    still the menu does come in handy sometimes.
    Thanks

    Brad from Oz
    Brad, Mar 22, 2005

  2. Brad

    Roland Guest

    On 22-3-2005 11:51, Brad wrote:

    > I have just started using Firefox and am happy so far but there is a little
    > program called EditUrl which allows you to delete urls in the drop down menu
    > of the address bar in IE. Is there something similar for Firefox. I found
    > how to edit the history.dat file to disable the drop down menu on Firefox
    > still the menu does come in handy sometimes.
    > Thanks
    >
    > Brad from Oz

    No extension needed. Drop down the URL list, move your mouse to the URL
    to remove, and press SHIFT-Delete.

    --
    Regards,

    Roland de Ruiter
    ___ ___
    /__/ w_/ /__/
    / \ /_/ / \
    Roland, Mar 22, 2005

  3. Brad

    Brad Guest

    So simple, if IE was that easy to use they wouldn't need to worry about
    competition.
    Thanks for the help

    Brad from Oz

    Brad, Mar 22, 2005
  4. Brad

    ttfg Guest

    On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 12:17:20 +0100, Roland <> wrote:

    >On 22-3-2005 11:51, Brad wrote:
    >
    >> I have just started using Firefox and am happy so far but there is a little
    >> program called EditUrl which allows you to delete urls in the drop down menu
    >> of the address bar in IE. Is there something similar for Firefox. I found
    >> how to edit the history.dat file to disable the drop down menu on Firefox
    >> still the menu does come in handy sometimes.
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Brad from Oz

    >No extension needed. Drop down the URL list, move your mouse to the URL
    >to remove, and press SHIFT-Delete.

    Nice tip, thanks. Now, how about re-ordering them? Mine has the most recent ones
    on the bottom, and they should be at the top. :)
    ttfg, Mar 22, 2005
  5. Brad

    Roland Guest

    On 22-3-2005 17:29, ttfg wrote:

    > On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 12:17:20 +0100, Roland <> wrote:
    >

    >>On 22-3-2005 11:51, Brad wrote:
    >>

    >>>I have just started using Firefox and am happy so far but there is a little
    >>>program called EditUrl which allows you to delete urls in the drop down menu
    >>>of the address bar in IE. Is there something similar for Firefox. I found
    >>>how to edit the history.dat file to disable the drop down menu on Firefox
    >>>still the menu does come in handy sometimes.
    >>>Thanks
    >>>
    >>>Brad from Oz

    >>No extension needed. Drop down the URL list, move your mouse to the URL
    >>to remove, and press SHIFT-Delete.

    > Nice tip, thanks. Now, how about re-ordering them? Mine has the most recent ones
    > on the bottom, and they should be at the top. :)

    AFAIK, reordering is not possible, at least not with a technique similar
    to SHIFT-Delete (e.g. SHIFT-Up/Down).

    [SHIFT-Delete also works for deleting history entries of a field on a
    webpage, e.g. the input field of the Google page. Unfortunately
    SHIFT-Delete only works in Firefox, it doesn't work for Mozilla Suite.]
    --
    Regards,

    Roland de Ruiter
    , ___ ___