    I've noticed that EDLIN is included in 32-bit Vista (as a 16-bit DOS app)
    Is it also part of 64-bit Vista (or XP x64)?

    Thanks, Roman
    roman modic, Nov 24, 2006

  2. C:\Windows>dir edlin*.* /s
    Volume in drive C has no label.
    Volume Serial Number is 8863-058A
    File Not Found

    C:\Windows>
    ========================

    IOW, no. 16 bit apps aren't supported, and not surprisingly, I guess they
    didn't want to port it.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 24, 2006

  3. "...and not surprisingly, I guess they didn't want to port it."

    (crowd applause)

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 24, 2006
  4. Shucks. I used to be pretty good with Edlin. But then I discovered vi, and
    the world of editors was changed for me forever.
    (now running gvim 7.0, 64bit version)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64