  1. using 1.7.12 mozilla. Need to know how to delete address and start
    over. Also do not see a way to EDIT the email addresses??

    Help?
    Pedro Sanchez, Jun 3, 2006

  2. Pedro Sanchez

    Charani Guest

    On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 01:39:54 -0400, Pedro Sanchez wrote:

    > using 1.7.12 mozilla. Need to know how to delete address and start
    > over. Also do not see a way to EDIT the email addresses??

    Open the browser window and go to tools, click on address book, you
    can delete from there.

    Open a mail window, click on addresses and you can edit from there.

    There are probably other ways, but that's the way I do it.
    Charani, Jun 3, 2006

  3. Pedro Sanchez

    Charani Guest

    Post corrected

    Charani, Jun 3, 2006
  4. On Sat, 3 Jun 2006 10:41:52 +0100, Charani <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 01:39:54 -0400, Pedro Sanchez wrote:
    >
    >> using 1.7.12 mozilla. Need to know how to delete address and start
    >> over. Also do not see a way to EDIT the email addresses??

    >Open the browser window and go to tools, click on address book, you
    >can delete from there.
    >
    >Open a mail window, click on addresses and you can edit from there.
    >
    >There are probably other ways, but that's the way I do it.

    Tried that, cannot edit them. Can only delete them.
    Pedro Sanchez, Jun 3, 2006
  5. On Sat, 3 Jun 2006 10:44:29 +0100, Charani <> wrote:

    >Post corrected
    >
    >> Open the browser window and go to *Window* (not Tools, sorry got
    >> interrupted by son chattering), click on address book, you can
    >> delete from there.
    >>
    >> Open a mail window, click on addresses and you can edit from there.
    >>

    >> There are probably other ways, but that's the way I do it.

    Nope tried that. It only let's you edit E-Mail related passwords.
    Pedro Sanchez, Jun 3, 2006
  6. Pedro Sanchez

    Doug G Guest

    Pedro Sanchez wrote:
    > using 1.7.12 mozilla. Need to know how to delete address and start
    > over. Also do not see a way to EDIT the email addresses??
    >
    > Help?

    1. Open the Mozilla window that says "Address Book" in its title bar.
    2. Click the entry in the upper right hand pane.
    3. Press (Ctrl+I), click the Properties icon, click Properties on the
    entry's context (right click) menu, or double click the entry to edit it.
    4. Press your keyboard's Delete key or click the Delete icon to delete
    the entry.
    Doug G, Jun 3, 2006
  7. On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 15:22:26 -0500, Doug G <>
    wrote:

    >Pedro Sanchez wrote:
    >> using 1.7.12 mozilla. Need to know how to delete address and start
    >> over. Also do not see a way to EDIT the email addresses??
    >>
    >> Help?
    >>

    >1. Open the Mozilla window that says "Address Book" in its title bar.
    >2. Click the entry in the upper right hand pane.
    >3. Press (Ctrl+I), click the Properties icon, click Properties on the
    >entry's context (right click) menu, or double click the entry to edit it.
    >4. Press your keyboard's Delete key or click the Delete icon to delete
    >the entry.

    I think everyone has the wrong idea.

    What I want is a way to edit/delete/add things to the "PASSWORDS
    MANAGER", not the address's for e-mail.

    Please help if you can.
    Pedro Sanchez, Jun 3, 2006
  8. Pedro Sanchez

    gwtc Guest

    Pedro Sanchez wrote:

    > On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 15:22:26 -0500, Doug G <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Pedro Sanchez wrote:
    >>
    >>>using 1.7.12 mozilla. Need to know how to delete address and start
    >>>over. Also do not see a way to EDIT the email addresses??
    >>>
    >>>Help?
    >>>

    >>1. Open the Mozilla window that says "Address Book" in its title bar.
    >>2. Click the entry in the upper right hand pane.
    >>3. Press (Ctrl+I), click the Properties icon, click Properties on the
    >>entry's context (right click) menu, or double click the entry to edit it.
    >>4. Press your keyboard's Delete key or click the Delete icon to delete
    >>the entry.

    > I think everyone has the wrong idea.
    >
    > What I want is a way to edit/delete/add things to the "PASSWORDS
    > MANAGER", not the address's for e-mail.
    >
    > Please help if you can.

    Nobody has the wrong idea. Its you. You asked about editing email
    addresses and now you're talking about passwords. These are two
    different things. Which is it!?

    --
    Interesting Modern Philosophies: Never put both feet in your mouth at
    the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.
    gwtc, Jun 3, 2006
  9. Pedro Sanchez

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Pedro Sanchez wrote:
    > On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 15:22:26 -0500, Doug G <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Pedro Sanchez wrote:
    >>> using 1.7.12 mozilla. Need to know how to delete address and start
    >>> over. Also do not see a way to EDIT the email addresses??
    >>>
    >>> Help?
    >>>

    >> 1. Open the Mozilla window that says "Address Book" in its title bar.
    >> 2. Click the entry in the upper right hand pane.
    >> 3. Press (Ctrl+I), click the Properties icon, click Properties on the
    >> entry's context (right click) menu, or double click the entry to edit it.
    >> 4. Press your keyboard's Delete key or click the Delete icon to delete
    >> the entry.

    > I think everyone has the wrong idea.
    >
    > What I want is a way to edit/delete/add things to the "PASSWORDS
    > MANAGER", not the address's for e-mail.
    >
    > Please help if you can.

    The Password Manager (accessible via the Tools menu) only allows viewing
    and deleting passwords. The only way to add an entry is to visit the
    page that asks for the password and fill out the form. Mozilla will ask
    you to save the info if it is able to (some sites prevent this).

    If you have not set a master password then the password file (xxxxxx.s)
    is an unencrypted plain-text file that you can edit in any text editor.
    The username and password are Base 64 encoded. For more related info see:

    http://mozilla.edmullen.net/moz_pw.html
    http://mozilla.edmullen.net/moz_base64.html

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Jun 4, 2006
  10. Pedro Sanchez

    Charani Guest

    On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 14:21:30 -0400, Pedro Sanchez wrote:

    > Nope tried that. It only let's you edit E-Mail related passwords.

    Strange because I can edit my email addresses that way. I get the
    address book come up and there are two buttons at the bottom, one of
    which is edit. I click that and it brings up the details of the entry
    which I can then edit. Nothing to do with passwords at all.
    Charani, Jun 4, 2006
  11. Pedro Sanchez

    Charani Guest

    On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 17:47:23 -0400, Pedro Sanchez wrote:

    > I think everyone has the wrong idea.
    >
    > What I want is a way to edit/delete/add things to the "PASSWORDS
    > MANAGER", not the address's for e-mail.

    No, you said you wanted to edit and delete email *addresses*, as per:

    <quote>
    using 1.7.12 mozilla. Need to know how to delete address and start
    over. Also do not see a way to EDIT the email addresses??
    </quote>

    You didn't mention the Password Manager.
    Charani, Jun 4, 2006
  12. On Sun, 4 Jun 2006 15:56:06 +0100, Charani <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 17:47:23 -0400, Pedro Sanchez wrote:
    >
    >> I think everyone has the wrong idea.
    >>
    >> What I want is a way to edit/delete/add things to the "PASSWORDS
    >> MANAGER", not the address's for e-mail.
    >>

    >No, you said you wanted to edit and delete email *addresses*, as per:
    >
    ><quote>
    >using 1.7.12 mozilla. Need to know how to delete address and start
    >over. Also do not see a way to EDIT the email addresses??
    ></quote>
    >
    >You didn't mention the Password Manager.

    I said i made a mistake and even posted a new message asking for
    password manager help/.

    My god, am I allowed to make a mistake?
    Pedro Sanchez, Jun 5, 2006
  13. Pedro Sanchez

    Charani Guest

    On Sun, 04 Jun 2006 19:16:17 -0400, Pedro Sanchez wrote:

    > I said i made a mistake and even posted a new message asking for
    > password manager help/.

    That didn't arrive until this morning. Your post obviously took the
    scenic route since it was a lovely day yesterday :))
    Charani, Jun 5, 2006