    anyone here use an EXIF editor that they would recommend?

    Appreciate all your help.

    Jaqian

    Jaqian, Apr 25, 2006

  2. Jaqian

    Joan Guest

    http://www.hugsan.com/EXIFutils/

    --
    Joan

    "Jaqian" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    : Hi,
    : Can anyone point me in the direction of some programs to edit EXIF
    : data? I installed Picasa recently and it threw up a few photos that
    : have the wrong date. I presume this is part of the EXIF data. Some
    of
    : these photos were scanned so naturally they show date of scanning,
    : others had the wrong date because I forgot to update the date on my
    : camera.
    :
    : I tried googling this but I seem to be drowning in info overload.
    Does

    Joan, Apr 25, 2006

  3. Jaqian

    BeTu Guest

    I have been using a neat program called ExifReader which is available free.
    Here is the link :
    http://www.takenet.or.jp/~ryuuji/minisoft/exifread/english/ Try it out !
    Ben

    BeTu, Apr 25, 2006
  4. "Jaqian" <> writes:

    >Can anyone point me in the direction of some programs to edit EXIF
    >data?

    The best program I have found is Phil Harvey's exiftool. It is a perl(1)
    module. Check it out at:

    http://owl.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/

    This server seems to be down at the moment so try the alternate:

    http://130.15.24.87/~phil/exiftool/

    If you are on a solaris system, I have packaged this up and it will
    be available soon (within a day or two) from the Blastwave site:

    http://www.blastwave.org/

    Regards,
    --
    Jeff

    C. Jeffery Small CJSA LLC 206-232-3338
    7000 E Mercer Way, Mercer Island, WA 98040

    Jeffery Small, Apr 25, 2006
  5. Jaqian

    Bill Guest

    BeTu wrote:

    >I have been using a neat program called ExifReader which is available free.
    >Here is the link :
    >http://www.takenet.or.jp/~ryuuji/minisoft/exifread/english/ Try it out !
    >Ben

    I noticed it hasn't been updated in long time.

    Does it read Nikon D70s and/or Canon 350D/XT properly and completely?

    Bill, Apr 25, 2006
  6. Jaqian

    Eugene Nine Guest

    Jeffery Small wrote:

    > "Jaqian" <> writes:
    >
    >>Can anyone point me in the direction of some programs to edit EXIF
    >>data?

    > The best program I have found is Phil Harvey's exiftool. It is a perl(1)
    > module. Check it out at:
    >
    > http://owl.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/

    Second for exiftool. I usually do something like this on a folder of
    scanned images

    exiftool -software='xscanimage (sane-frontends) 1.0.13' *.jpg
    exiftool -Model='Scanjet 4300c' *.jpg
    exiftool -Make='Hewlett-Packard' *.jpg
    exiftool -createdate='2006:04:15 21:00:00' *.jpg
    exiftool -datetimeoriginal='1995:07:01 00:00:00' *.jpg

    Eugene Nine, Apr 26, 2006
  7. Jaqian

    Paul Allen Guest

    Jeffery Small wrote:
    > "Jaqian" <> writes:
    >
    >> Can anyone point me in the direction of some programs to edit EXIF
    >> data?

    > The best program I have found is Phil Harvey's exiftool. It is a perl(1)
    > module. Check it out at:
    >
    > http://owl.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/
    >
    > This server seems to be down at the moment so try the alternate:
    >
    > http://130.15.24.87/~phil/exiftool/
    >
    > If you are on a solaris system, I have packaged this up and it will
    > be available soon (within a day or two) from the Blastwave site:
    >
    > http://www.blastwave.org/

    Or, just say "cpan install Image::ExifTool". No worries about platform
    or packaging are needed.

    Paul Allen

    Paul Allen, Apr 26, 2006