    there as intuitive and easy to use as Video Redo but without this
    drawback? I've looked at Adobe Premiere but it's as intuitive as bat-
    s*** -- you need a PhD to use it!

    anthony, May 7, 2008

  2. anthony

    anthony Guest

    On May 7, 7:57 pm, "Raymond Jones" <> wrote:
    > If you are using NTFS file system you can tell DVD Decrypter (IFO mode) to
    > not split the file so you get one large VOB file. No joining required. If
    > not NTFS then create a partition that is or add a hard drive formatted in
    > NTFS.
    >
    > --
    >
    > cheers,
    >
    > Raymond Jones
    >

    > "anthony" <> wrote in message

    > > I often make my personal 'highlights' single DVD disc of best bits
    > > from various discs -- for instance, best musical excerpts by one
    > > singer, taken from a dozen disc sources. Stops me having to stop
    > > viewing to try to remember what clip came next from what movie....
    > > I use DVDDecrypter to rip the VOB files. Then I use a snazzy program
    > > called Video Redo to edit that file, so only the music segment
    > > remains.
    > > Problem is, often one excerpt will be spread across two VOB files. I
    > > cut each VOB file to keep just what I want, and then use the Video
    > > Redo 'Join' function to rejoin those two segments.
    > > My problem is that no matter what I do, I lose almost a second at each
    > > join-point. That'd be no drama in most material, but it really stands
    > > out in the context of music and dance. Are there any programs out
    > > there as intuitive and easy to use as Video Redo but without this
    > > drawback? I've looked at Adobe Premiere but it's as intuitive as bat-
    > > s*** -- you need a PhD to use it!

    That sounds a great and simple solution -- I'm sure at least one of my
    partitions is using NTFS, so it should be plain sailing ...
    Thanks for that -- it sounds perfect.

    anthony, May 7, 2008

  3. anthony

    anthony Guest

    On May 7, 8:25 pm, anthony <> wrote:
    > On May 7, 7:57 pm, "Raymond Jones" <> wrote:
    >

    > > If you are using NTFS file system you can tell DVD Decrypter (IFO mode) to
    > > not split the file so you get one large VOB file. No joining required. If
    > > not NTFS then create a partition that is or add a hard drive formatted in
    > > NTFS.

    > > --

    > > cheers,

    > > Raymond Jones

    I've had a try, after checking to make sure the relevant partition is
    NTFS. Trouble is, it still came up as separate VOB fils as I can't
    locate on Decrypter in IFO mode the way to select it to not split the
    file. Could you tell me the process for that?
    thanks

    anthony, May 7, 2008
  4. anthony

    steam3801 Guest

    On Wed, 7 May 2008 04:12:49 -0700 (PDT), anthony
    <> - in a blinding flash of brilliance -
    wrote:

    >On May 7, 8:25 pm, anthony <> wrote:
    >> On May 7, 7:57 pm, "Raymond Jones" <> wrote:
    >>

    >> > If you are using NTFS file system you can tell DVD Decrypter (IFO mode) to
    >> > not split the file so you get one large VOB file. No joining required. If
    >> > not NTFS then create a partition that is or add a hard drive formatted in
    >> > NTFS.

    >> > --

    >> > cheers,

    >> > Raymond Jones
    >> >

    >I've had a try, after checking to make sure the relevant partition is
    >NTFS. Trouble is, it still came up as separate VOB fils as I can't
    >locate on Decrypter in IFO mode the way to select it to not split the
    >file. Could you tell me the process for that?
    >thanks

    Tools menu -> Settings -> IFO Mode -> Options : File Splitting ->
    change the pull down box from the default 1Gb to "None"
    --
    steam3801
    God hates homos .... but he likes tabouli.

    steam3801, May 7, 2008
  5. anthony

    anthony Guest

    On May 8, 7:51 am, steam3801 <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 7 May 2008 04:12:49 -0700 (PDT), anthony
    > <> - in a blinding flash of brilliance -
    > wrote:

    > >I've had a try, after checking to make sure the relevant partition is
    > >NTFS. Trouble is, it still came up as separate VOB fils as I can't
    > >locate on Decrypter in IFO mode the way to select it to not split the
    > >file. Could you tell me the process for that?
    > >thanks

    > Tools menu -> Settings -> IFO Mode -> Options : File Splitting ->
    > change the pull down box from the default 1Gb to "None"
    > --
    > steam3801
    > God hates homos .... but he likes tabouli.

    My version of Decrypter has different tabs and no pull-down boxes but
    I did find the location to specify file-size.
    Thanks heaps. Should work just fine now.

    anthony, May 8, 2008
  6. Hi There,
    Use Womble video editor.

    Regards,