    JIM Guest

    I am only able to show one message in this news group , any suggestions?
    Jim

    JIM, Oct 30, 2004

  2. JIM

    James Guest

    "JIM" <> wrote in message
    news:iqAgd.16$...
    > I am only able to show one message in this news group , any suggestions?
    > Jim

    Lucky You

    James, Oct 30, 2004

  3. JIM

    JIM Guest

    Thanks James

    JIM, Oct 30, 2004
  4. JIM

    James Guest

    "JIM" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks James
    >
    > "James" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "JIM" <> wrote in message
    > > > I am only able to show one message in this news group , any

    suggestions?
    > > > Jim
    > > >

    > > Lucky You

    M/P

    :)

    --

    Ukjay

    James, Oct 30, 2004
  5. JIM wrote:

    > I am only able to show one message in this news group , any suggestions?
    > Jim

    Perhaps you could be a little clearer. What do you mean by "show [only] one
    message"? Where? How? With what program? Did you download new message
    headers before attempting to read messages? Do you know how to do that? The
    F1 key gives help; perhaps you need to read the help file.

    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

    Gary G. Taylor, Oct 30, 2004
  6. In article <OxEgd.36716$> Gary G. Taylor <> wrote:

    >JIM wrote:
    >
    >> I am only able to show one message in this news group , any suggestions?
    >> Jim

    >Perhaps you could be a little clearer. What do you mean by "show [only] one
    >message"? Where? How? With what program? Did you download new message
    >headers before attempting to read messages? Do you know how to do that? The
    >F1 key gives help; perhaps you need to read the help file.

    Actually, I didn't read anything. I made the term up. Then again, most
    people tend to recognize humor for what it is ... you know, that
    har-dee-har-har stuff.

    --
    Lady Chatterly

    "Do you make a habit of chatting up bots?" -- Qasim

    Lady Chatterly, Oct 30, 2004
  7. JIM

    trout Guest

    JIM wrote:

    > I am only able to show one message in this news group , any
    > suggestions? Jim

    Check your setting under 'View; Current View'. You may have
    something like "Show replies to my messages" checked.
    --
    "Or something else odd."

    trout, Oct 30, 2004
  8. JIM

    JAMES Guest

    thanks trout

    JAMES, Oct 31, 2004
  9. JIM

    Toolman Tim Guest

    So that worked? Here's a tip: that can be turned on/off quickly by pressing
    ctrl-h. I use it all the time when I log in to check replies to my posts
    first, then ctrl-h again shows all the posts.

    >| thanks trout
    >|
    >| "trout" <> wrote in message

    >| > Check your setting under 'View; Current View'. You may have
    >| > something like "Show replies to my messages" checked.
    >| > --
    >| > "Or something else odd."

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    Toolman Tim, Oct 31, 2004
  10. JIM

    trout Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:

    > So that worked? Here's a tip: that can be turned on/off quickly by
    > pressing ctrl-h. I use it all the time when I log in to check replies
    > to my posts first, then ctrl-h again shows all the posts.

    Also handy (and what I use) is the OE Tool. Adds a toolbar to OE for
    one-button execution of a few common tasks, like that view change,
    thread/unthread, etc.
    http://www.oehelp.com/

    trout, Nov 1, 2004