    Bruce mmmm
    (address in "from" field above is non-existent/defunct, used only as a
    login ID.)
    Brucebo, Oct 20, 2006

  2. Brucebo

    ASAAR Guest

    On 19 Oct 2006 16:41:38 -0700, Brucebo wrote:

    > Using the picture viewer in Windows XP, if you right click on a
    > picture or thumbnail, then click on the "properties" tab, you can go in
    > an edit various picture information such as "Title", "Subject", etc.
    > For some of my JPEG files this information "sticks" and for others it
    > goes away as soon as I exit the pull down menu. I've been searching
    > for documentation on this issue but have not yet found any. Is anybody
    > out there familiar with this problem?

    I'm not familiar with it, but I just tested it with my version of
    XP, and found that the edits stick unless the jpg file's Read-Only
    attribute has been set, as it would be if it was copied from a CD.
    When this is the case, XP should, but doesn't report an error, and
    simply leaves the file information unchanged.
    ASAAR, Oct 20, 2006