    I am want to edit a few lines and then be able to print it after.

    As far as I can tell it's not possible with acrobat viewer.

    Many thanks for any information,
    Dave, Sep 1, 2007

  2. Dave

    Smirnoff Guest

    "Dave" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > How am I able to editing text in a PDF I've downloaded from a site?
    >
    > I am want to edit a few lines and then be able to print it after.
    >
    > As far as I can tell it's not possible with acrobat viewer.
    >
    > Many thanks for any information,

    I think you'll find you need the full Adobe Acrobat to edit, as you say,
    not just the viewer.
    Hopefully, other posters may have links to a third party program that
    can do this.
    Smirnoff, Sep 1, 2007

  3. "Smirnoff" <> wrote in message

    > "Dave" <> wrote in message
    >> How am I able to editing text in a PDF I've downloaded from a site?
    >>
    >> I am want to edit a few lines and then be able to print it after.
    >>
    >> As far as I can tell it's not possible with acrobat viewer.
    >>
    >> Many thanks for any information,
    >>

    > I think you'll find you need the full Adobe Acrobat to edit, as you say,
    > not just the viewer.
    > Hopefully, other posters may have links to a third party program that can
    > do this.

    I have always wondered at the legality of these third party programs that
    let you edit PDF documents.

    Does it not involve decrypting whatever alogrithim is used to secure the
    file?
    Michael Cargill, Sep 1, 2007
  4. Dave <> wrote news:1188640797.343315.240610
    @y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com:

    > How am I able to editing text in a PDF I've downloaded from a site?
    >
    > I am want to edit a few lines and then be able to print it after.
    >
    > As far as I can tell it's not possible with acrobat viewer.
    >
    > Many thanks for any information,

    I use FoxIt for reading & editing a PDF.

    http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/pe_intro.php

    @}-}-------Rosee, Sep 1, 2007
  5. Dave

    Vanguard Guest

    "Michael Cargill" wrote in message

    > "Smirnoff" wrote ...
    >>
    >> "Dave" wrote ...
    >>> How am I able to editing text in a PDF I've downloaded from a
    >>> site?
    >>> I am want to edit a few lines and then be able to print it after.
    >>> As far as I can tell it's not possible with acrobat viewer.

    >> I think you'll find you need the full Adobe Acrobat to edit, as you
    >> say, not just the viewer.
    >> Hopefully, other posters may have links to a third party program
    >> that can do this.

    > I have always wondered at the legality of these third party programs
    > that let you edit PDF documents.

    Read:

    > Does it not involve decrypting whatever alogrithim is used to secure
    > the file?

    If the contents are password-protected, decryption requires extensive
    resources to break it. The PDF (Portable Document Format) itself is
    just a format. Anyone that could figure it out (and without Adobe's
    help) can create or modify it. PDF has always an open document
    standard although getting the specifications for it wasn't easy or
    maybe not even free.

    Read:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portable_Document_Format

    That is why Adobe suing or threatening Microsoft who had added (but
    then had to remove) PDF format when saving a file seemed so
    ridiculous. Adobe submitted PDF to ISO as an open standard and then
    only when Microsoft tried to use it did they then feel threatened yet
    OpenOffice supports PDF. Maybe when the Macromedia folks (who are
    used to proprietary Flash format) got acquired by Adobe that they
    forgot PDF was an open standard. Adobe has freely provided the PDF
    specification other companies; e.g., Apple's Mac OS X has built-in
    support for reading and saving of PDF files.

    In the wake of Adobe releasing the entire PDF specification (and doing
    so in the past but often for specialized versions targeting a
    particular usage), it really looks like Adobe can't figure their left
    foot from their right foot in their threat of an antitrust lawsuit
    against Microsoft (which Adobe wants to file in the EU since the EU
    has repeatedly shown bias against Microsoft). Adobe says it is an
    open standard, has submitted it to ISO as an open standard over a
    decade ago, and now is afraid Microsoft is going to steal revenue away
    from sales of Acrobat although Adobe has been providing the PDF spec
    to other software vendors. Adobe starts with the correct letter "A"
    for assholes. I hope XPS turns out to be Microsoft's PDF killer since
    Adobe deserves it. For a blog that summarizes Adobe's attempt to
    monopolize PDF (but only against Microsoft), read
    http://preview.tinyurl.com/39kdfz.
    Vanguard, Sep 1, 2007
  6. Dave

    Dave Guest

    On Sep 1, 4:04 pm, "@}-}-------Rosee" <!!GigAntiCBoSomS!!@Nip..com>
    wrote:
    > Dave <> wrote news:1188640797.343315.240610
    > @y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com:
    >
    > > How am I able to editing text in a PDF I've downloaded from a site?

    > > I am want to edit a few lines and then be able to print it after.

    > > As far as I can tell it's not possible with acrobat viewer.

    > > Many thanks for any information,

    > I use FoxIt for reading & editing a PDF.
    >
    > http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/pe_intro.php
    >
    > --
    > @}-}--}------Rosee http://www.cangogh.net/pix.html
    > www.givemeals.com www.freedonation.com www.hungersite.com
    > "This (TINT) is whatever I want it to be you bigfooted
    > belligerent bowlegged babblative babuina."~Zigi~

    Reading through their website. I see no mention of being able to edit
    text. i.e. overwriting a sentence.

    Is this at all possible with this or any other software?

    Many thanks,
    Dave, Sep 1, 2007
  7. Dave

    Vanguard Guest

    "Dave" wrote in message
    > Rosee wrote:
    >> Dave wrote :
    >>
    >>> How am I able to editing text in a PDF I've downloaded from a
    >>> site?
    >>> I am want to edit a few lines and then be able to print it after.
    >>> As far as I can tell it's not possible with acrobat viewer.

    >> I use FoxIt for reading & editing a PDF.
    >> http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/pe_intro.php

    > Reading through their website. I see no mention of being able to
    > edit
    > text. i.e. overwriting a sentence.
    > Is this at all possible with this or any other software?

    I don't use Foxit PDF Editor but even I can read the web page that was
    given to you. It is called and *editor*, not a reader or a viewer.
    On the very page given to you, it says, "The first and still the only
    REAL editor for PDF files, allows you to easily and efficiently change
    contents in any existing PDF files." Notice it says *change* the
    contents. Foxit has a reader but that wasn't what you were shown.
    You were shown the EDITOR. The editor isn't free. It costs $99. You
    never specified the solution had to be free.
    Vanguard, Sep 1, 2007
  8. Dave

    wrote:
    > Dave <> wrote news:1188640797.343315.240610
    > @y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com:
    >
    > > How am I able to editing text in a PDF I've downloaded from a site?

    > > I am want to edit a few lines and then be able to print it after.

    > > As far as I can tell it's not possible with acrobat viewer.

    > > Many thanks for any information,

    > I use FoxIt for reading & editing a PDF.
    >
    > http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/pe_intro.php
    >
    > --
    > @}-}--}------Rosee http://www.cangogh.net/pix.html
    > www.givemeals.com www.freedonation.com www.hungersite.com
    > "This (TINT) is whatever I want it to be you bigfooted
    > belligerent bowlegged babblative babuina."~Zigi~

    Thanks for that. I've downloaded a cracked version of Acrobat
    professional. Did the trick but thanks for that one.
    Dave, Sep 1, 2007
  9. Dave

    Dave Guest

    On Sep 1, 8:47 pm, "Vanguard" <> wrote:
    > "Dave" wrote in message

    > > Rosee wrote:

    > >> I use FoxIt for reading & editing a PDF.
    > >>http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/pe_intro.php

    > > Reading through their website. I see no mention of being able to
    > > edit
    > > text. i.e. overwriting a sentence.
    > > Is this at all possible with this or any other software?

    > I don't use Foxit PDF Editor but even I can read the web page that was
    > given to you. It is called and *editor*, not a reader or a viewer.
    > On the very page given to you, it says, "The first and still the only
    > REAL editor for PDF files, allows you to easily and efficiently change
    > contents in any existing PDF files." Notice it says *change* the
    > contents. Foxit has a reader but that wasn't what you were shown.
    > You were shown the EDITOR. The editor isn't free. It costs $99. You
    > never specified the solution had to be free.

    Yeah ok calm down! I browsed away from that page without reading
    first. Whooops.

    Good luck with your fight against Adobe.
    Dave, Sep 1, 2007
  10. Dave

    Vanguard Guest

    "Dave" wrote in message
    > Thanks for that. I've downloaded a cracked version of Acrobat
    > professional. Did the trick but thanks for that one.

    So why did you waste our time if your intent was to go steal the
    software? Wank off in private. Bet you'll bitch when someone steals
    your stuff.
    Vanguard, Sep 2, 2007
  11. Dave

    Dave Guest

    On Sep 2, 6:50 am, "Vanguard" <> wrote:
    > "Dave" wrote in message

    > > Thanks for that. I've downloaded a cracked version of Acrobat
    > > professional. Did the trick but thanks for that one.

    > So why did you waste our time if your intent was to go steal the
    > software? Wank off in private. Bet you'll bitch when someone steals
    > your stuff.

    Don't take it personal. Calm down.

    Thanks to Rosee for you help.

    Laters,..
    Dave, Sep 2, 2007
  12. Dave

    Vanguard Guest

    "Dave" wrote in message

    > "Vanguard" wrote:
    >>
    >> "Dave" wrote
    >>>
    >>> I've downloaded a cracked version of Acrobat
    >>> professional. Did the trick but thanks for that one.

    >> So why did you waste our time if your intent was to go steal the
    >> software? Wank off in private. Bet you'll bitch when someone
    >> steals
    >> your stuff.

    > Don't take it personal. Calm down.

    An unemployed child speaketh.
    Don't take it personal when your stuff gets stolen. Calm down.
    Yeah, advice from someone with adaptive morality.
    May others do unto you as you have done unto them.

    Tis my error for abetting a Google Grouper.
    Vanguard, Sep 2, 2007
  13. Dave

    Dave Guest

    On Sep 2, 8:55 am, "Vanguard" <> wrote:
    > "Dave" wrote in message

    > > "Vanguard" wrote:

    > >> "Dave" wrote

    > >> So why did you waste our time if your intent was to go steal the
    > >> software? Wank off in private. Bet you'll bitch when someone
    > >> steals
    > >> your stuff.

    > > Don't take it personal. Calm down.

    > An unemployed child speaketh.
    > Don't take it personal when your stuff gets stolen. Calm down.
    > Yeah, advice from someone with adaptive morality.
    > May others do unto you as you have done unto them.
    >
    > Tis my error for abetting a Google Grouper.

    Lol, calm down and go post about something else now. This topic is
    finish.

    Laters,..
    Dave, Sep 2, 2007