    to copy that dvd-rw stuff on to a dvd-r?

    I am looking for some recommended software and some advice, help, etc.
    THANKS in advance, I am going nuts trying to figure this all out.
    MauiJNP, Dec 31, 2004

  2. In article <>, MauiJNP
    <> wrote:

    >ok here's the situation. i got a vhs to dvd recorder for
    >christmas. i record to dvd-rw and then edit out commericals
    >with the recorder. it is easy but time consuming. I am looking
    >for a way to put my dvd-rw in my computer's dvd drive and use
    >software to edit out the commericals in a fairly quick but
    >accurate method. this way it is not so time consuming to cut out
    >the commericals. I will then save the file without commericals
    >and burn it onto a dvd-r (or dvd-rw if that is easier) with my
    >computer's dvd burner (separate from my other dvd drive mentioned
    >above). if I do have to burn the file to a dvd-rw instead of a
    >dvd-r, what program could I later use to copy that dvd-rw stuff
    >on to a dvd-r?

    I like VideoReDo. It has a 30 day free trial period before you
    have to buy it. I liked it so much I bought long before the 30
    days was up.

    --
    Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com
    Bill Vermillion, Jan 1, 2005

  3. MauiJNP

    MauiJNP Guest

    "Bill Vermillion" <> wrote in message news:...
    > In article <>, MauiJNP
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>ok here's the situation. i got a vhs to dvd recorder for
    >>christmas. i record to dvd-rw and then edit out commericals
    >>with the recorder. it is easy but time consuming. I am looking
    >>for a way to put my dvd-rw in my computer's dvd drive and use
    >>software to edit out the commericals in a fairly quick but
    >>accurate method. this way it is not so time consuming to cut out
    >>the commericals. I will then save the file without commericals
    >>and burn it onto a dvd-r (or dvd-rw if that is easier) with my
    >>computer's dvd burner (separate from my other dvd drive mentioned
    >>above). if I do have to burn the file to a dvd-rw instead of a
    >>dvd-r, what program could I later use to copy that dvd-rw stuff
    >>on to a dvd-r?

    > I like VideoReDo. It has a 30 day free trial period before you
    > have to buy it. I liked it so much I bought long before the 30
    > days was up.

    I tried that but the cut points are hard to get exact. is the full version
    better?
    MauiJNP, Jan 1, 2005
  4. In article <>, MauiJNP <> wrote:

    >"Bill Vermillion" <> wrote in message news:...
    >> In article <>, MauiJNP
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>ok here's the situation. i got a vhs to dvd recorder for
    >>>christmas. i record to dvd-rw and then edit out commericals
    >>>with the recorder. it is easy but time consuming. I am looking
    >>>for a way to put my dvd-rw in my computer's dvd drive and use
    >>>software to edit out the commericals in a fairly quick but
    >>>accurate method. this way it is not so time consuming to cut out
    >>>the commericals. I will then save the file without commericals
    >>>and burn it onto a dvd-r (or dvd-rw if that is easier) with my
    >>>computer's dvd burner (separate from my other dvd drive mentioned
    >>>above). if I do have to burn the file to a dvd-rw instead of a
    >>>dvd-r, what program could I later use to copy that dvd-rw stuff
    >>>on to a dvd-r?

    >> I like VideoReDo. It has a 30 day free trial period before you
    >> have to buy it. I liked it so much I bought long before the 30
    >> days was up.

    >I tried that but the cut points are hard to get exact. is the
    >full version better?

    I had not problem with the free version. There is no difference
    between the free and the paid version.

    You do need to go into your preferences to set things up.

    Go under the tools tab, and the selecton 'navigation'

    You can then set how far the selection moves on the arrows,
    and I set mine up for the mouse to move to the next frame.

    That way I can get frames right where I want them. The default
    mouse movement is 1 second - and that's awfully sloppy IMO.

    There are other choices there too.

    If you look at the choices you will left/righ arrows also move 1
    frame but I like the wheel mouse for this - that's why I moved
    it from the default of 1-second. You can customize almost any
    thing. For example you could make shift-arrow move 10 or 15
    minutes at a time for fast navigation.

    You can also set it to go to the next I-frame. I set the next
    frame, and then when authoring under TDA I can see the I-frames
    easily if I need to cut.

    I hope this helped.

    Bill
    --
    Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com
    Bill Vermillion, Jan 1, 2005
  5. MauiJNP

    MauiJNP Guest

    "Bill Vermillion" <> wrote in message news:...
    > In article <>, MauiJNP <>
    > wrote:
    >>
    >>"Bill Vermillion" <> wrote in message

    >>> I like VideoReDo. It has a 30 day free trial period before you
    >>> have to buy it. I liked it so much I bought long before the 30
    >>> days was up.

    >>I tried that but the cut points are hard to get exact. is the
    >>full version better?

    > I had not problem with the free version. There is no difference
    > between the free and the paid version.
    >
    > You do need to go into your preferences to set things up.
    >
    > Go under the tools tab, and the selecton 'navigation'
    >
    > You can then set how far the selection moves on the arrows,
    > and I set mine up for the mouse to move to the next frame.
    >
    > That way I can get frames right where I want them. The default
    > mouse movement is 1 second - and that's awfully sloppy IMO.
    >
    > There are other choices there too.
    >
    > If you look at the choices you will left/righ arrows also move 1
    > frame but I like the wheel mouse for this - that's why I moved
    > it from the default of 1-second. You can customize almost any
    > thing. For example you could make shift-arrow move 10 or 15
    > minutes at a time for fast navigation.
    >
    > You can also set it to go to the next I-frame. I set the next
    > frame, and then when authoring under TDA I can see the I-frames
    > easily if I need to cut.
    >
    > I hope this helped.

    yes it did, thanks for the help.
    MauiJNP, Jan 2, 2005
  6. MauiJNP

    MauiJNP Guest

    >>> I like VideoReDo. It has a 30 day free trial period before you
    >>> have to buy it. I liked it so much I bought long before the 30
    >>> days was up.

    >>I tried that but the cut points are hard to get exact. is the
    >>full version better?

    > I had not problem with the free version. There is no difference
    > between the free and the paid version.
    >
    > You do need to go into your preferences to set things up.
    >
    > Go under the tools tab, and the selecton 'navigation'
    >
    > You can then set how far the selection moves on the arrows,
    > and I set mine up for the mouse to move to the next frame.
    >
    > That way I can get frames right where I want them. The default
    > mouse movement is 1 second - and that's awfully sloppy IMO.
    >
    > There are other choices there too.
    >
    > If you look at the choices you will left/righ arrows also move 1
    > frame but I like the wheel mouse for this - that's why I moved
    > it from the default of 1-second. You can customize almost any
    > thing. For example you could make shift-arrow move 10 or 15
    > minutes at a time for fast navigation.
    >
    > You can also set it to go to the next I-frame. I set the next
    > frame, and then when authoring under TDA I can see the I-frames
    > easily if I need to cut.
    >
    > I hope this helped.

    Ok, this program is awesome now that I changed the settings. I think this
    is a good one that I will purchase and use! One question first, does this
    mess up the audio/video being at the same time at all? I would hate to have
    those get out of sync. Thanks.
    MauiJNP, Jan 2, 2005
  7. "MauiJNP" <> wrote in message

    > >>I tried that but the cut points are hard to get exact. is the
    > >>full version better?

    > > I had not problem with the free version. There is no difference
    > > between the free and the paid version.
    > >
    > > You do need to go into your preferences to set things up.
    > >
    > > Go under the tools tab, and the selecton 'navigation'
    > >
    > > You can then set how far the selection moves on the arrows,
    > > and I set mine up for the mouse to move to the next frame.
    > >
    > > That way I can get frames right where I want them. The default
    > > mouse movement is 1 second - and that's awfully sloppy IMO.
    > >
    > > There are other choices there too.
    > >
    > > If you look at the choices you will left/righ arrows also move 1
    > > frame but I like the wheel mouse for this - that's why I moved
    > > it from the default of 1-second. You can customize almost any
    > > thing. For example you could make shift-arrow move 10 or 15
    > > minutes at a time for fast navigation.
    > >
    > > You can also set it to go to the next I-frame. I set the next
    > > frame, and then when authoring under TDA I can see the I-frames
    > > easily if I need to cut.
    > >
    > > I hope this helped.
    > >

    > Ok, this program is awesome now that I changed the settings. I think this
    > is a good one that I will purchase and use! One question first, does this
    > mess up the audio/video being at the same time at all? I would hate to

    have
    > those get out of sync. Thanks.

    No problem, VideoReDo will not get the video/audio out of synch. As a matter
    of fact, it has provisions to repair out-of-synch files.
    Colon Terminus, Jan 2, 2005
  8. MauiJNP

    MauiJNP Guest

    >> > I had not problem with the free version. There is no difference
    >> > between the free and the paid version.
    >> >
    >> > You do need to go into your preferences to set things up.
    >> >
    >> > Go under the tools tab, and the selecton 'navigation'
    >> >
    >> > You can then set how far the selection moves on the arrows,
    >> > and I set mine up for the mouse to move to the next frame.
    >> >
    >> > That way I can get frames right where I want them. The default
    >> > mouse movement is 1 second - and that's awfully sloppy IMO.
    >> >
    >> > There are other choices there too.
    >> >
    >> > If you look at the choices you will left/righ arrows also move 1
    >> > frame but I like the wheel mouse for this - that's why I moved
    >> > it from the default of 1-second. You can customize almost any
    >> > thing. For example you could make shift-arrow move 10 or 15
    >> > minutes at a time for fast navigation.
    >> >
    >> > You can also set it to go to the next I-frame. I set the next
    >> > frame, and then when authoring under TDA I can see the I-frames
    >> > easily if I need to cut.
    >> >
    >> > I hope this helped.
    >> >

    >> Ok, this program is awesome now that I changed the settings. I think
    >> this
    >> is a good one that I will purchase and use! One question first, does
    >> this
    >> mess up the audio/video being at the same time at all? I would hate to

    > have
    >> those get out of sync. Thanks.
    >>

    > No problem, VideoReDo will not get the video/audio out of synch. As a
    > matter
    > of fact, it has provisions to repair out-of-synch files.

    wow, cool,how would I do that? thanks
    MauiJNP, Jan 2, 2005