    DBP Guest

    Hi how do I edit a PDF document had one sent to me and was not suppose to be
    a PDF.
    DBP, Jul 4, 2007

  2. DBP

    Joe M. Guest

    "DBP" <> wrote in news:LgBii.84360$xq1.57187
    @pd7urf1no:

    > Hi how do I edit a PDF document had one sent to me and was not

    suppose
    > to be a PDF.

    http://www.investintech.com/convertpdftodoc.html

    free trial...
    will convert to "word" (.doc) file.
    Joe M., Jul 4, 2007

  3. DBP

    SgtMinor Guest

    DBP wrote:

    > Hi how do I edit a PDF document had one sent to me and was not suppose to be
    > a PDF.

    You may be able to cut and paste it into Word.
    SgtMinor, Jul 4, 2007
  4. DBP

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-07-03, DBP <> wrote:
    > Hi how do I edit a PDF document had one sent to me and was not suppose to be
    > a PDF.

    I supppose the obvious 'ask them to send it in a form I can edit' is not
    possible for some reason.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Jul 4, 2007
  5. DBP

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Whiskers" <> wrote in message
    > On 2007-07-03, DBP <> wrote:
    >> Hi how do I edit a PDF document had one sent to me and was not suppose to
    >> be
    >> a PDF.

    > I supppose the obvious 'ask them to send it in a form I can edit' is not
    > possible for some reason.

    Probably for the same reason the OP hasn't responded to any replies - he's
    an idiot and hasn't a clue how to use his computer for much more than
    downloading porn.

    I could be wrong though...

    WhzzKdd, Jul 4, 2007
  6. DBP

    moi Guest

    ..pdf files need to be edited from it's own software, adobe acrobat
    professional, simple as that.

    SgtMinor:

    moi, Jul 7, 2007
  7. DBP

    SgtMinor Guest

    moi wrote:

    > .pdf files need to be edited from it's own software, adobe acrobat
    > professional, simple as that.

    That is very interesting. I often cut and paste pdf's into Word.

    SgtMinor, Jul 7, 2007
  8. DBP

    Tester Guest

    If you have a PDF file which has fill-inable spaces and you want to
    fill in the spaces and then save the file with the fill ins you can
    use CutePDF. (free evaluation version available) Do a Google search.
    Ordinarily, Adobe Acrobat Reader will only let you print out the file
    with the fill ins and not save the file with them. The evaluation
    version DOES place a reasonably discrete notice at the bottom of the
    page that you're cheap. (using the evaluation version) so it may not
    be suitable for resumes/cv's.

    What also might work is to print to an Apple Color Laserwriter file
    (Postscript) and then edit the Postscript.

    Ghostscript (GNU-ish software - free, free source) will let you view
    postscript or pdf. I'm not sure what to do to get back a pdf file
    without buying Adobe Acrobat. (not reader)
    Tester, Jul 7, 2007
  9. DBP

    Row Guest

    On Jul 4, 1:50 am, "DBP" <> wrote:
    > Hi how do I edit aPDFdocument had one sent to me and was not suppose to be
    > aPDF.

    I guess the question is do you want the document to remain in the PDF
    format or do you want to convert it to another format? Either way,
    Nitro PDF Professional will be able to assist you with this
    (regardless of whether the PDF was created by Adobe Acrobat or by any
    other PDF creator). Using Nitro PDF Pro it is possible to edit text in
    PDF documents and convert PDF documents to Microsoft Word documents.

    There is a 14 day free trial version available here:
    http://www.nitropdf.com/professional/trial.asp

    HTH,

    - Row.
    _______________________
    Nitro PDF Software
    http://www.nitropdf.com
    Row, Jul 11, 2007
  10. DBP

    Fat Ass Fred Guest

    On sat, 7 jul 2007 00:23:27 +0100, "moi" <nospam@invalid> wrote:

    >.pdf files need to be edited from it's own software, adobe acrobat
    >professional, simple as that.
    >

    >SgtMinor:
    >> DBP wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi how do I edit a PDF document had one sent to me and was not

    >suppose to be
    >>> a PDF.

    I use ABC Amber Text Convertor, you can register 3 of their converters
    in a bundle for $39.95 or pay $29.95 for 1 converter.... Smarter move
    is to find 3 converters you like and save money....
    Fat Ass Fred, Jul 24, 2007
  11. DBP

    Tester Guest

    On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 23:50:03 GMT, "DBP" <> wrote:

    >Hi how do I edit a PDF document had one sent to me and was not suppose to be
    >a PDF.

    If you want to fill in some spaces in a form PDF and save what you've
    filled in, you can get Cute PDF from Acro Software. Google it. There's
    a free evaluation version which leaves a reasonably discrete ad in the
    margins.

    PDF files are related to Postscript files. Postscript is a programming
    language in which you mix text and formatting command. A postscript
    file can be edited by any text editor. So you might be able to go from
    PDF to PS (easy - just print to file using the driver for an Apple
    Color Laserwriter), edit the text part of the postscript file and then
    but I think it must exist. There might be one connected with the free
    program Ghostscript.
    Tester, Jul 24, 2007
  12. DBP

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 17:25:51 GMT, Tester wrote:

    >On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 23:50:03 GMT, "DBP" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi how do I edit a PDF document had one sent to me and was not suppose to be
    >>a PDF.
    >>

    >If you want to fill in some spaces in a form PDF and save what you've
    >filled in, you can get Cute PDF from Acro Software. Google it. There's
    >a free evaluation version which leaves a reasonably discrete ad in the
    >margins.
    >
    >PDF files are related to Postscript files. Postscript is a programming
    >language in which you mix text and formatting command. A postscript

    Postscript is a page description language, never liked it being called a
    programming language.

    >file can be edited by any text editor. So you might be able to go from

    Unless the data block is in hex (still text) but only the header /
    footer is plain readable text.

    >PDF to PS (easy - just print to file using the driver for an Apple
    >Color Laserwriter), edit the text part of the postscript file and then

    A PDF printer driver, just the reverse of what you said earlier.

    This has been mentioned in 24HSHD before,
    www.pdf995.com/
    and printer drivers from Acrobat, then CutePDF freeware uses a PS2PDF
    Ghostscript converter.

    >but I think it must exist. There might be one connected with the free
    >program Ghostscript.

    Me
    why?, Jul 25, 2007
  13. DBP

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>, why?

    > >PDF files are related to Postscript files. Postscript is a programming
    > >language in which you mix text and formatting command. A postscript

    > Postscript is a page description language, never liked it being called a
    > programming language.

    You're right; it cannot be programming. In fact, the idea of
    'formatting command' makes no sense, where a separate program is what
    interprets how those will make a document look. It's formatting code,
    not commands.
    Mitch, Jul 25, 2007