    required size.

    Needs to run on W2000 or Linux

    Andrew

    Andrew Black, Nov 6, 2003

  2. "Andrew Black" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns942B5CA3A4038andrewblack1orguk@130.133.1.4...
    > Hi
    > I want to create a number of pictures the same size (say
    > 200x300 pixels) edited from bigger pictures.
    >
    > Is there a program that will allow me to select an area
    > of ratio 2:3 from a picture then adjust it to the
    > required size.
    >
    > Needs to run on W2000 or Linux

    Probably many, but Qimage (http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage/) is hard to
    beat, especially because you don't need to edit your originals. Qimage
    allows non-destructive cropping/resizing page layout, with superior quality.
    It runs on Windows or (via Virtual PC) MAC platforms.

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Nov 6, 2003

  3. Andrew Black

    Jan V. Guest

    "Andrew Black" <> schreef in bericht
    > Hi
    > I want to create a number of pictures the same size (say
    > 200x300 pixels) edited from bigger pictures.
    >
    > Is there a program that will allow me to select an area
    > of ratio 2:3 from a picture then adjust it to the
    > required size.
    >
    > Needs to run on W2000 or Linux
    >
    > Andrew

    Photshop, Paint Shop Pro, IrfanView (free) and many many more ... Think
    that "all" photo-editing software can perform this basic task.

    Jan V.

    Jan V., Nov 6, 2003
  4. Andrew Black

    mark herring Guest

    "Andrew Black" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > I want to create a number of pictures the same size (say
    > 200x300 pixels) edited from bigger pictures.
    >
    > Is there a program that will allow me to select an area
    > of ratio 2:3 from a picture then adjust it to the
    > required size.
    >
    > Needs to run on W2000 or Linux
    >
    > Andrew

    Almost any photo editor does this. For windows AND linux, get "the GIMP".
    (Free)

    mark herring, Nov 6, 2003
  5. Andrew Black

    Andrew Black Guest

    "Jan V." <> wrote in news:WArqb.6786$PU.189471
    @phobos.telenet-ops.be:

    > "Andrew Black" <> schreef in bericht
    >> Hi
    >> I want to create a number of pictures the same size (say
    >> 200x300 pixels) edited from bigger pictures.
    >>
    >> Is there a program that will allow me to select an area
    >> of ratio 2:3 from a picture then adjust it to the
    >> required size.
    >>
    >> Needs to run on W2000 or Linux
    >>
    >> Andrew

    > Photshop, Paint Shop Pro, IrfanView (free) and many many more ... Think
    > that "all" photo-editing software can perform this basic task.

    Thanks. Can you explain how to do it in Photoshop. I can see how to crop
    a picture, but it puts a rectangle that you can drag in any directions.
    I want to force this rectangle to be of ratio 2:3 - so if you drag the
    corner it retains the same shape.
    Perhaps I didnt explain my requirement carefully enough.

    Andrew Black, Nov 6, 2003
  6. Andrew Black

    Mark Herring Guest

    >Thanks. Can you explain how to do it in Photoshop. I can see how to crop
    >a picture, but it puts a rectangle that you can drag in any directions.
    >I want to force this rectangle to be of ratio 2:3 - so if you drag the
    >corner it retains the same shape.
    >Perhaps I didnt explain my requirement carefully enough.

    Depending on your version of Photoshop, there is (somewhere) a control
    that lets you set cropped picture size and ppi.
    In PS 6 it appears just under the menu bar when you select the crop
    tool. On earlier versions, I think it is in one of the floating menus
    that hangs out along the right.

    -mark
    Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
    Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".