Editing of photos

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Brad, Jun 20, 2005.

  1. Brad

    Brad Guest

    I went to Google and searched but didn't find nearly the info I
    thought I would find and what I did find was kind of old and I know
    new things are coming out all the time.

    So my question is what is the latest and greatest photo editing
    software something very user friendly perferably I tried a couple of
    sample programs. A stripped down version of Adobe photostop came with
    my camera and it had some one button fixes but didn't seem to have a
    manual version included, maybe that is in the full version.

    Also I guess brand new Google is offering one called Picasa 2 has
    anyone tried that one? I am a big fan of Google its either developed
    by Google or being offered by Google as it was offered in my email
    from Google.

    Trying samples is not really that effective for me at this point as I
    don't know what I am looking at when analyzing photos. The Adobe one
    has a before and after feature but I always seem to end up with a
    bright picture with richer colors than the original and I doubt that
    is always supposed to my goal.

    Thanks in advance

    Brad

    LIFE'S JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE AT THE GRAVE SAFELY IN A
    WELL-PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN SIDEWAYS, TOTALLY WORN OUT,
    SHOUTING... " HOLY @#$%... WHAT A RIDE!"
    Brad, Jun 20, 2005

  2. Brad

    Guest

    I currently use picasa and think it's great. It also runs very fast.
    Try it out, it's free.

    I use Photofilter. It's a great program and can do a lot of editing
    features that the big guys can do. It's free. The upgraded version can
    do layers. Many of the same features as the free version.

    http://www.photofiltre.com/
    , Jun 21, 2005

  3. Brad

    Brad Guest

    On 20 Jun 2005 18:28:31 -0700, wrote:

    >I currently use picasa and think it's great. It also runs very fast.
    >Try it out, it's free.
    >
    >I use Photofilter. It's a great program and can do a lot of editing
    >features that the big guys can do. It's free. The upgraded version can
    >do layers. Many of the same features as the free version.
    >
    >http://www.photofiltre.com/

    Is the full version free too? Or is there only one version?

    Brad, Jun 21, 2005
  4. Brad

    Fish Guest

    Hello,

    You can try Color Pilot (http://www.colorpilot.com/pilot.html) – the
    software for color and brightness correction. Also Color Pilot allows
    you to realize elementary correction of your photos: color correction,
    contrast change, cropping, resizing, etÑ...

    Red Eye Pilot (http://www.colorpilot.com/redeye.html) - red eye
    remover program allows you to adjust the pupil area and brightness, and
    preview the results real-time. Red Eye Pilot is also capable to fix
    "mis-colored" eyes in photos of pets.

    Our new program - MakeUp Pilot (http://colorpilot.com/makeup.html)
    will be helpful if you deal with portrait images. It retouches any
    spots on the skin (moles, warts, pimples, heat-spots, etc.). Also the
    program allows you to restore old photographs. It removes any defects
    arising from a long-term storage of a still picture: fixer stains,
    fissures of photo emulsion and abrasions.

    We have any other program for digital camera users. Visit our site at
    http://colorpilot.com/products.html

    The programs are quite cheap. The trial versions are free. You can
    download it from our site and try.
    The programs keeps structure of the pupil. After installation you can
    see the demo. Run it from the Demonstration menu.

    Best regards,

    Olga
    Two Pilots
    http://www.colorpilot.com
    Fish, Jun 21, 2005
  5. Brad

    Stewy Guest

    In article <>,
    Brad <> wrote:

    > I went to Google and searched but didn't find nearly the info I
    > thought I would find and what I did find was kind of old and I know
    > new things are coming out all the time.
    >
    > So my question is what is the latest and greatest photo editing
    > software something very user friendly perferably I tried a couple of
    > sample programs. A stripped down version of Adobe photostop came with
    > my camera and it had some one button fixes but didn't seem to have a
    > manual version included, maybe that is in the full version.
    >
    > Also I guess brand new Google is offering one called Picasa 2 has
    > anyone tried that one? I am a big fan of Google its either developed
    > by Google or being offered by Google as it was offered in my email
    > from Google.
    >
    > Trying samples is not really that effective for me at this point as I
    > don't know what I am looking at when analyzing photos. The Adobe one
    > has a before and after feature but I always seem to end up with a
    > bright picture with richer colors than the original and I doubt that
    > is always supposed to my goal.

    The stripped down version of Photoshop was probably 5LE. If you're
    looking for something a bit better that doesn't cost an arm and a leg,
    try JASC Paint Shop Pro 9
    (http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=Corel3/Products/Display&
    pfid=1047024307383)- at $99 it's a steal compared to the full version of
    Photoshop CS. Adobe do sell Elements 3 for $79 and this may be what you
    need but for the extra $20 of PSP you'll get a much more powerful
    program.
    Stewy, Jun 21, 2005
  6. Brad

    Guest

    >>http://www.photofiltre.com/
    >>Is the full version free too? Or is there only one version?

    That link above is for the free version.

    The full version is I think is under $40(US). The extra features are
    layer management, animated GIF, automatic insertion of copyright,
    supports 8BF filters. There is a 30 day trail period but I think it
    does not bomb after that. Just need to register and buy.

    Full version Link is here: http://www.photofiltre-studio.com/frames.htm
    , Jun 21, 2005
  7. Brad

    Brad Guest

    On 21 Jun 2005 01:36:08 -0700, "Fish" <> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >You can try Color Pilot (http://www.colorpilot.com/pilot.html) – the
    >software for color and brightness correction. Also Color Pilot allows
    >you to realize elementary correction of your photos: color correction,
    >contrast change, cropping, resizing, et?...
    >
    >Red Eye Pilot (http://www.colorpilot.com/redeye.html) - red eye
    >remover program allows you to adjust the pupil area and brightness, and
    >preview the results real-time. Red Eye Pilot is also capable to fix
    >"mis-colored" eyes in photos of pets.
    >
    >Our new program - MakeUp Pilot (http://colorpilot.com/makeup.html)
    >will be helpful if you deal with portrait images. It retouches any
    >spots on the skin (moles, warts, pimples, heat-spots, etc.). Also the
    >program allows you to restore old photographs. It removes any defects
    >arising from a long-term storage of a still picture: fixer stains,
    >fissures of photo emulsion and abrasions.
    >
    >We have any other program for digital camera users. Visit our site at
    >http://colorpilot.com/products.html
    >
    >The programs are quite cheap. The trial versions are free. You can
    >download it from our site and try.
    >The programs keeps structure of the pupil. After installation you can
    >see the demo. Run it from the Demonstration menu.
    >
    >Best regards,
    >
    >Olga
    >Two Pilots
    >http://www.colorpilot.com

    So your program is ala carte or do you have one program that does most
    of the important aspects of editing? You mentioned the individual
    programs are cheap so I am guessing you have to buy more than one
    program I will look at your website but if I use your programs do I
    have to load each one individually or do they combine themselves when
    you buy more than one?

    Brad, Jun 22, 2005
  8. Brad

    Brad Guest

    On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 19:01:14 +0900, Stewy <>
    wrote:

    >The stripped down version of Photoshop was probably 5LE. If you're
    >looking for something a bit better that doesn't cost an arm and a leg,
    >try JASC Paint Shop Pro 9
    >(http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=Corel3/Products/Display&
    >pfid=1047024307383)- at $99 it's a steal compared to the full version of
    >Photoshop CS. Adobe do sell Elements 3 for $79 and this may be what you
    >need but for the extra $20 of PSP you'll get a much more powerful
    >program.

    As you can tell I'm totally out in left field for programs that edit,
    I have played around with the paint program that has come with every
    windows I have ever used but never really understood what it was for.
    I found out recently that photos can be resized in that program but
    don't know if it does other photo editing too I always thought it was
    a drawing program with the drawing type tools that are in the program.
    Is JASC Paint shop pro 9 like an advanced paint that comes with
    windows?

    Brad, Jun 22, 2005
  9. Brad

    Guest

    Brad,

    PentaSuite DigiPhoto is fairly cheap and offers all the photo utilities
    you want for a cheap price in 1 location It has a viewer, batch
    renaming and resizing along with a program that will help you create
    HTML photoalbums that can then be uploaded to your webspace or saved as
    PDF's.

    Good luck!

    Lyndi
    , Jun 28, 2005