    Is it possible to get into the area where information is held in picture
    (JPEG) files i.e. date taken, comments, shutter speed etc? Does this also
    hold true for TIFF and other formats?
    SS, Oct 3, 2005

  2. SS

    John Inzer Guest

    SS wrote:
    > Is it possible to get into the area where information is
    > held in picture (JPEG) files i.e. date taken, comments,
    > shutter speed etc? Does this also hold true for TIFF and
    > other formats?

    ======================================
    Maybe the following freebie
    would be useful to you:

    Exifer For Windows
    http://tinyurl.com/ixso

    --

    John Inzer
    John Inzer, Oct 3, 2005

  3. SS

    Mitch Guest

    In article <6Xd0f.12955$>, SS
    <> wrote:

    > Is it possible to get into the area where information is held in picture
    > (JPEG) files i.e. date taken, comments, shutter speed etc? Does this also
    > hold true for TIFF and other formats?

    It's all editable, of course.
    You simply need any decent image editor.
    You didn't mention which programs you are using, but in all the ones I
    use it's just a menu option to open -- very simple, very easily found,
    simple to edit. you might have to look for IPTC in the menu item.

    Note that not all information is carried in every format, and not all
    fields are supported the same.
    Mitch, Oct 3, 2005