, the sounds of the dogs barking would really scare me --
    for no reason. I'd have to plug my ears and close all the windows [to
    soften the barks] in order to be in peace.
    7. On the school bus, I would feel disconnected and terrified when the
    CB radio emitted sounds consisting of radio-frequency interferences.
    8. I got a scored of 5 -- out of what, I don't remember -- on my
    spelling test. When I look at the '5', pictures of my Stamford home
    began to flicker in my eyes.
    9. Paroxysmal Out-of-body experiences
    10. Paroxysmal Visual and auditory hallucinations
    11. Paroxysmal periods where my sense of time would be shortened
    dramatically - 5 hour felt like 5 minutes.
    12. Panic attacks
    13. Trance-like states

    >From Jan of '90 to May of '91, my world was filled with these

    terrifying-yet-enjoyable symptoms.

    On 9-9-90, I had probably one of the most strange and scary symptoms.
    I was fully awake yet I got the feeling that I was going to start
    dreaming. It was the feeling I usually get if I wake up in the middle
    of the night and then experience sleep paralysis. There is a strange
    feeling I will usually get [a warning] before sleep paralysis sets in
    and I start to dream -- usually in the form of nightmares. I can't
    remember what happened on 9-9-90 after the 'warning'. I do know that
    there was no paralysis.

    I didn't tell my family about this head injury until recently. I
    didn't think it was that important. The day of the injury, I had a
    mild-headache and experienced mild versions of the about 13 symptoms.
    However, the pain was gone, the next day. Hence, being the naive kid I
    was, thought that it wasn't of concern. The 13 symptoms also
    temporarily subsided after the next day, however, it re-surfaced
    tremendously as New Years approached. At Jan of '90 an onwards it
    became emotionally-unbearable for me. Finally ending in May of '91.
    Radium, Aug 26, 2007
  7. Radium

    kony Guest

    On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 00:27:54 -0000, Radium
    <> wrote:

    >On Aug 24, 10:54 pm, kony <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 17:58:57 -0700, Radium

    >> <> wrote:
    >> >Why does everyone assume that this enjoyment of mine is sexual? Sure
    >> >it maybe weird but it's anything other than sexual. It has no relation
    >> >to eroticism or romance.

    >> Typically, the relation would be lack of /romance/. If you
    >> had a need, a real goal you were trying to meet, it would
    >> make sense. Otherwise it's just a folly when there are so
    >> many better follies (like romance).

    >The tones I describe are something I'm interested. It's like one of my
    >many hobbies.

    Obviously. Shame you can't find something more
    entertaining, it's a big world out there.
    kony, Aug 26, 2007
  8. Radium

    Don Bowey Guest

    Re: EDT [European Deaf Telephone] and EDTN are the TDD protocolsused in Switzerland

    On 8/25/07 5:27 PM, in article
    , "Radium"
    <> wrote:

    (snip)

    > On the end of December of '89 -- around a
    > week before Christmas -- I experienced a blow to my head

    (snip)

    > Here were my symptoms:

    (snip)

    > From Jan of '90 to May of '91, my world was filled with these
    > terrifying-yet-enjoyable symptoms.

    (snip)

    Wow! Glad you enjoyed them. Best Troll story yet.
    Don Bowey, Aug 26, 2007