  1. I can't afford Acrobat just to edit a few files.. Is there a way to
    open and edit them for free?

    What about custom form fields functionality too?
    Milhouse Van Houten, Mar 31, 2007

  2. Milhouse Van Houten

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Milhouse Van Houten" <> wrote in message
    >I can't afford Acrobat just to edit a few files.. Is there a way to
    > open and edit them for free?
    >
    > What about custom form fields functionality too?

    Dell is bundling the Acrobat Standard v8 with their MS Office Basic on new
    PCs, so there are some pretty good deals on ebay, since a lot of people
    don't use Acrobat:

    http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=acrobat standard 8.0
    WhzzKdd, Mar 31, 2007

  3. WhzzKdd wrote:

    >"Milhouse Van Houten" <> wrote in message
    >>I can't afford Acrobat just to edit a few files.. Is there a way to
    >> open and edit them for free?
    >>
    >> What about custom form fields functionality too?
    >>

    >Dell is bundling the Acrobat Standard v8 with their MS Office Basic on new
    >PCs, so there are some pretty good deals on ebay, since a lot of people
    >don't use Acrobat:
    >
    >http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=acrobat standard 8.0

    Still looks like $99 bucks though.

    I might use it like 3 or four times for forms I use in my business,
    that's it. Then I have no more need for it. I'd pay for it - if I
    was going to use it on a semi-regular basis.
    Milhouse Van Houten, Mar 31, 2007
  4. Milhouse Van Houten

    > WhzzKdd wrote:
    >
    >>"Milhouse Van Houten" <> wrote in message
    >>>I can't afford Acrobat just to edit a few files.. Is there a way to
    >>> open and edit them for free?
    >>>
    >>> What about custom form fields functionality too?
    >>>

    >>Dell is bundling the Acrobat Standard v8 with their MS Office Basic on new
    >>PCs, so there are some pretty good deals on ebay, since a lot of people
    >>don't use Acrobat:
    >>
    >>http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=acrobat standard 8.0
    >>

    > Still looks like $99 bucks though.
    >
    > I might use it like 3 or four times for forms I use in my business,
    > that's it. Then I have no more need for it. I'd pay for it - if I
    > was going to use it on a semi-regular basis.

    Heh! That's what I thought. Now I couldn't stand being without it <g>! And
    some of those on that list are starting way less - with luck you can get it
    pretty cheap. (Heck, I could sell you one of mine: I've got a couple of
    extras <g>)

    Actually, you might check www.pdf995.com or www.primopdf.com for their
    products.
    WhzzKdd, Mar 31, 2007
  5. WhzzKdd wrote:

    >"Milhouse Van Houten" <> wrote in message
    >> WhzzKdd wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Milhouse Van Houten" <> wrote in message

    >>>Dell is bundling the Acrobat Standard v8 with their MS Office Basic on new
    >>>PCs, so there are some pretty good deals on ebay, since a lot of people
    >>>don't use Acrobat:
    >>>
    >>>http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=acrobat standard 8.0
    >>>

    >> Still looks like $99 bucks though.
    >>
    >> I might use it like 3 or four times for forms I use in my business,
    >> that's it. Then I have no more need for it. I'd pay for it - if I
    >> was going to use it on a semi-regular basis.
    >>

    >Heh! That's what I thought. Now I couldn't stand being without it <g>! And
    >some of those on that list are starting way less - with luck you can get it
    >pretty cheap. (Heck, I could sell you one of mine: I've got a couple of
    >extras <g>)
    >
    >Actually, you might check www.pdf995.com or www.primopdf.com for their
    >products.

    I use primopdf for printing to PDF, the pdf995 looks half-ass - and
    the free version is not suitable because it inserts an ad.

    I guess I'm just a cheap bastard. So, what made you want to keep
    using it after you created the first few docs? I've never used it- I
    just have a compelling need to now. Ether that or another form maker
    that I (and customers) can fill fields easy without giving away source
    code to the clients. HTML won't work.
    Milhouse Van Houten, Mar 31, 2007
  6. Milhouse Van Houten

    > WhzzKdd wrote:
    >

    >>"Milhouse Van Houten" <> wrote in message

    >>> Still looks like $99 bucks though.
    >>>
    >>> I might use it like 3 or four times for forms I use in my business,
    >>> that's it. Then I have no more need for it. I'd pay for it - if I
    >>> was going to use it on a semi-regular basis.
    >>>

    >>Heh! That's what I thought. Now I couldn't stand being without it <g>!
    >>And
    >>some of those on that list are starting way less - with luck you can get
    >>it
    >>pretty cheap. (Heck, I could sell you one of mine: I've got a couple of
    >>extras <g>)
    >>
    >>Actually, you might check www.pdf995.com or www.primopdf.com for their
    >>products.
    >>

    > I use primopdf for printing to PDF, the pdf995 looks half-ass - and
    > the free version is not suitable because it inserts an ad.
    >
    > I guess I'm just a cheap bastard. So, what made you want to keep
    > using it after you created the first few docs? I've never used it- I
    > just have a compelling need to now. Ether that or another form maker
    > that I (and customers) can fill fields easy without giving away source
    > code to the clients. HTML won't work.

    I use it now to email everything. We're on a manual data entry system at the
    office, with pre-printed paper forms. I have customers who now want order
    acknowledgements and invoices emailed to them, so I scan to PDF and send 'em
    off. And instead of faxing drawings/specs of our products those now get sent
    email. Anything I used to mail or fax now goes out PDF when I can. We even
    printed our PowerPoint Presentations to PDF - much smaller distribution
    files - and Acrobat Reader can be set for a slideshow.

    But you should be able to do some PDF online - they'll do 5 for free:
    http://createpdf.adobe.com/
    WhzzKdd, Mar 31, 2007